Nathan Oduwa

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The fact the Ayr fans were booing him just because he did a rainbow flick v Alloa is pathetic. But again, I think it's good for his development. He's possibly currently the most high profile player in Scotland.

In defence of Ayr fans they have never seen pace or skill before, they probably thought he was doing voodoo on the pitch running more than 10 MPH. We all fear what we don't know it's natural, there probably would be mass fights if Messi ever had the misfortune to play against them.

Too many tricks. Just silly. I'd much rather see him receive the ball out wide, control it, and then pass either sideways or backwards. It's worked for us in the past... :avbshit::avbnaa:

Good to see Oduwa on the showboat section on Soccer AM. It was the wee dragback, rather than the rainbow flick that was shown. The rainbow flick must have been too outrageous for British TV :adewtf:

Good to see Oduwa on the showboat section on Soccer AM. It was the wee dragback, rather than the rainbow flick that was shown. The rainbow flick must have been too outrageous for British TV :adewtf:
I imagine it's because it wasn't successful. Was nice to see him on there though.

Sorry to say this in a way, but i hope he does shit for them.
Ball too.

sevco.jpg

Got to say Warburton has them playing some nice stuff. If Levy does his normal sacking wouldn't mind him, also a Spurs fan.

Last edited:
So how did Oduwa do today?
Quiet when he come on really. Didn't really take on his man at times, opted to cut in and do a few step overs. Wasn't the best game in general. Hopefully he gets some starts in future and can build some momentum.

So how did Oduwa do today?
Had quite a quietish game today. Came on around 60 mins and played wide left. Totti Totti summed up his performance well. Had a couple of shots, a couple of wee runs and tricks but never really imposed himself on the match. In all fairness, the Hibs defence doubled up on him and never really gave him any space.

Looking at Warburton's team selections for league/cup I would expect him to start v Airdrie on Wednesday.

He played the full 90 minutes for Gers v Airdrie away (on their plastic pitch) in the league cup. He had an entertaining game on the left side of the front 3, before moving to attacking central mid around 60 minutes. Thankfully the referee offered him more protection than the game last Wednesday, as he was fouled a number of times. Looked dangerous every time he had the ball and went close with a couple of chances. Can be a wee bit frustrating by trying to take on too many players or holding onto the ball to long. However, we love him for his desire to entertain.

Sounds like there's a danger of him becoming a bit of a Taraabt in overplaying his strengths, leading to dangerous turnovers of the ball. Tbh, I'd prefer to see that rather than dull-as-dishwater slow build up which ends up in losing the ball eventually anyway.

The thing is he's also still young. We just have to hope that he learns.

Disclaimer for what comes next: I'm not saying he's going to be Christiano Ronaldo mark 2.

I remember when he first emerged in the Premier League there were a lot of occasions when he tried too much, doing about a bazillion step-overs and then losing the ball. I don't mind Oduwa doing this while he's at Rangers. what I'd like to see is that Warburton guides him and in time he learns when to use the step-overs and take on the man and when it's better to release the ball quickly to a team mate. That's where it's good to see him getting first team football, as he'll learn that part of the games.

Disclaimer for what comes next: I'm not saying he's going to be Christiano Ronaldo mark 2.

I remember when he first emerged in the Premier League there were a lot of occasions when he tried too much, doing about a bazillion step-overs and then losing the ball.

I still remember that mocking animated .gif of a cartoon Ronaldo doing lots of stepovers then falling over - seems we might have underestimated him slightly.

Stauner Stauner Thanks for the Oduwa updates. Can't bring myself to watch lower tier Scottish football, but excited by this guy. Love a player who seeks to entertain.

Btw, did Ball play?
I don't blame you. However, it's the first time, probably since the Advocaat era, that Rangers are playing exciting, attacking football. Oduwa fits in perfectly. It will be interesting to see how he performs over the full season and if he would be ready for the Spurs first team. Certainly couldn't do worse than Lamela.

Ball did play. He was very calm, assured and strolled through the game. TBH, he wasn't really tested but dealt with everything very well.

Back
Top Bottom