Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Nice to see us all reacting so positively to the press saying Poch is signing a new contract. Positive news so must be gospel.

Strange that when the same press say he might be leaving that it’s utter bullshit and the press never get anything right.

We all believe what we want to believe. Doesn’t make anything the press say any more true.
I think cunts call this confirmation bias

Not a victim at all, I find such behaviour highly amusing.

......Bawwwwwwshit!

You know what's "amusing", a bloke like you who repeatedly insists he doesn't 'do' conspiracies, accusing me of being 'in league' with others just cos i find him objectionable; the same guy that often whinges that he's being 'shut down'.

I don't like the way it decimates the busier threads but i think ill give the ignore function another crack. Reading your dirge is a complete waste of time... Responding to you even more so.

......Bawwwwwwshit!

You know what's "amusing", a bloke like you who repeatedly insists he doesn't 'do' conspiracies, accusing me of being 'in league' with others just cos i find him objectionable; the same guy that often whinges that he's being 'shut down'.

I don't like the way it decimates the busier threads but i think ill give the ignore function another crack. Reading your dirge is a complete waste of time... Responding to you even more so.

duance-dance.gif

Liverpool have lost the grand total of 2 more player than us and? What happens to argument when Alderweild and Rose leave this summer?

And I’m sorry you just exaggerate to the extreme. It’s every game? There are thousands of suporters being duped by this, EVERY Spurs supporter knows this. It is just ridiculous.

So let’s break this down, what about this ‘narrative’ do you constest. Do you believe that are immune from the elite clubs? Do you believe that are an operate a tier 1 payrol? Anyone with any semblance of footballing knowledge knows it that it is difficult for us to retain our best players, that we will be vulnerable to this. I take the issue is not this but the fact that it is being referenced, the truth is you don’t want to hear what is true.

As for Klopp well he has been linked, if you weren’t looking for things to be offended about with us you would have noticed that. He was strongly linked with Bayern and Real. Why would Poch being linked with PSG, Madrid, Barca and Bayern make him an elite manager? Is Thomas Tuchel such a manager? Or Unai Emery or Zidane or Varande or Niko Kovaic?
Fucking Hell!! No I don't not believe we can compete with "tier 1 payrol" I have stated this in my previous post, I clicked "agree" in a post of yours to JT stating this when you said it's all about wages, for the love of God please have at least the decency to read what I fucking write. Unless you are finding it extremely hard to concentrate, if you are I'll clarify yet agin:
1. We are not a "tier 1" club, assuming this term of yours is applied to PSG, City, Utd. Barca, Bayern and Real Madrid. We are MILES behind these clubs, they are intact pulling away from us despite us pulling in massive amounts of new revenue. THEY OPERATE ON A DIFFERENT STRATOSPHERE. This is clear? Has this sunk in?
a) We have been miles behind the 2nd tier clubs Woolwich, Juventus, Dortmund, Atletico, Liverpool, Chelsea (I'm putting Chelsea in this bracket as their model is self sufficient over the past few years but if you wanted to stick them in Tier 1, fine mere semantics, ain't going to argue.

Since our CL run we have closed the gap on these clubs quite dramatically, having overtaken Dortmund and possibly Juve (although with them knocking us out we'll probably be level, within a £5m +/- give or take IMO). There is a double whammy as Chelsea & Woolwich both lose out on the CL money while we pick it up, this could also see it nip and tuck on the revenue score, possibility Chelsea still out front as they have just announced a new Sponsorship deal last week that was massive.

Now is that fucking clear? I do not wish to type that yet again.

Liverpool: Of course it matters that they have lost more players than us, it proves the point. They lose more players to us (they have exactly the same issue as us, keeping hold of players that can earn more elsewhere ergo the tier 1 clubs you speak of). Yet despite this Liverpool do NOT have the narrative surrounding them literally every single time their club is discussed, the only time it's spoken about is when it concerned the player involved. We have lost ONE player, yet it is us that are spoken about constantly, so yeah it matter, it is the actual point I'm making and proving.

Show me the links that Klopp was linked to Madrid, haven't seen any. Show me the links that he was linked to Bayern haven't seen any if you are referencing what his agent said a couple of months ago then fucking LOL, he was linked to them before he took the Liverpool job though. His agent had spoken in the press about the soon to be vacant job, he dismissed it out of hand but did as any good agent would do make it clear that he could manager there in the future "why not"? If you have anything of concrete, like those that surround Poch then please link them. So given this you haven't answered, in fact you have completely dodged the question posed to you about Klopp not being linked whilst Poch has, I very common practice of yours which is again duly noted.

