Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Don't be like that.

The fella lied in the transfer thread for starters. Said "of course we will sign a striker". When the window was almost closing he said "We won't sign a striker". When the window shut, he gloated about saying we wouldn't sign one. Tragic.

Then he gloated and said "what did I say" when we lost a game.

Will never respect that.

I'd rather we finish 4th and felt like we achieved something than finish 2nd and feel like we failed.

Look at Liverpool. 2nd and then completely collapsed. Yes, they lost Saurez, but their morale must have took an absolute battering.
Different with us simply because the squad is so young, if we finished 2nd this year just imagine the belief that will give this squad

The fella lied in the transfer thread for starters. Said "of course we will sign a striker". When the window was almost closing he said "We won't sign a striker". When the window shut, he gloated about saying we wouldn't sign one. Tragic.

Will never respect that.

Well I've fallen out with him before, but I'm not one to hold a grudge. Wipe the slate clean mate. Or don't.

I'd rather we finish 4th and felt like we achieved something than finish 2nd and feel like we failed.

Look at Liverpool. 2nd and then completely collapsed. Yes, they lost Saurez, but their morale must have took an absolute battering.

I think it was mostly Suarez that took them that far. He covered Rodgers and Liverpool's flaws and was incredible that final season. They have basically lost Sturridge since then too so that's what really made them fall off imo.

Finishing 2nd would be huge for us and take us to another level after never finishing above 4th in so long. It's a young squad so they'll be eager to improve on that next season, we'd still have all our key players raring to go.

Will never respect that.
Wait, you actually believe what is said in the transfer thread?
:eriksenlol::levylol:

We've got a great chance of winning the league for the first time in most of our lifetimes. We have a great team, a great manager, the incentive for winning couldn't possibly be higher, and it's time to stop thinking about 4th or 2nd or whatever. One game at a time and exert the maximum pressure on our rivals. We can do this - and if we don't, make the other team win it in the hardest possible way. Professional sport innit.

Will finish 1st you can bank on it!

images

Reading all above, write LC off at your peril.......
Leicester will be very strong contenders to whoever wins the PL, if they fail. They have 14 games to play, most against shite and the big games fall nice for them.The Scum weekend before Barcelona and City two games before Dynamo Kiev the following weekend the CC final? Both teams will be stretched and will not like playing LC. LC are a decent side , they are up there in merit. Poch just needs to keep us on tract. We don't have to play LC but do against the others so a hard task ahead. We can do, just need that little bit of luck.

[QUOTE="Jayc1, post: 938680, member: 6014"]I'd rather we finish 4th and felt like we achieved something than finish 2nd and feel like we failed.
[/QUOTE]

Really? Did I just read that? LOL.
So.. Under what circumstances would finishing 4th be achieving, while 2nd would make us feel we failed? I`d rather lead after 37 rounds and end up 2nd because Kyle Walker brainfarts in overtime and lets Colocini nutmeg him and backheel it in goal via the refs leg, than being 5th after 37 rounds and finishing 4th. Sure, it would hurt, and sure, claiming 4th in round 38 would be sweet, but come on, imagine fighting for a top spot in april and have butterflies week in week out (like Leicester fans prolly have now, and Lippul fans prolly had 2 years ago). We are Spurs fans! We dream of failing into 2nd! I`ve been a fan for over 30 years & we haven`t been close to winning ONCE!

That Liverpool comparison just doesn`t work. 1. They DID lose Suarez. 2. Sturrigde suddenly became normal (injured) again, and 3: Liverpool actually overachieved that year, prolly because of them having no CL/Europa or even any cup runs.
The added schedule after that 2nd place while simultanously losing Suarez was always likely to give them problems. I`m pretty sure we would keep Kane even if finishing 2nd and him scoring another 12 goals this season. And, even if for some strange reason United completely panicked and came in, offering him £250K a week and Levy letting him go at £80mill, we were never as dependant on him as Liverpool were on Suarez and playing CL next season would be a blessing schedule wise compared to the current situation of playing Europa League every year.

Reading all above, write LC off at your peril.......
Leicester will be very strong contenders to whoever wins the PL, if they fail. They have 14 games to play, most against shite and the big games fall nice for them.The Scum weekend before Barcelona and City two games before Dynamo Kiev the following weekend the CC final? Both teams will be stretched and will not like playing LC. LC are a decent side , they are up there in merit. Poch just needs to keep us on tract. We don't have to play LC but do against the others so a hard task ahead. We can do, just need that little bit of luck.

They still have City, Woolwich, Utd, and Chelsea all away - if we had those we'd be delighted with picking up somewhere between 3&6 points out of 12.

Back
Top Bottom