Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Nice to see us all reacting so positively to the press saying Poch is signing a new contract. Positive news so must be gospel.

Strange that when the same press say he might be leaving that it’s utter bullshit and the press never get anything right.

We all believe what we want to believe. Doesn’t make anything the press say any more true.

Is it really or are you just being highly selective here? We have had countless positive press since the Poch arrived at the club, I can’t recall a single manager who has received such media support and yet at the first sign of any perceived criticism ( trophies) this is an example of the agenda against the club. It is all a bit paranoid.

As for Liverpool have you ever thought that the reason why pundits never mentioned any of their players departing is due to the likes of Real and Barca not wanting them? The difference is that Kane and Eriksen would walk into Real and Barca’s side whereas the likes of Mane and Firmino would not. Salah would be but only has one season behind which is why none of the elite sides are even being linked with them. Player wise we have a far superior team to theirs- they simply have a better manager than us. That is the difference.

With regards to Twitter and our live supporters well I have been to most games this season and I can’t see say I have experienced any of that. As for Twitter why would the reflection be any different to the forums? Again if you point me to this large sections of the supporter base engaging in this please do. As Everton well it is not strange, they are a club of historical standing to us and one that faces the same challenges as us.

The simply reality is that virtually all supporters believe the media have it in for them- any semblance of criticism is always seen as such. In reality they really don’t care about us that much because in grand scheme of things we are really not that important. It really isn’t something to get worked up by.
We have had LOADS of positive press, in particular Poch. This ISN'T about positive press verses negative press, it's about the narrative of us selling our players. Don't confuse the two, the two aren't mutually exclusive, one can exist without the other. It is constant, it is mentioned EVERY time we play, or EVERY time we are the topic, the main media channels have even dedicated feature programmes on then topic. With Liverpool this is NOT the case, despite the fact they have lost more players than us, ergo the narrative should be best associated with them. They don't have this narrative we do. Are you seriously suggesting this is not the case?

And please don't derail this as a topic about managers, you've clogged up the airwaves with that for fucking months on end fella, it's boring and you've been challenged on it multiple times too. So I will not bite. Let's keep to the topic for a change?

If you think Everton are 2nd tier football club then fuck me who have you been watching for the last 5 years?

And please don't derail this as a topic about managers, you've clogged up the airwaves with that for fucking months on end fella, it's boring and you've been challenged on it multiple times too. So I will not bite. Let's keep to the topic for a change?
Um..Not going to get involved in your 2way squabble. But this is the Pochettino thread. Who is still our manager. Which thread should we go to, to talk about managers, please?

Last edited:
We have had LOADS of positive press, in particular Poch. This ISN'T about positive press verses negative press, it's about the narrative of us selling our players. Don't confuse the two, the two aren't mutually exclusive, one can exist without the other. It is constant, it is mentioned EVERY time we play, or EVERY time we are the topic, the main media channels have even dedicated feature programmes on then topic. With Liverpool this is NOT the case, despite the fact they have lost more players than us, ergo the narrative should be best associated with them. They don't have this narrative we do. Are you seriously suggesting this is not the case?

If you think Everton are 2nd tier football club then fuck me who have you been watching for the last 5 years?

Is it really every time we play? And let’s say it was, and? So what? The board and manger are supportered by the overwhelming majority ofthe supporter base so it’s clearly not having an effect is it? You are coming across like a footballing Mary Whitehouse.

Again which players from Liverpool would any of the elite clubs want? There is only Salah and no club would pay the premium on the back of one season. So i really cannot fathom why such a question would be asked. You can choose to ignore the manager debate all you want but the truth is that they actually have a fairly mediocre side and are primarily in that position because of Klopp

As for Everton, where did I say that they are a tier 2 side? I said the situation was comparable because they were a non elite side having to contend with elite sides converting their players.

Nice to see us all reacting so positively to the press saying Poch is signing a new contract. Positive news so must be gospel.

Strange that when the same press say he might be leaving that it’s utter bullshit and the press never get anything right.

We all believe what we want to believe. Doesn’t make anything the press say any more true.

There’s a big difference.. When the press talk about him “leaving” it’s usually followed by “ if he wants to win things” ie it’s an opinion.
This statement is not an opinion but a report on recent contract meeting.

There’s a big difference.. When the press talk about him “leaving” it’s usually followed by “ if he wants to win things” ie it’s an opinion.
This statement is not an opinion but a report on recent contract meeting.
If you think there’s a difference, that’s great. I don’t.

I’m not remotely convinced The Times or The Telegraph have the inside scoop on a meeting between Poch and Levy. I’d be more likely to believe this is pure conjecture like almost everything else the press “report”. Just interesting to see fan reactions to each type of story. Like the transfer story that says we are selling a player is crap, but the one saying we are signing a player is great news.

