My God

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

sammyspurs said:
Cant people just back the club and the new manager, without constantly attacking the last manager.

Its like the two have become hand in hand, where people slating AVB are all seen as people who want Redknapp back....so the people who didnt like Redknapp feel they have to back AVB, and then start slating Harry....to get at his backers.

It tiresome and all a bit pathetic, and the club will never move forward if every time we bring up the fact AVB needs time, its laced with digs at Redknapp. Its divisive.

For fucks sake, just move on.

I've also noticed that anyone defending redknapp is 99% of the time accused of not backing AVB.

Eskimo said:
sammyspurs said:
Cant people just back the club and the new manager, without constantly attacking the last manager.

Its like the two have become hand in hand, where people slating AVB are all seen as people who want Redknapp back....so the people who didnt like Redknapp feel they have to back AVB, and then start slating Harry....to get at his backers.

It tiresome and all a bit pathetic, and the club will never move forward if every time we bring up the fact AVB needs time, its laced with digs at Redknapp. Its divisive.

For fucks sake, just move on.

I've also noticed that anyone defending redknapp is 99% of the time accused of not backing AVB.

The hypocrisy going around is cringeworthy, on both sides of this stupid situation. People slating a manager to "get at" another poster...then preaching about supporting the club and giving managers time, while calling half the fanbase cunts and glory hunters for doing exactly what they did last season.

And others who were apalled by Redknapps treatment, who now do the same to AVB.

Redknapp is gone, and thats that. It would be normal to compare him to AVB for footballing reasons, not this one camp against another situation we are in.

There are no threads or comments that Ive read on here demanding Harry back, yet how many threads get infested with digs from people who cant peel themselves away from everything he does, or did?? It's a bit weird, sad and obsessive.

Back AVB, and Spurs. Thats all we should be concentrating on, and who knows....others may follow suit.

COYS

Burko said:
I think the reason there are no threads or comments from people wanting Harry back is that no-one wants Harry back.

And thats great, because it means more people should focus on getting behind AVB.

Still doesnt explain why so many feel the need to dwell on their dislike for him. He's gone and they should be pleased they dont need to hear or talk about him anymore....but they cant stop talking about him, which makes the whole thing more divisive.

sammyspurs said:
Burko said:
I think the reason there are no threads or comments from people wanting Harry back is that no-one wants Harry back.

And thats great, because it means more people should focus on getting behind AVB.

Still doesnt explain why so many feel the need to dwell on their dislike for him. He's gone and they should be pleased they dont need to hear or talk about him anymore....but they cant stop talking about him, which makes the whole thing more divisive.

But as you said, it's natural for people to compare the old manager with the new one.

And it has been said that maybe with Harry we'd have taken more than 2 points from our last 2 games by virtue of being more confident in our ability to close out the game without sacrificing our attack.

I know you want to defend Harry, but it seems you are focusing too much on the negative and not enough on the positive.

I think my post summed up my feelings, and Ive pointed to both sides of the coin being as pathetic as eachother (constant Harry digs = AVB OUT nonsense imo)

Both fuel eachother, and we cant move on unless both sides stop it.

Nothing to do with comparing footballing styles objectively.

Your coin needs a third side, for people who are happy to have AVB here and don't give a crap about Redknapp now he's gone.

Like I just said, it has been discussed objectively, you just ignored it.

Burko said:
Your coin needs a third side, for people who are happy to have AVB here and don't give a crap about Redknapp now he's gone.

Like I just said, it has been discussed objectively, you just ignored it.

No, Im talking to the people who keep dredging up the past or slating AVB.

I dont have a problem with the people on that third side of the coin, as they are the fans with the attitude that will unite the club, and thats what Id like to see more of here.

You seem to agree with me, but want to argue about it? I dont understand. Im clearly not talking to "people who are happy to have AVB here and don't give a crap about Redknapp now he's gone."

Thats exactly what we need, because then there would be no-one saying "AVB Out" and no one slating Redknapp. No fuel. Perfect.

Sammy, if someone has the opinion that they think Redknapp is a baggy faced, tactically inept nob, you aren't going to change their mind

Conversely, if they think AVB has proven that he is the greatest tactitian of all time, you aren't going to change their mind.

People will always have opinions that differ from our own, I don't think we need to "unite" our fans, just support our club the same way we always have.

There will always be dickhead fans that turn up with the sole intention of having a go at their chosen figure of hate, or boo the team if we aren't winning at half time. It's not a new thing.

I'm not arguing here, but I just don't think we need the group hug to make things all nice again in Spurs-Land.

Leroy said:
I like turtles.

tumblr_m507la4K5h1rsbldoo1_500.jpg

Its a bit of a grey area really, the terrapin/turtle/tortoise debate is one that's fraught with international deviations in understanding.

Strictly speaking they are all Chelonians, but people tried to differenciate between them by the freshwater/sea/land denomination.

Back
Top Bottom