Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Surely good leadership involves those at the top seeing when something is going wrong and acting on it regardless of public perception. The needs of the club must come first & i see NO excuses for Ponch at all. The guy has to go. Along with Franco

The performances are simply not acceptable overall. This guy has Spurs In 10th & closer to bottom 4 than top 4 & diabolical performances are the norm.

Baldini would have been key behind picking Ponch. Given his record in player scouting I have no confidence that his "coaching" scouting is any better

Levy needs to axe them both.

Surely good leadership involves those at the top seeing when something is going wrong and acting on it regardless of public perception. The needs of the club must come first & i see NO excuses for Ponch at all. The guy has to go. Along with Franco

The performances are simply not acceptable overall. This guy has Spurs In 10th & closer to bottom 4 than top 4 & diabolical performances are the norm.

Baldini would have been key behind picking Ponch. Given his record in player scouting I have no confidence that his "coaching" scouting is any better

Levy needs to axe them both.
Ok Einstein.... who do we get at such short notice?
Because it has to be someone that gets everything right and never makes a mistake.
Because it's that simple isn't it?
Can't possibly have a decent manager that takes a while to overcome the failings of the past, get his message across, weed out the chaff in the squad.

Fuck me, I truly despair at melt morons sometimes

Whoever thinks sacking poch is the solution to our problems must be delusional. Just give the guy some time, Jesus Christ. How many times does it have to be pointed out that you can't just improve the whole team overnight. There have been some improvements in a few areas but it's obvious we're nowhere near where poch wants us to be. Just let him get some more players in who can play in his system, get rid of the weeds and then we'll just go from there. No need to melt.

I can see it now. Tony pullis will come in, in january to save us from relegation, he will then get us into the cl, then levy will sack him.....and onwards goes this thing of ours.

We are 4 points off 4th... 7 off 17th.

We have addressed fact we have signed shite players with the Bale money by bringing in Broomfield and Mitchell... Hopefully we will see the benefits of them from jan onwards.

Poch is doing ok. Ship some shit out in Jan and let him get a couple of players he wants. Then see how he does.

It seems Poch has found a core of players that he trusts. But, it's a problem playing twice a week in the league, because he doesn't have enough (good) players to rotate sensibly. We looked very tired today. When Kane/Eriksen have a bad day we're pretty much fucked.

It's gonna take time lads.
This season and a couple of transfer windows should do it.
Just hope we've got enough in the tank to go for the cups and then see what happens in the league.

I can't believe people genuinely want him sacked now. No sane manager (or player) would get involved with this club if we turfed Poch after six months.

I can't fault too much just now with Poch. My only issue is Lamela. I really like the guy but he needs a rest from the team. Too lightweight and wasteful at the moment and bringing him in for Soldado against chavs was a big mistake.

Other than that he has to work with what he has but above all must be given time (and financial backing) to get the squad he wants and needs. We know sacking managers doesn't work. If we aren't behind him we will get what we deserve from the trigger happy chairman.

I say save the transfer money and admit you were wrong, sack the ******* and bring FDB or Kloppe in…This is another Martin Jol or maybe worse, Ramos or AVB?. (BTW I am a huge MJ fan, but he is not the manager to maintain top 4 and win trophies)

But it's not gonna happen because the source of everything wrong in this club (i.e., Daniel Levy) is still there

:cool:
Oh no!

We drew at home after playing four games in ten days. What a fucking crisis!

Sacking him now would be an utter joke . He is currently playing with a a team that has been built by 3 different managers, half by a director of football and god knows who else.
I expect to see a massive squad overhaul in the next two transfer windows. Only then can we really judge whether he's the right man.

I can't fault too much just now with Poch. My only issue is Lamela. I really like the guy but he needs a rest from the team. Too lightweight and wasteful at the moment and bringing him in for Soldado against chavs was a big mistake.

Other than that he has to work with what he has but above all must be given time (and financial backing) to get the squad he wants and needs. We know sacking managers doesn't work. If we aren't behind him we will get what we deserve from the trigger happy chairman.
Lamela's problem is the same as Pochettino's. No right back. Dier is a centreback, Vlad is well, Vlad, and Naughton is rubbish.

We've seen the difference when both sides have someone coming forward to overlap and provide width. We didn't have that today, and the absence was telling. The squad was tired, but proper personnel would have let things work better.

Lamela's problem is the same as Pochettino's. No right back. Dier is a centreback, Vlad is well, Vlad, and Naughton is rubbish.

We've seen the difference when both sides have someone coming forward to overlap and provide width. We didn't have that today, and the absence was telling. The squad was tired, but proper personnel would have let things work better.
I don't disagree but he isn't there yet. He loses possess too easily and wants to play flicks and tricks when they're not on. Experience will see him develop given time but right now he needs a rest.

Poch's selection of players definitely has worried me recently, but I wouldn't go so far as to say he should be sacked.

I don't know exactly why he keeps playing Paulinho, but I can only hope that it's to get a buyer.

Poch's selection of players definitely has worried me recently, but I wouldn't go so far as to say he should be sacked.

I don't know exactly why he keeps playing Paulinho, but I can only hope that it's to get a buyer.
Or because he's showing a willingness to be coached maybe? After Capoue and now Dembele have "disappeared" he's suddenly much closer to the starting 11.

Or because he's showing a willingness to be coached maybe? After Capoue and now Dembele have "disappeared" he's suddenly much closer to the starting 11.
This. Neither Capoue or Dembele provide the forward impetus Paulinho does. I don't think any of the trio will be here for long, but for Pochettino's purposes, Paulinho may be the least bad option for now.

It's clear Mason and Bentaleb are his preferred pairing.

Ok Einstein.... who do we get at such short notice?
Because it has to be someone that gets everything right and never makes a mistake.
Because it's that simple isn't it?
Can't possibly have a decent manager that takes a while to overcome the failings of the past, get his message across, weed out the chaff in the squad.

Fuck me, I truly despair at melt morons sometimes

Failings of the past....interesting point.

That being: Sherwoods 8 wins & 2 draws from his first 12 games with 2 goals per game scored ?

Or AVB's 1.83 points per game prior to sacking ?

Neither of the above deemed good enough ( under AVB we were equally dull ) but Pochettino deserves time ?

Why ?

So he can keep playing inverted wingers, without proper attacking full backs ? So he can press high up with no pressing central midfielders who can pass forward ? So he can pick Kaboul as Captain and play out that comedy show for 8 games again ? Or Drop Lennon for Lamella despite Lennon playing well or Play Ericksen on the left to no effect..... Yeah ok. Give him time clearly deserves it.
all this said, I am not suggesting he is sacked due to results alone, but on performances I can't see why he should stay, mostly the tactics are awful & the performances worse than the "failings of the past"

I accept I am being a degree sensitive about this guy, but having gone through the 90's I am in no rush to go back there and at the moment I feel we are strangely similar to those awful sides, without a Ginola to ease the pain....

Back
Top Bottom