Not at all predictable.. I really haven’t got a clue what your next response will be, a man of mystery if you will.

In case the drink and drugs takes completely over, let me help you - you first have to disagree with what I’m saying by pressing your disagree button, then you have to post Fuck you cunt.. if that proves to be a problem, copy and pas, oh never mind that’s a bit too much for you.
Are you getting any pleasure out of this? If you find what I post not to your taste, that’s fine. If you disagree, that’s fine. I’m not forcing you to engage with me.
I just don’t understand what the upside for you is here.
Tell you what, I’ll step away and leave you to it. Enjoy.

Fucking Hell!! No I don't not believe we can compete with "tier 1 payrol" I have stated this in my previous post, I clicked "agree" in a post of yours to JT stating this when you said it's all about wages, for the love of God please have at least the decency to read what I fucking write. Unless you are finding it extremely hard to concentrate, if you are I'll clarify yet agin:
1. We are not a "tier 1" club, assuming this term of yours is applied to PSG, City, Utd. Barca, Bayern and Real Madrid. We are MILES behind these clubs, they are intact pulling away from us despite us pulling in massive amounts of new revenue. THEY OPERATE ON A DIFFERENT STRATOSPHERE. This is clear? Has this sunk in?
a) We have been miles behind the 2nd tier clubs Woolwich, Juventus, Dortmund, Atletico, Liverpool, Chelsea (I'm putting Chelsea in this bracket as their model is self sufficient over the past few years but if you wanted to stick them in Tier 1, fine mere semantics, ain't going to argue.

Since our CL run we have closed the gap on these clubs quite dramatically, having overtaken Dortmund and possibly Juve (although with them knocking us out we'll probably be level, within a £5m +/- give or take IMO). There is a double whammy as Chelsea & Woolwich both lose out on the CL money while we pick it up, this could also see it nip and tuck on the revenue score, possibility Chelsea still out front as they have just announced a new Sponsorship deal last week that was massive.

Now is that fucking clear? I do not wish to type that yet again.

Liverpool: Of course it matters that they have lost more players than us, it proves the point. They lose more players to us (they have exactly the same issue as us, keeping hold of players that can earn more elsewhere ergo the tier 1 clubs you speak of). Yet despite this Liverpool do NOT have the narrative surrounding them literally every single time their club is discussed, the only time it's spoken about is when it concerned the player involved. We have lost ONE player, yet it is us that are spoken about constantly, so yeah it matter, it is the actual point I'm making and proving.

Show me the links that Klopp was linked to Madrid, haven't seen any. Show me the links that he was linked to Bayern haven't seen any if you are referencing what his agent said a couple of months ago then fucking LOL, he was linked to them before he took the Liverpool job though. His agent had spoken in the press about the soon to be vacant job, he dismissed it out of hand but did as any good agent would do make it clear that he could manager there in the future "why not"? If you have anything of concrete, like those that surround Poch then please link them. So given this you haven't answered, in fact you have completely dodged the question posed to you about Klopp not being linked whilst Poch has, I very common practice of yours which is again duly noted.

Oh look look what is this
Jurgen Klopp 'among candidates to be Bayern Munich boss' | Daily Mail Online

Jurgen Klopp new frontrunner for Bayern Munich job — with Joachim Low ruled out and reservations over Thomas Tuchel

Oh look what is that

Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp ‘tells agent to notify Real Madrid of his availability’

Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp a Real Madrid target if La Liga giants axe Zinedine Zidane

It’s really tough when you can’t be bothered to look for something that doesn’t fit your argument isn’t it? As you said his agent also referenced this Klopp himself said it would have been complicated. Hasn’t it dawned on you that there must have been media links for his agent and him to talk about it?

You keep on with this supposed dodge tactic which I never do because quite simply I don’t need to, this all very easy for me. Again Liverpool don’t get this ‘narrative’ now simply because they don’t have the players that attract the likes of Barca or Real whereas we do. The only player who would interest them is Salah and neither club is going to pay such a premium on the back of one season. Again you are being highly selective because Countinho to Barca was continually referenced by the media and commentators from August to January.

And as I stated before you if are able to understand our postion then you are able to understand why our best players will be linked with moves away. That’s inevitable but in such circumstances what you don’t do is engage in some weird paranoid argument about how the media is targeting us and turning ‘thousands’ of supporters against the board or how other clubs are getting preferential treatment to us. Just be honest here you don’t want to hear such stories because you don’t like them. That’s the real issue here.

Last edited:
With Chelsea veering to self sufficiency, Pochettino could actually be an ideal fit for them.
Bring through thier youth players, which there are many good ones.
There are also a few first teamers there he’d have no trouble getting to work.
It’s logical to think he could do as well (or better) for them as he has done for us ...with a £40m net spend since 14/15.

