Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We have one of the biggest squads in the league, whether he uses the players or not. Stambouli has had 1 sub app and that's it. I think you're mistaking the fact that he exiles players/doesn't use them with us not having a big squad. I repeat, again, it's one of the biggest in the league. Just look at how many people we have on loan. Not sure why you keep repeating this, as if it's true. It's not.
The number, no, it's quite large. The number of competent players is not. I am equating the exiled players with having a small squad, because it's the resources he's able to work with. It's easy to say that he should use them anyway, but if we lose because they're unable to do anything with competence, who's the one getting the blame? Dembele for being unable to transition properly to attack? Adebayor for being unable to play as a striker anymore? Or Pochettino for not "going 4-4-2 with some pace on the wings"?

We have a 25 man squad, with at least 6 of them being unable to do the job required. Which means we're working with a 19-man squad, for all intents and purposes.

I think he should be using more of the development squad and bring them in. Perhaps he will, or perhaps he will prove to have a problem with rotation. We'll find out, and just have to hope.

I don't think we'll ever get anywhere with these manager debates.

If the manager plays the same team, he doesn't know how to rotate, or is too stubborn to do so. If the manager switches it up each week, or between Euro and domestic games, he's not fostering consistency or allowing the team to settle. No matter what the manager does, there will always be a group of fans who think he doing the wrong thing and every group will try to quantify their argument with stats such as home wins, possession percentages, PPG or failing that, old age + X number of years watching football = better than you.

Simple fact is, every opinion offered is from a clueless cunt who has exactly zero experience of top flight football (myself included), so next time anyone decides to go balls-in with a comment about what the manager should or shouldn't be doing, just remember...you're more than likely just as wrong as the person you're arguing with.

/thread
/forum
/internet

If anyone is watching Soton Man Utd thats basically exactly what he wants from this team. Except we cant do it - lack of passion possibly? Lack of ability possibly? Lack of pace / awareness - definitely. They also look like a team, and we dont. If we want the manager to succeed (and therefore the team) then he needs to be given the players to do it, if we havent got them.

MP not the man to maintain top four? Given that it would take a fair bit of luck for Spurs to maintain top four over a period of years, even with great squad (let alone the current cack), it is hardly a standard upon which to judge the manager, is it?

Kloppe or FDB ffs. Did anyone ever believe Van Gaal would have come to Spurs? He couldn't have got us out of the mire as he would not have been able to purchase Di Maria etc.
Simple fact is we have some mediocre players and they are all too similar. .
The ones that should go are Dembele, Townsend, Paulinho, Capoue, Vlad, Kaboul, BAE, Soldado, -even though I like him -and Adebayor.
I was thinking last night even something as drastic as dropping all the strikers so we can put some of the players where they can do damage. Could it do any worse? 5 league goals from 3 strikers is pants. Eriksen and Chadli have more.
a 433

...........................Bentaleb..........................
Eriksen ...........................................Mason

...........................Chadli............................
Lennon ....................................................Lamela

That way we can have some pace, power and strength going at the defence. Pamela has scored the majority of his goals pre season and EL on the left. He assists better from the left. Chadli can score has pace is 6'2" and can head. Would like to see him replicate that speedy dribbling and scoring at Twente directly at CB's. He would get more chances and can use his left too. Lennon has pace and will link up well with walker. Eriksen can supply from deep whilst Mason is the engine and Nabil patrolling.

Basically it's the players. Not all of them. They are all good in their own ways, but they are not a team. All too similar doing the same things and not complimenting each other consistently.

Last edited:
I dont get the Lennon thing, if the pressing thing is the way pochettino wants to go Lennon more than anyone has been showing a willingness to do just that.

Hahaha ArcspacE ArcspacE . Zenit knocked out of the Champs League at the group stages.

Care to spam us all with how "AVB will become a world class manager and he will show it by winning titles and performing in the champions League"?

They finished third. Europa league, you may get chance to watch him yet pal! Hope we play them.

Everyone gets bent over for liking/appreciating AVB as a manager but then people slate him so much its comical! Sounds so bitter, like when a girl rejects someone and they say she's jank or a cunt anyway because they've been turned down... (Never happened to me :eriksenlip::pochsulk::vdvcry::goonermong:)

AVB's over, like Harry it is a love hate relationship, personally I have nothing against any of our former managers even Timmy, they tried their best under difficult circumstances :levyeyes: and I hope they do ok in the future as long as they don't beat Spurs with their new teams I don't care too much. Being a football manager certainly at Spurs seems like a job for a masochist.

Surprised the Spurs job was not on the CIA list of approved interrogation methods.

Last edited:
Hahaha ArcspacE ArcspacE . Zenit knocked out of the Champs League at the group stages.

Care to spam us all with how "AVB will become a world class manager and he will show it by winning titles and performing in the champions League"?

They finished third. Europa league, you may get chance to watch him yet pal! Hope we play them.
Unless I'm mistaken, isn't their final game yet to be played, so the three way battle between them, Roma and City for "losing to Bayern Munich by the largest margin" isn't resolved yet.

But qpr are playing in a league 10 times harder than the Russian league. It's not really comparable is it.

Poor old avb....couldnt even qualify from the easiest group in cl history.

Well at least he is back in his favourite competition now.

But qpr are playing in a league 10 times harder than the Russian league. It's not really comparable is it.

Poor old avb....couldnt even qualify from the easiest group in cl history.

Well at least he is back in his favourite competition now.
hahaha. ok. But what about the fact he's got the 7th biggest wage bill and is only 16th? Surely if he's as good as people make out he should be doing better, no? What about the fact he's got 1 trophy in 31 years of management. Just showcasing the hypocrisy of some. Both managers are nothing to write home about.

Back
Top Bottom