Memorial to my son, Michael Read, at Norwich this Sunday.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Dear Chris we will be thinking of you and your family on Sunday and clapping loudly, my husband recently lost a dear friend who used to travel up with him on match days and it is not the same without him but the Spurs bond is strong and hopefully will help to get you through this awful time, let me know if you ever need more tickets to attend with your family at another match as we are a few blocks along X
Thank you

So very sorry to read this, so very sorry for your loss. Some of my best memories have been taking my sons and daughter to games in the past. I can't imagine what you've been feeling these past few weeks, or what you'll be feeling on 22 minutes v NCFC.

I know some bods on Spurs Odyssey still, I'll send your OP on to them and hopefully it'll reach a lot of fans from there going.

Will be thinking of you all 2.22pm Sunday.

Best wishes, Chris

CB
Thanks

Thanks to everyone for your support and kind words. Michael would be so happy with the love and bond from fellow supporters. The stadium was definitely our happy place together. If you see a short 53 year old man slightly drunk and crying on Sunday, that will be me.

Norwich fan in peace..........
I have posted this on the Pinkun Norwich City forum, and our fans will be applauding with you. Your terribly sad loss reminds us that there are some things far more important than sporting rivalries. Stay strong, we are with you.

Thanks to everyone for your support and kind words. Michael would be so happy with the love and bond from fellow supporters. The stadium was definitely our happy place together. If you see a short 53 year old man slightly drunk and crying on Sunday, that will be me.
Wow - tear-jerking post, Chris.

:dierpochhug:

I'm not far from you in 506. If I see you I'll come over and pay my respects.

Is there a particular song that Michael liked? I'm sure we can have a rendition of it just for him after the minutes applause.

My 22 year old son Michael Read was hit by a car and killed on the 2nd of October.
He was a massive Spurs fan and we watched all the matches together. He will be mentioned in the obituary section of the programme on Sunday, and I will be sitting in my usual seat, but without him next to me. We miss him so much.
It would be great to get everyone applauding in his memory on 22 mins. He would love that. I'll be in stand 503 with some of his family. If you could do that and spread the word through any other forums it would make Sunday's game even more special for us and for Michael. COYS.
Love to you mate, be strong and remember the 22 years you had together and how much love you gave and received from Michael. I will be thinking of you and your family on the 22nd min and I will clap for you all . The Yid Army are with you every step of the way.

South Stand/Shelfside corner will be applauding on 22 mins if I have anything to do with it! Will try my best to help get it going...

So sorry for your loss.

This is also happening tomorrow. Think I will be in bits.

Life is bigger than football...

Arthur and Michael will be respectfully remembered tomorrow... Without a shadow of doubt.

RIP lads.

Me and my wife (sitting in Michael's seat) will be in the 2 seats at the end of the row just above the entrance to the stairs, in row 12, 503 (to the right of the stairs as you come out into the stand, facing the pitch). My Daughter and her boyfriend are right up near the back of 503 in row 27. I'll be wearing Michael's home shirt with M.READ 99" on the back. We will be in the goal line bar and then the Dispensary bar, West stand level 5, so if you see me, say hello.
"We are Tottenham, super Tottenham......" is probably the best song for Michael. Let's hope it's a good performance, a win, a goal (or two) for Harry, and great applause for poor little Arthur on 6 mins (this is hopefully also being done) and then for our dear Michael on 22 mins.
Thank you again everyone. This means a lot to us.
COYS
X

Me and my wife (sitting in Michael's seat) will be in the 2 seats at the end of the row just above the entrance to the stairs, in row 12, 503 (to the right of the stairs as you come out into the stand, facing the pitch). My Daughter and her boyfriend are right up near the back of 503 in row 27. I'll be wearing Michael's home shirt with M.READ 99" on the back. We will be in the goal line bar and then the Dispensary bar, West stand level 5, so if you see me, say hello.
"We are Tottenham, super Tottenham......" is probably the best song for Michael. Let's hope it's a good performance, a win, a goal (or two) for Harry, and great applause for poor little Arthur on 6 mins (this is hopefully also being done) and then for our dear Michael on 22 mins.
COYS
X
I'll keep a look out for you!

Any South standers here. You'll probably have the best chance of getting 'We are Tottenham' going. The stadium tends to look to you to lead songs. So if you can get it going I'll whip up the West stand as best as possible!

COYS
X
Giving me chills to read this thread - so sorry for your family‘s loss, I hope Spurs can be a way for you to keep your son close by for years to come. I‘ll be paying respects and watching and listening out for this from afar here in Australia…

Back
Top Bottom