Hence a press story.

Rose will stay.
Unless he has a massive World Cup and someone makes him an offer.
Interest has cooled a bit.

As for Alderweireld
That clause is a strange one.
He holds all the cards.
I think the highest paid CBS in PL get £120k

I don’t think any Man U defenders are in the top 10 highest paid in PL.
£150k would make him the highest paid defender in PL
If he doesn’t take £110k over 4 years, where he will be 33 going on 34, plus bonuses etc,, then he doesn’t want to stay.
So sell him for bundles and move on.

Oh look look what is this
Jurgen Klopp 'among candidates to be Bayern Munich boss' | Daily Mail Online

Jurgen Klopp new frontrunner for Bayern Munich job — with Joachim Low ruled out and reservations over Thomas Tuchel

Oh look what is that

Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp ‘tells agent to notify Real Madrid of his availability’

Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp a Real Madrid target if La Liga giants axe Zinedine Zidane

It’s really tough when you can’t be bothered to look for something that doesn’t fit your argument isn’t it? As you said his agent also referenced this Klopp himself said it would have been complicated. Hasn’t it dawned on you that if the

You keep on with this supposed dodge tactic which I never do because quite simply I don’t need to, this all very easy for me. Again Liverpool don’t get this ‘narrative’ now simply because they don’t have the players that attract the likes of Barca or Real whereas we do. The only player who would interest them is Salah and neither club is going to pay such a premium on the back of one season. Again you are being highly selective because Countinho to Barca was continually referenced by the media and commentators from August to January.

And as I stated before you if are able to understand our postion then you are able to understand why our best players will be linked with moves away. That’s inevitable but in such circumstances what you don’t do is engage in some weird paranoid argument about how the media is targeting us and turning ‘thousands’ of supporters against the board or how other clubs are getting preferential treatment to us. Just be honest here you don’t want to hear such stories because you don’t like them. That’s the real issue here.
Thanks for posting, as I said I hadn't heard of any links, the actual reason why I asked for them. Nothing to do with not being bothered or fitting an agenda, I hadn't heard of a single link, it's as simple as that.

Although this is just Real Madrid and over a time span of more than 2yrs, Poch has been linked to PSG, Bayern, Madrid, Utd and Chelsea (can't recall if the Barca links were also in this time frame or not) in the same time frame. So clearly he's nowhere as sort after given the links you have provided. Which again is what it's about, with us and Poch it is a constant narrative.

With Liverpool and Klopp it is not a constant. It should be constant because they have lost considerably more players as a result of not being able to compete with tire 1 clubs. Kane, Lloris, Eriksen, Dele, Rose, Walker (before he even left), Toby Son & Lamela all have been linked away constantly for many years but they are still here. Yet there is no narrative with Liverpool and there is one with us.

Got a feeling this is going to get very boring, just clear this up. Are you saying Spurs don't have a narrative surrounding it regarding players and managers being linked away from the club continually and consistently for a period of years (since Poch has been our manager)?

What I am saying is that any club of our standing from Dortmund, A. Madrid to Liverpool will have such press. It’s inevitable due to our capacity but what’s key here is that it doesn’t mean anything. I couldn’t give a flying fuck what the press say it really isn’t that important.

Last edited:
What I am saying is that any club of our standing from Dortmund, A. Madrid to Liverpoo will have such press. It’s inevitable due to our capacity but what’s key here is that it doesn’t mean anything. I couldn’t give a flying fuck what the press say it really isn’t that important.
Fucking hell, I don't care if YOU don't care. I'm not nor have I been talking about YOU and YOUR opinions. I'm talking about vast swaths of our support who are clearly influenced by the press (it may be a surprise to you that the media have huge influence). This is what it's about, not YOU. I don't wake up in the morning and think what are you up to and what thoughts you hold, I can honestly say I never given it a nano-second of my time.

Yes, we will have players linked away, this is normal, hell we will lose a player to a top tier side, this too is normal, we aren't a tier 1 club. But it's ALL they talk about, every single time the topic is Spurs, after EVERY single game, it's a Spurs narrative. (Liverpool's narrative is they can't defend, Utd's narrative is they are boring, Woolwich narrative has been Wenger and this season Chelsea's narrative has been Conte). The incessant narrative of Tottenham is players leaving, this doesn't happen to any other club, the Liverpool example is prime as they are similarities of what tier we are in and them actually failing to keep hold of their players where we have been able to keep hold of ours. Other clubs have their players linked in a "normal" way, like Hazard to Real Madrid but it's not mentioned constantly, Utd have had de Gea mentioned etc all of this is "normal" and not daily because it's not a narrative.

