Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Poch has made a big mistake in not using the youngsters more this season. This was the rebuild season and he has wasted so much time sticking with players who anyway want to leave. Poor management

It's a shame this season that Chelsea of all teams is showing us the route we should be going down. Quite unbelievable tbh

Poch has made a big mistake in not using the youngsters more this season. This was the rebuild season and he has wasted so much time sticking with players who anyway want to leave. Poor management

It's a shame this season that Chelsea of all teams is showing us the route we should be going down. Quite unbelievable tbh
We always struggle as a club to get things right the decision making is shocking.

Liverpool bench today
3Fabinho
7Milner
8Keita
12Gomez
13Adrián
15Oxlade-Chamberlain
27Origi

Man City bench today:
1Bravo
9Gabriel Jesus
22Mendy
26Mahrez
27Cancelo
30Otamendi
47Foden

But don’t let a good myth stop you....if only Levy had bought that lot. Fuck mine....

Out of 14 players I’d take Jesus
Do you people even know who plays for these teams? Or when you say “squad” you mean Salah and DeBruyne?

Hang on for a minute. I'm not going to argue with you over spurs as you have clearly made up your mind but you just massively under sold those players.

Let's break that down.

Fabhinio has been the best defensive midfielder in the country for the past 9 months or so. A position we desperately lack in.

Milner is the ultimate pro. They got him on a free on wages we could never compete against but here you have a guy who adds experience and performs really well in numerous positions. I bet there isn't a professional manager around who wouldn't have him.

Keita was a huge huy. I cant pretend to know much about him and his time at liverpool has been blighted by injuries but he was clearly really really highly rated before.

Gomez is arguably the best young centre back in the country. Were losing our top best knes this summer and you wouldn't want a youngster in that same position with so much potential ?

Adrian was a backup signing. It's not worth a debate either way.

Oxlade-Chamberlain is scum so obviously no but his a top player .

Origi is a back up striker to the best front three in the world. I wouldn't want him but his proven to be more than ok coming off the bench as we have seen first hand.

Bravo has had a mare but he was a top keeper at Barca. It's not like Pep was lumbered with him.

Jesus I agree.

Mendy is injury ravaged but when he plays his a top player. I wouldn't want him due to his fitness but when fit his better than both our left backs.

You wouldn't want Mahrez? His superb and a brilliant player who can change a game, isn't that what you want on the bench?

Cancelo is a superb player who can play on either flank. We can only dream of having a full back that good.

Otamendi is shit. No arguments but he was a huge signing , just a poor decision from whoever the manager was at the time.

Phil foden is possibly the most talented Englishman since Gazza and you wouldn't want Him?

Look i get you hate Poch but both those benches are superb and any manager would beg for 90% of those players. If were comparing I'd say.

Fabhinio >winks
Milner >Dier
Keita like N'dombele is untested but I want ours because I'm biased.
Gomez >Foyth
Lucas>ox
Origi no because I want parrot to get games.

Gazziniga >bravo
Jesus>Lucas
Mendy>rose
Mahrez>Lucas, eriksen
Cancelo>any full back we have
Otamendi can do one.
Foden>dele,eriksen, Lucas.

We have a great squad and yes its massively underperforming but those players would improve us hugely.

Hang on for a minute. I'm not going to argue with you over spurs as you have clearly made up your mind but you just massively under sold those players.

Let's break that down.

Fabhinio has been the best defensive midfielder in the country for the past 9 months or so. A position we desperately lack in.

Milner is the ultimate pro. They got him on a free on wages we could never compete against but here you have a guy who adds experience and performs really well in numerous positions. I bet there isn't a professional manager around who wouldn't have him.

Keita was a huge huy. I cant pretend to know much about him and his time at liverpool has been blighted by injuries but he was clearly really really highly rated before.

Gomez is arguably the best young centre back in the country. Were losing our top best knes this summer and you wouldn't want a youngster in that same position with so much potential ?

Adrian was a backup signing. It's not worth a debate either way.

Oxlade-Chamberlain is scum so obviously no but his a top player .

Origi is a back up striker to the best front three in the world. I wouldn't want him but his proven to be more than ok coming off the bench as we have seen first hand.

Bravo has had a mare but he was a top keeper at Barca. It's not like Pep was lumbered with him.

Jesus I agree.

Mendy is injury ravaged but when he plays his a top player. I wouldn't want him due to his fitness but when fit his better than both our left backs.

You wouldn't want Mahrez? His superb and a brilliant player who can change a game, isn't that what you want on the bench?

Cancelo is a superb player who can play on either flank. We can only dream of having a full back that good.

Otamendi is shit. No arguments but he was a huge signing , just a poor decision from whoever the manager was at the time.

Phil foden is possibly the most talented Englishman since Gazza and you wouldn't want Him?

Look i get you hate Poch but both those benches are superb and any manager would beg for 90% of those players. If were comparing I'd say.

Fabhinio >winks
Milner >Dier
Keita like N'dombele is untested but I want ours because I'm biased.
Gomez >Foyth
Lucas>ox
Origi no because I want parrot to get games.

Gazziniga >bravo
Jesus>Lucas
Mendy>rose
Mahrez>Lucas, eriksen
Cancelo>any full back we have
Otamendi can do one.
Foden>dele,eriksen, Lucas.

We have a great squad and yes its massively underperforming but those players would improve us hugely.

So as expected I could name any player on any bench in the PL and they’ll all be 1000 times better than what we have.

This is actually the ramblings of a crack addict

Goodbye

He hasn't proved it yet because he hasn't been given the chance.

The boy is ridiculously talented. He will be the star of England's team for the next decade.
Hes played about half an hour of prem football and you're calling him the most talented English player around lol
Wise up ffs

LOL?

Coming from someone who reckons Phil Foden is better than:

Shearer
Sheringham
Andy Cole
Ledley King
Vardy
Owen
Beckham
Gerrard
Lampard
Joe Cole
Kane
Maddison
Rooney
Sancho
Tammy Abraham
Hudson Odoi
Alexander Arnold
Henderson
Milner
Sterling
Ian Wright
Fowler
Gary Neville
Les Ferdinand
Mcmanaman
Rio Ferdinand
John Terry
Ashley Cole
Sol Campbell
Paul Scholes
Nicky Butt
Carragher
Alan Smith
Danny Murphy
Sean Wright Phillips
Carrick
Jermain Defoe
Owen Hargreaves
Ashley Young
Woodgate
Walker
Rose
Lennon
Loftus Cheek
Rashford
A peak Dele

Shall I continue?
Because I can...

I think he has made 4 or 5 decisions or lack of decisions that show him up as a lesser manager than many thought.

His survival as manager is completely and a very distant second to us showing strong and consistent signs of improvememt.

EJ7aIm7WkAAoN86

Back
Top Bottom