Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Why do the press keep hiring these fucking brain dead, irrelevant, past it, uninformed, zero point of reference other than the fact that they also where paid kick a ball about, ex dipper cunts to pass comment.

Stephen Warnock gave his thoughts on Mauricio Pochettino’s sacking on Wednesday evening. And the fun started with a simple question as to whether he felt his demise was justified:

“For me, yes, because he’s won nothing.”
He’s basically a sh*t Juande Ramos.

“He hasn’t progressed the club.”
He took a side managed by Tim Sherwood, captained by Michael Dawson and sixth behind Everton to their four best Premier League seasons ever based on points and a literal, actual Champions League final, on the back of making no signings whatsoever for 18 months.

It went wrong. They are 14th. There was justification for his sacking. But “he hasn’t progressed the club” is, frankly, b*llocks.

“People might be surprised at that but when you compare him to other people, I compare him to Klopp and to Guardiola when he comes in – they’re the two mainstays in the Premier League at the moment, they’re the two that everyone idolises, looks at, wants to progress, wants to try and emulate and be like.”
Well he finished above Klopp in three of the four full Premier League seasons they managed against one another, and above Guardiola in one of three. And both speak incredibly highly of him and the work he did at Tottenham. He matched them, if not bettered them at times, for long enough on a much smaller budget, never mind failing to “emulate” them.

Also, if Moussa Sissoko’s armpit hadn’t got in the way in the first minute of the Champions League final, would we be suggesting months later that Klopp “hadn’t progressed the club because he’s won nothing”?

“Then I look at the buys that he’s made. I don’t think he’s bought well.”
Absolutely. Just look at the period between January 2018 and June 2019, for example. It’s as if he signed no-one. And that it’s definitely not him making or even dictating the signings.

“For me, the club’s declined – not…sorry, not the club, the team has got worse than what it was when he first joined in the first couple of years.”
Now, if you’re stating that the club has declined from the standard of his “first couple of years”, that’s fair enough. But then you have to take into account that he took them to that standard himself. So he clearly did progress them.

But if you’re saying the club has declined from when he first joined, that is just demonstrably untrue. They went from last-16 Europa League exit to close Champions League final in half a decade. Tim Sherwood might not have managed that.

They would honestly do better asking the old boy in the pub who calls him "Pocketinio".

Leave old Bob out of this, he used to play you know...

In the 1930s!

Just boggles my mind (considering how much the game has changed in the last couple of decades let alone in the last five years from a tactical point of view) that they are still employing pundits who played their football when you could still pass back to the keeper.

That in it self isn't a problem, this isn't an "ageist" thing - but it's relics like Souness, who show no willingness at all to consider that how they did things in their day may not be as relevant anymore, that piss me off.

Last edited:
Really poor having to leave a message on the fucking whiteboard, makes the club look like cunts tbh.

Agreed, there absolutely should have been "farewell" moment.
Though right on that time, it was most likely difficult to arrange - players were in international duty back then. Ofc it might happen at some point down the road.

At the same time, the WAY this picture got out makes me doubt the motives of poster hugely as well.
If any of our players would have posted this, it would have been sincere reaction. Kind of replying to this "thank you".

But when Perez himself uploaded it... come on, it was done elaborately for showing them as victims. "Here, world, look how bad they were against us! We could not even say goodbye properly. We were treated so bad and dishonestly. What a sad situation!"

I don't see once more how clubs interest was set before their owns.

Always feel a bit strange with these fan goodbyes to be honest, unless it's for retirements it just doesn't feel right...I saw when Ajax brought Eriksen back for a farewell after he had signed for us...just looked weird....

Really poor having to leave a message on the fucking whiteboard, makes the club look like cunts tbh.

His choice .... the club didn't march him out, in fact both the Club and Jose have said he's welcome back at any time. He decided to leave a note, did he forget how a telephone works?

It's a classic indictment of his weak management ... at the end he was so obviously unable to handle some of the players he even avoided speaking his goodbyes.

That's all on Pochettino it's not on our club ... he got the sack it happens, up to him how he says his goodbyes, a childish note on a wipe-board who's the cunt?

His choice .... the club didn't march him out, in fact both the Club and Jose have said he's welcome back at any time. He decided to leave a note, did he forget how a telephone works?

It's a classic indictment of his weak management ... at the end he was so obviously unable to handle some of the players he even avoided speaking his goodbyes.

That's all on Pochettino it's not on our club.

With all due respect...

:dembelefingers:

You must stamp on kittens and throw puppies against a brick wall when you're bored.

Heartless stuff man, heartless.

That's all on Pochettino it's not on our club ... he got the sack it happens, up to him how he says his goodbyes, a childish note on a wipe-board who's the cunt?
This is all guesswork on your part.
Stick to Wikipedia. When you type your own thoughts it's invariably rubbish.

With all due respect...
You must stamp on kittens and throw puppies against a brick wall when you're bored.
Heartless stuff man, heartless.

You fuck up your job and get the sack ... go with dignity not a childish swipe ... "we can't to say goodbye" I call bullshit and in fact all a bit pathetic. Tells you a lot about where it all ended up ....

Don't get so attached to an 8m a year mercenary, remember Poch was the one toying with Utd and RM he's just won himself a 20m payout by failing, just like Jose will do what's best for him, so did Poch ... he fucked it up (maybe on purpose?) so he should leave like a man, not some whining schoolboy.

You fuck up your job and get the sack ... go with dignity not a childish swipe ... "we can't to say goodbye" I call bullshit and in fact all a bit pathetic. Tells you a lot about where it all ended up ....
I agree with you. Extremely cynical/mawkish/calculated. From a guy who spent the last number of months being distant towards the players and sulking in his office.

Sorry, but this is a load of complete shite.

He couldn't talk to them before leaving because he could of tried to turn their heads or get them to leave the team.

Every club does it that way.
All he had to do was fucking pick up the phone or WhatsApp them. It was good enough to organise a dinner party, wasn't it? They were tired of looking at him and he has been basically sabotaging us all season to force his way out with a golden handshake. He wants to be at a club that will give him £80m for the likes of Zaha. He felt he had earned the right to be a chequebook manager.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom