Moussa Sissoko

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He's a convenient scapegoat. Fans around me last night were blaming him for not reaching bad passes that were made to him. Ridiculous. Sure, he was poor but there's no need to to swear at him because Ben Davies made another shit pass.
I did have a fleeting thought with about a minute to go last night. GKN went past a defender and whipped in a cross from the left. It took a bit of a deflection off a defender and even though Sissoko jumped for it, it was about six feet above him as it went past. My thought was "stupid Sissoko cunt not being 14 feet tall. Twat".

Slightly harsh in hindsight.

seen a few games with him now, a bit worried he just looks like steam train with failed brakes. Control is woeful, passing is even worse. Really looks like a Sunday league player. At least with Jansen you can see he has vision, control , strength, passes a good ball, basically looks like a footballer – has just been unlucky. Sissoko looks like a rugby player giving it a go. I panicked and thought there must be a YT reel bigging him up somewhere but worryingly he looks just as terrible in them.

I hope, really hope i'm wrong... but we've seen it before, Lamella wasn't good in his first season but he always put in a shift, his control was excellent and still picked out some good passes but this joker... My word what is he meant to have to his game? Perhaps in Sunderland or Stoke bashing through the middle he will be ok but not for us on the wing, way too clumsy.

seen a few games with him now, a bit worried he just looks like steam train with failed brakes. Control is woeful, passing is even worse. Really looks like a Sunday league player. At least with Jansen you can see he has vision, control , strength, passes a good ball, basically looks like a footballer – has just been unlucky. Sissoko looks like a rugby player giving it a go. I panicked and thought there must be a YT reel bigging him up somewhere but worryingly he looks just as terrible in them.

I hope, really hope i'm wrong... but we've seen it before, Lamella wasn't good in his first season but he always put in a shift, his control was excellent and still picked out some good passes but this joker... My word what is he meant to have to his game? Perhaps in Sunderland or Stoke bashing through the middle he will be ok but not for us on the wing, way too clumsy.
The clumsy thing is pretty fucking amazing when it works, but it hardly does.

When he gets a bit of space to get up to speed and runs through players, the ball bouncing about off his shins and insteps, getting the breaks of deflections, he's a glorious sight of mentalness. When the same thing happens next time and the ball hits his shin and goes out of play, instead of down the wing, he looks like a fucking arse.

Janssen can end up getting 0 league goals from open play the whole season and people will still defend him.
The fact is neither him nor Sissoko have impressed and so far it looks like we made a mistake signing both of them if we are being totally honest.
Can't agree with you there. Janssen Hasn't come here to be in the first team. He's young and inexperienced. He hasn't really offered goals but he has offered something. He brings other players into the game. He holds the ball up so the 3 behind him can run on which is why we have players like alli and lamela.

The problem is, we're actually not creating chances. Last night, Eriksen had a couple of shots from outside the box and Walker ran through and had a shot/cross go close. Other than that, Sissoko had a few opportunities to cross and they were pathetic attempts. Davies had a couple of shots from distance that were never going in, and a few shit crosses. Alli and Son made runs that weren't picked up and were largely marked out of the game.

We also looked a lot better once Janssen came on, because we didn't just give the ball away every time we got forward.

Not really scapegoating when the bloke hasn't shown a single instance of technical footballing ability since he arrived. What exactly is he there for? Defensive cover? Please enlighten me as to what he is providing us with, because at the moment he seems like the biggest waste of time since Adebayor.

I think as a bunch of fans we're reasonably patient of players, for instance we could see the following bunch just needed to improve on a couple of aspect of their game and gave them time:

• Rose, we knew he was quick and an excellent wing back but needed to improve his defensive skills
• Lamella, needed to be quicker on the ball and stronger
• Walker, needed to focus and cut out those silly mistakes
• Townsend, needed to not always cut in and shoot ultimately needed to be less selfish
• Lennon, would draw bookings and fouls and would be immense on the brake but needed a better end product

I believe most can see the qualities in Janssen, a bit 'Bergkamp' like, the way he leans back into players to gain space for a crucial lay off. He does a lot of good for the team and is clearly a technical thinking player. Time will tell if he is a 30+ goal machine. Sissoko, it's a worry as he seems to lack basic skills... If he was lightening quick I would say he is lacking the balls to run onto but he aint. I just don't get his game

I fully agree players need time to adjust. I did want him and whilst cannot remember specifics feared him as an opponent.
However watching him last night I was appalled by his lack of strength in being pushed off the ball, slowness when the ball was played near him. There was a time when Janssen pressed the Goalie only for him to have an easy out as Sissoko was standing 10 yards off the LB instead of pressing that outlet. Lots of players were poor last night but Janssen did try hard and made a difference when he came on but Sissoko is not an upgrade on Chadli and I am starting to wonder why we ever let him go.

He's a convenient scapegoat. Fans around me last night were blaming him for not reaching bad passes that were made to him. Ridiculous. Sure, he was poor but there's no need to to swear at him because Ben Davies made another shit pass.

I think Davies received plenty of fans' ire last night too...

30 mil should be getting us an upgrade.
Who is he an upgrade on ?
Chadli out , him in

Neither were going to be regular starters... maybe Chadli's determination to PLAY regularly was the deciding factor for him leaving for WBA (Poch apparently didn't want him to go)

Sissoko strikes me (no pun intended) as a player who would be happy to play occasionally and sit on the bench tweeting selfies for the rest of the match... but the only problem with that is, when you play you have to be ready to make an impact!

Just a thought- with the 30K price tag-could this have unsettle the balance of the squad. Resentment from other players, possibly questioning the cost, his abilities and especially having being bought solely on his Euro performances which didn't match the reports form last season with New Utd?

Just a thought- with the 30K price tag-could this have unsettle the balance of the squad. Resentment from other players, possibly questioning the cost, his abilities and especially having being bought solely on his Euro performances which didn't match the reports form last season with New Utd?

30k would be about right.

Oh, if only we had spent 30k on him.

Back
Top Bottom