I take it when you see a post you like you then also proceed to spam all of their other posts with likes as well.

Take what you want from it. I have minimal fucks to give.

You are in good company who those on here who also do this- Arcespace, Cretinousgoat and Joe Clash, the absolute creme dele creme of the forum.

Awwwww... Always the victim eh, Hoody.

Still, always a vacancy for your ilk on RAWK.

If you think there’s a difference, that’s great. I don’t.

I’m not remotely convinced The Times or The Telegraph have the inside scoop on a meeting between Poch and Levy. I’d be more likely to believe this is pure conjecture like almost everything else the press “report”. Just interesting to see fan reactions to each type of story. Like the transfer story that says we are selling a player is crap, but the one saying we are signing a player is great news.

This is a forum, we discuss news, positive or negative or even rumours.. that’s how it works.

Would be a very quiet place if we only discussed transfers once they happened.. we’d have maybe 2or 3topics a year to discuss.

I take it when you see a post you like you then also proceed to spam all of their other posts with likes as well. You are in good company who those on here who also do this- Arcespace, Cretinousgoat and Joe Clash, the absolute creme dele creme of the forum.
Outrageous. I haven’t liked any of your posts. You’re a negative bore. Please retract.

Is it really every time we play? And let’s say it was, and? So what? The board and manger are supportered by the overwhelming majority ofthe supporter base so it’s clearly not having an effect is it? You are coming across like a footballing Mary Whitehouse.

Again which players from Liverpool would any of the elite clubs want? There is only Salah and no club would pay the premium on the back of one season. So i really cannot fathom why such a question would be asked. You can choose to ignore the manager debate all you want but the truth is that they actually have a fairly mediocre side and are primarily in that position because of Klopp

As for Everton, where did I say that they are a tier 2 side? I said the situation was comparable because they were a non elite side having to contend with elite sides converting their players.
Liverpool have LOST MORE players than us, that's why, you even said it as well, you listed their fucking names.

And yes, it's every single time we play, win lose or draw the topic is the same, it's about our players, this is in the print media, TV and Radio, I know you know this, EVERY Spurs fan knows this. There are page after page, post after post in this very forum linking cases of it, some supporters laughing at it, some angered by it. It's not bias, it's not the media "trying to sell our players" it's not a witch hunt, it's a NARRATIVE and it has been constant for 4yrs.

Given your logic and Klopps brilliance of a manger, why hasn't Klopp been linked away from Liverpool, whilst Poch has constantly been linked away to numerous Clubs, nearly all of the "top tier" ones to be precise (PSG, Madrid, Barca, Utd. & Chelsea)? Odd don't you think? Does this mean you are wrong about Poch? Or does it mean you are wrong about the narrative existing, you can't have both, that would be fucking mental right!

Liverpool have LOST MORE players than us, that's why, you even said it as well, you listed their fucking names.

And yes, it's every single time we play, win lose or draw the topic is the same, it's about our players, this is in the print media, TV and Radio, I know you know this, EVERY Spurs fan knows this. There are page after page, post after post in this very forum linking cases of it, some supporters laughing at it, some angered by it. It's not bias, it's not the media "trying to sell our players" it's not a witch hunt, it's a NARRATIVE and it has been constant for 4yrs.

Given your logic and Klopps brilliance of a manger, why hasn't Klopp been linked away from Liverpool, whilst Poch has constantly been linked away to numerous Clubs, nearly all of the "top tier" ones to be precise (PSG, Madrid, Barca, Utd. & Chelsea)? Odd don't you think? Does this mean you are wrong about Poch? Or does it mean you are wrong about the narrative existing, you can't have both, that would be fucking mental right!

Liverpool have lost the grand total of 2 more player than us and? What happens to argument when Alderweild and Rose leave this summer?

And I’m sorry you just exaggerate to the extreme. It’s every game? There are thousands of suporters being duped by this, EVERY Spurs supporter knows this. It is just ridiculous.

So let’s break this down, what about this ‘narrative’ do you constest. Do you believe that are immune from the elite clubs? Do you believe that are an operate a tier 1 payrol? Anyone with any semblance of footballing knowledge knows it that it is difficult for us to retain our best players, that we will be vulnerable to this. I take the issue is not this but the fact that it is being referenced, the truth is you don’t want to hear what is true.

As for Klopp well he has been linked, if you weren’t looking for things to be offended about with us you would have noticed that. He was strongly linked with Bayern and Real. Why would Poch being linked with PSG, Madrid, Barca and Bayern make him an elite manager? Is Thomas Tuchel such a manager? Or Unai Emery or Zidane or Varande or Niko Kovaic?

Back
Top Bottom