Fucking hell, I don't care if YOU don't care. I'm not nor have I been talking about YOU and YOUR opinions. I'm talking about vast swaths of our support who are clearly influenced by the press (it may be a surprise to you that the media have huge influence). This is what it's about, not YOU. I don't wake up in the morning and think what are you up to and what thoughts you hold, I can honestly say I never given it a nano-second of my time.

Yes, we will have players linked away, this is normal, hell we will lose a player to a top tier side, this too is normal, we aren't a tier 1 club. But it's ALL they talk about, every single time the topic is Spurs, after EVERY single game, it's a Spurs narrative. (Liverpool's narrative is they can't defend, Utd's narrative is they are boring, Woolwich narrative has been Wenger and this season Chelsea's narrative has been Conte). The incessant narrative of Tottenham is players leaving, this doesn't happen to any other club, the Liverpool example is prime as they are similarities of what tier we are in and them actually failing to keep hold of their players where we have been able to keep hold of ours. Other clubs have their players linked in a "normal" way, like Hazard to Real Madrid but it's not mentioned constantly, Utd have had de Gea mentioned etc all of this is "normal" and not daily because it's not a narrative.

And back to this again, it you want to believe it happens every game that our supporters are mindless automatons and there is a movement against the board because of this then so be it. It’s just all very silly really and bit paranoid. I suspect the rantionale for this is when Kane does leave the blame will be placed on the media for unsettling the player.

And back to this again, it you want to believe it happens every game that our supporters are mindless automatons and there is a movement against the board because of this then so be it. It’s just all very silly really and bit paranoid. I suspect the rantionale for this is when Kane does leave the blame will be placed on the media for unsettling the player.
The strawman builder still builds but his strawmen are weaker and weaker at each attempt. Nunnite. Fundamental thing here and what is a complete waste of time going any further is you fail to admit that the narrative exists, which is literally unbelievable whether anyone thinks it's bollocks, truth or somewhere in-between.

What will all the poor pundits and so called experts have to talk about now??? I guess we’ll have to listen to the “ he hasn’t won trophies “ bullshit again.

Hah. This would be the media circus' nightmare. Especially if it got done in the next few days and they weren't able to speculate on the Real Madrid job if they fuck up in the final on Saturday.

Should Poch sign on the dotted line, it actually gives a good indication that we're about to invest heavily. They can't get away with 'will Poch walk?' headlines any time a transfer negotiation drags out, too. Definitely the best order to be doing things.

"Whether I like it or not", fella I'm fully aware of our standing, fully accept this and have never melted once about it. I'm not making any stance against this, there is a pyramid that exists and we are a long, long, long way from the top of it. We have though started to climb it and that is set to continue, although there will be a ceiling that will be hard to push through given how the top tier clubs are effectively protected especially when in CL. But significantly being in CL whilst two PL rivals aren't is significant to getting close to their revenues, this is significant in competing against them, which we haven't been previously able to do.

What I am saying is that the media narrative doesn't support the column inches it has been given. It is a daily narrative, every single time Tottenham is mentioned it is discussed. This narrative supports the notion that every single year we sell our best players, yet the reality is very different to this, having actually only lost ONE. This narrative doesn't exist around Liverpool, why? Yet you correctly identify three of their best players that they couldn't keep hold of. This is PRECISELY what I a referring to when I speak of narrative. It doesn't change the fact that we can't pay the wages of Utd. City, Barca, PSG this remains unchanged, so there will be links to players but seriously when I watch a Liverpool game on the TV the pundits barely mention Liverpool holding onto their players, where with us it is the only thing that is discussed to the point of ad nauseum. There is a difference in narrative, this is as clear as day. (Both teams are susceptible to losing players given the pyramid, this isn't changed).

I take it you don't spend time on Twitter, or go to Pubs on match days? Because if you did you will see that despite the backing fans have towards Poch, the narrative of speech between Spurs fans is about keeping players and "backing Poch" and yes I'm making a direct link towards the daily narrative on our club. By contracts Liverpool fans think they are going to win the World Cup, indulge my exaggeration with that last comment but suffice to say there is a totally different vibe around the two clubs and that is IMO as a direct result of the media narrative.

Odd you lump us in with Everton.
Did someone bet you that you couldn't say "narrative" 20 times in one post?
The impact of that post would have been much greater if you hadn't been obsessed with it.
Or your subsequent posts.
That aside, put the guy on ignore, when you have to type war and peace every time then you are dealing with the hard of thinking.
:):):)

Back
Top Bottom