Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He took us from a lower position and raised us higher, before the recent fall off. I’ve no doubt if he took on Madrid or Munich, he’ll do well and bring them success, as both clubs are in a stronger position than we were when he arrived. Doesn’t mean he’s still the right man for us. Give him a squad that don’t know him too well and haven’t become stale and predictable under him and he’ll be great.

Bit it appears that we presently have the choice between replacing Poch or replacing around 15 players.
We have to replace those players anyway! That’s the damn point.

No manager is going to reverse the decline of some or make others want to stay.

I've never been a Poch fan, until last feb he had done a really good job getting us into top 4, but to me he has never address the weak mentalitly of the squad (and maybe him)
in the Leicester season it was there for us to win, (if we had got Charlie Austin as backup striker in Jan transfer window we could have rested or add to Kane for goals) but we also lost it in matches due to pressure (mentally weak) has poch got in people to deal with that ?
he's use of sub's is poor, rarely do his sub's change games, rarely does he sub early, how often has he subbed Kane or C/H to give player a rest and experience/match time to the sub ?
now players fitness not as high (can't keep pressing) has he changed tactics/gone in new direction ?
has he got in new coaches to bring in new ideas/different voice (like fergie used too)

Hopefully Levy has written something into Poch's contract that means we don't have to pay full contract otherwise Levy wont get rid of him

Poch's contract excludes him working elsewhere and unless he does not work until the end of the contract then it will not cost the club the full 32m. The loss of CL will cost the club more.

Who would you want as coach if Poch is sacked?

Someone as similar to him in style as possible as in 18 years with 8 appointments and 2 interims he’s proven to be the only coach to have been able to cope with the ENIC methods, and still significantly raise the bar of expectations.

Marco Rose from Mochengladbach would be my choice.

Juande Ramos and AVB both had trophies in the bank prior to joining and look how those appointments turned out...

Some even called on Pullis

Crickey fuck
Also, god rest his soul, but someone also suggested Justin Edinburgh if he was still with us... proof that Yer Da is running wilder than Hulkamania.

I really don’t know how they didn’t this drop off coming. Miracles can’t happen forever and the club needs to get right back on it in terms of investment and especially scouting.

The football side of the club was neglected for far too long, the summer 2018 window was a criminal piece of paralysis and the club is paying for it now.

Someone as similar to him in style as possible as in 18 years with 8 appointments and 2 interims he’s proven to be the only coach to have been able to cope with the ENIC methods, and still significantly raise the bar of expectations.

Marco Rose from Mochengladbach would be my choice.

Juande Ramos and AVB both had trophies in the bank prior to joining and look how those appointments turned out...

The way ENIC conduct business needs to be taken into consideration indeed. Poch's style suited us with the mention that he lacked a plan B at times and failed to give his players a winning mentality. Of course, there are aspects that can be corrected in time, but he seems too stuck into his methods and fails to see how he needs to adapt to different situations.

There are no certain appointments as history has shown us. We may talk as much as we want here, argue that one manager is better for us than the other, but in the end it is up to Levy to decide who our next coach is. Whoever comes next should send a message regarding the direction we're heading.

The way ENIC conduct business needs to be taken into consideration indeed. Poch's style suited us with the mention that he lacked a plan B at times and failed to give his players a winning mentality. Of course, there are aspects that can be corrected in time, but he seems too stuck into his methods and fails to see how he needs to adapt to different situations.

There are no certain appointments as history has shown us. We may talk as much as we want here, argue that one manager is better for us than the other, but in the end it is up to Levy to decide who our next coach is. Whoever comes next should send a message regarding the direction we're heading.

Poch has deffo showed many styles of play and systems with this group, but they are out of ideas because he has had 2 new pieces In basically 2 seasons (Sess and GLC fitness withstanding). We need new players pronto.

When I say he was hamstrung by his overachievement, it got to a point where he raised the standards so rapidly the infrastructure of the club couldn’t keep up. All of a sudden you needed to be a lot better than a Townsend, Mason to make an impact from the academy - Winks is of a far higher standard than them and look at the grief he gets. N’Koudou, N’Jie , Wimmer would have stood more of a chance had they arrived in 2013 for instance.

I do believe a lot of Spurs players have been individually overrated by our fans thanks to the team Poch created. Maybe that’s why they think they are owed a trophy.

“Winning mentality” is pish. Money wins always. Care to tell me what Pellegrini won outside of Man City? Didn’t Klopp lose 5 finals until he got to spend huge fees?

That’s the dirt secret of football historically. It he who has the fattest wallet wins INCLUDING our 1960s bunch.

Poch has deffo showed many styles of play and systems with this group, but they are out of ideas because he has had 2 new pieces In basically 2 seasons (Sess and GLC fitness withstanding). We need new players pronto.

When I say he was hamstrung by his overachievement, it got to a point where he raised the standards so rapidly the infrastructure of the club couldn’t keep up. All of a sudden you needed to be a lot better than a Townsend, Mason to make an impact from the academy - Winks is of a far higher standard than them and look at the grief he gets. N’Koudou, N’Jie , Wimmer would have stood more of a chance had they arrived in 2013 for instance.

I do believe a lot of Spurs players have been individually overrated by our fans thanks to the team Poch created. Maybe that’s why they think they are owed a trophy.

“Winning mentality” is pish. Money wins always. Care to tell me what Pellegrini won outside of Man City? Didn’t Klopp lose 5 finals until he got to spend huge fees?

That’s the dirt secret of football historically. It he who has the fattest wallet wins INCLUDING our 1960s bunch.
I hear you but doesn’t explain this season against Newcastle Colchester Brighton
Couldn’t believe those names as I typed them one is an aberration but all 3 ugh

Back
Top Bottom