New Kit

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Does anyone remember Puma? They had a very high rate of returns, ripped, fallen apart etc items. Their quality is low. It's even know within the industry that UA is the actual best for quality. Maybe not everyones cup of tea look wise, but that's impossible to achieve. How can everyone universally like the same item. But the materials and the ways it's made is different. People want value for money. For example a UA polo 99.9% of the time will last longer than a adidas polo, a nike polo, etc. It amazes me when people want brand name over quality and moan about durability.
Working on this side of things, we've seen the technologies that produce many of the brands. UA is the highest quality of all of them. It's a big reason behind it's growth.
Adidas is very good, Nike is probably just behind them. But UA is at the top. I understand that designs is a different area. Not all appeal to everyone. I mean from a personal point of view, Adidas can be dull with kits. They usually put the trade mark three stripes on everything single shirts sleeves (until this season of course) and with a lot of kits and training wear, they will use just one colour. So if a badge had maybe black lions, a yellow section etc. You'll just get in the secondary colour only that's reserve of the shirt colour. Nike are better, but they definitely come from a brand name point of view more than anything. It's Nike!? Must be amazing. Not always. UA, have great stuff and bad stuff look wise but they put a lot of effort into things. Things that I've seen them put in Tottenham Hotspur stuff that has a back story and reason, related to the history of the club. But interpreted in their own way. Ideas are also not always one sided, the club has an input.
Imagine if Tottenham go back to Adidas. Here's the designs we have for your new kit... here's the away. We've done a navy one, a black one, a blue one, a green one. Pick and we will stick your badge on it. Where's the personal touch in that? Nike can be a little template happy too. England away looks pretty much like Portugal home. UA try to accommodate where they can, sometimes they may have similar collars but little else.
People complain about the prices too, fair enough. But if you're paying top dollar maybe it's nice to be paying it for good material.
Yeah but as you say their gear looks shocking. Not sure why it is so popular in America.

Please god yes! BEAR DOWN!
bears-defense1-e1314044260619.jpg

Fairly sure that's photoshop, and poorly done as well. Seriously, with the camera that's on pretty much everyone's phones there's no way there's a staged photo like that coming out in such terrible quality.

Fairly sure that's photoshop, and poorly done as well. Seriously, with the camera that's on pretty much everyone's phones there's no way there's a staged photo like that coming out in such terrible quality.

footyheadlines.com has been correct with leaks for the past four years, and this actually looks very close to what UA have designed for us in the past. I believe that the burnt orange will be a different shade when it's not a mock up, but plan on this being the away kit.

footyheadlines.com has been correct with leaks for the past four years, and this actually looks very close to what UA have designed for us in the past. I believe that the burnt orange will be a different shade when it's not a mock up, but plan on this being the away kit.

The first just looked very poor to me, but that 2nd picture looks more legit. I'll believe navy and gold, really, since that's the colors of so much of the training gear.

For what it's worth, I don't mind it in that second picture.

Back
Top Bottom