New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Think he’s referring to the big square section top left of the pitch as we look at it. What is that?
Sorry, not sure what you are referring to.

All I can see is the astro around the edge. There are boards or a covering in certain areas on the earth/sand mix which have been down for a couple of weeks at the North End (closest to camera) of the stadium. That now appears to have been extended along the west flank towards the South Stand. Not sure what they are doing with that extended bit, but I think in general they are used so heavy machinery can travel along without fucking up what has been previously laid. In the South Stand they have been down so work can be carried out on the construction of the grow-light things and the finishing off of the Bar/Lounge suspended from the roof.

Sorry if I've misinterpreted.

Yet another grow light getting built...also the glass on the south West corner of the roof is done, just one piece on the East to go, and they are laying out the tiles on the East side to bring up the lorry to deliver it....Look at all the pretty lights...
image.php

The glass panels over the south west roof have now been installed, leaving just one hole to fill over the east stand.

After that the roof area is broadly done except with whatever they intend doing at the apex around the south stand where work has been underway for a few weeks now.

Some major pieces of the framework for the veil/cladding were installed over night to the south side of the west entrance.

"Under the lights", will have a whole new meaning when this place is ready, both inside and out.
UoHjqDo.jpg

I just hope we settle in well and put all those wanky gooners saying we'll struggle for atmosphere because they did to bed. The reason they struggled for atmosphere ain't because of their new stadium, it's because they have a shit fan base & it would be great to prove that by making this place properly light up with atmosphere.

Such a shame that Liverpool game ain't the one. It could have been a top of the table tie to open our new home. What a proper start that would have been

I just hope we settle in well and put all those wanky gooners saying we'll struggle for atmosphere because they did to bed. The reason they struggled for atmosphere ain't because of their new stadium, it's because they have a shit fan base & it would be great to prove that by making this place properly light up with atmosphere.

Such a shame that Liverpool game ain't the one. It could have been a top of the table tie to open our new home. What a proper start that would have been

Hopefully it's open for the City game, and we smash the fucking scousers so it's still a top of the table tie!

Floodlights!
Dlv6vY5W4AA_92y.jpg

I hope they remembered to position one of those floodlights so it points directly into my eyes:pochshock:. I can supply my seat number and height if it would help to get the position exactly right :pochwtf:. It should be OK though, they managed to get it right at the Lane without even trying.:pochrolleyes:

Last edited:

I've got loads of gooner mates and I have to be honest I've not heard one of them say we'll struggle for atmosphere at the new place. All of them are deeply envious of the South Stand and wish they had done the same.

The one thing they have never been able to compete with us on has been atmosphere, Highbury wasn't called a library for nothing. Even their away support is one of the worst in the league, these wankers have diluted derby days for me, all the noise, all the spite, all the passion has always come from us.

Back
Top Bottom