New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Fucking hell it looks amazing, can’t wait hope we get in there before the Christmas fixtures.

Anybody reckon there is a chance of that?
Yeah, I reckon Burnley in December will be the first game in the new stadium. It'll be ready sooner but they won't want the Southampton midweek game to be the opener.

Reckon once the Champions League draw is made this evening and the fixtures are confirmed we'll announce that we'll play all the group games at Wembley, rather than pissing about with 2 at Wembley, and the final one at the new stadium, even if it's ready by then,

"Under the lights", will have a whole new meaning when this place is ready, both inside and out.
UoHjqDo.jpg
Do you know if this is how they intend to set up the lights when it's finished?
Those lit-up blue rectangles look tasty

Yeah, I reckon Burnley in December will be the first game in the new stadium. It'll be ready sooner but they won't want the Southampton midweek game to be the opener.

Reckon once the Champions League draw is made this evening and the fixtures are confirmed we'll announce that we'll play all the group games at Wembley, rather than pissing about with 2 at Wembley, and the final one at the new stadium, even if it's ready by then,

Think the police and council might prefer a midweek, highly unlikely they will want Chelsea as a 'trial' but a nice tame Southampton game should be fine ... it's also easier to get traffic away after an evening game ...

The one thing they have never been able to compete with us on has been atmosphere, Highbury wasn't called a library for nothing. Even their away support is one of the worst in the league, these wankers have diluted derby days for me, all the noise, all the spite, all the passion has always come from us.

I, for one, will miss the look of abject fear on their stupid mugs as they run the gauntlet and are herded past the ticket office and down Park Lane.

Last edited:
More of the veil framework went up overnight on the west side. Slow progress but I guess its cosmetic and doesn't really matter - but I'd really like to see most of the west side (and at least part of the east side) veil in place before the first match (late October ?) just for the TV cameras to admire !

Came up to WHL yesterday as I had some spare time. Wanted to see the stadium as hadn’t been up since ‘The Finale’ vs MU. Spent some money in the Antwerp Arms, Chick King and Tottenham Star. Was gloriously indulgent.

Weird mix of emotions overall. The new stadium is a stunning piece of architecture. It’s amazing that we’re still at WHL and great to see how we’re progressing. But, for ageing and greying gits like me, the fact that WHL is gone is tough. Really tough.

I loved that place like the home I grew up in. Walking up Park Lane and seeing it completely open, with no Shelf (RIP - one and only terrible decision with new WHL) cornering on the South Stand feels weird.

However, it is glorious that we’re still in Tottenham and we’ll be able to rightfully call it White Hart Lane irrespective of what the official name is. I’m pretty excited overall by the move and our team is truly world class.

To be honest Mr AV's vid's don't reveal much anymore now the roof is up. Tend to force myself to look around the periphery to get a sense of progress now.
All we have left now is the edge of the South stand roof and the cladding...The only other big thing left is the turf getting put down...

Back
Top Bottom