Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What PR bullshit? It's a fact, Cortese resigned because he didn't have the backing of the trust/board. Cortese's ambitions were to keep the players, he with Poch and the original owner, Marcus Liebher, were to build on the squad that they had assembled, their ambitions were to have Southampton challenge for the league. This required further investment something that Katrine Liebher wasn't going to do, in fact they sold all their players.
To answer your question i have no idea, do you? I do know that There was endless speculation of Poch leaving, I also know that Cortese made a public plea through the press urging Poch to stay at Southampton, maybe just maybe he stayed in answer to Cortese's plea and chose to steady the ship? Poch has only ever spoken of great affection towards Southampton since his departure, despite their fans booing him when we meet.

Still waiting for you to back up your claims.................
So - you don't know why he stayed on after Cortese left but want me to believe your 'claims' of loyalty. Righto..

To be honest - the above is immaterial - Poch will leave for a bigger club eventually - I see no shame in that. What's your problem anyway?

So - you don't know why he stayed on after Cortese left but want me to believe your 'claims' of loyalty. Righto..

To be honest - the above is immaterial - Poch will leave for a bigger club eventually - I see no shame in that. What's your problem anyway?
I have no problem at all. You claimed he wasn't loyal, I have shown you evidence that he is. You ignore evidence and still bang your drum without backing it up. It appears the problem is yours, no? As I said, provide me with evidence to back up your claim and I can review my stance. Still waiting......................

And yes of cause he will leave, all managers do. The average life span is less than 18 months I believe. This fact doesn't make him disloyal.

I have no problem at all. You claimed he wasn't loyal, I have shown you evidence that he is. You ignore evidence and still bang your drum without backing it up. It appears the problem is yours, no? As I said, provide me with evidence to back up your claim and I can review my stance. Still waiting......................

And yes of cause he will leave, all managers do. The average life span is less than 18 months I believe. This fact doesn't make him disloyal.
That is not evidence at all - to the contrary - one could argue he was even 'less loyal' for not walking out the day after Cortese left.

So ole red nose has recommended Poch and says he is the best manager in the EPL.. hmm you said that about Moyes you Dick so keep your trap shut no one cares what you think anymore.
This is getting blown out of proportion. There is zero evidence that Fergie has recommended Poch to Utd. All this has come from Fergie mentioning in passing 6 WEEKS AGO that he thought we had the best manager in the league.

The fact this happened 6 weeks ago and all this speculation has only just come out off the back of Lammy mentioning that on this weeks Spurs Show demonstrates that the media know fuck all.

This is getting blown out of proportion. There is zero evidence that Fergie has recommended Poch to Utd. All this has come from Fergie mentioning in passing 6 WEEKS AGO that he thought we had the best manager in the league.

The fact this happened 6 weeks ago and all this speculation has only just come out off the back of Lammy mentioning that on this weeks Spurs Show demonstrates that the media know fuck all.
He also said, after the first game his team played against Pochettino's Soton side, that they were the best team Man Utd had played that year.

Fergie's respect for Pochettino is not a new thing.

One more and then I'm done...

EEq1Gma.png

Starting lineup...
F03yPcN.png

tumblr_nb76vomE0c1r9x7ybo2_500.gif

How has no one cottoned on to the fact that this is just Lammy being a clever politician? He has jumped on to the biggest story in football and by doing so has his own name all over the place. It's a great bit of publicity for him, nothing more.

Back
Top Bottom