Matt Doherty

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Would you care to list a few of the bad games Doc has played?
Here's a list of all his games.

Starting from the beginning of the season:

Paco (A)
Rennes (A)
NS Mura (A)
Everton (A)

More recently:

Chavs x 3

.....Enough?

No? OK...... 95% of last season.

Easier to name the good ones:

Leicester (A) (last season)
Leicester (A) (this season - HT Sub)
Leeds (A) (this season)

he has been poor since the day he arrived here, not sure why but looks lost on the pitch
against Leeds he was very good, But why ? he's not had games to play himself into a confidance, has something changed in him or the team ?
looking at Sess he has been played in a few games maybe now more confident, he was positive in his play for the first 20mins or so, So I can see why he may be better but not Doc

Even Garth Crooks is now singing the praises of Doherty - to the annoyance of a few on here I would presume 😁

Garth Crooks has named Harry Kane, Dejan Kulusevski and Matt Doherty in his Team of the Week after Tottenham’s clinical win over Leeds United on Saturday.

Doherty replaced Emerson Royal in the starting eleven at Elland Road and the Republic of Ireland international showed the marauding qualities that made him such a potent goal-threat from wing-back during his time at Wolves.

The 30-year-old opened the scoring for the away side with an accomplished finish after getting on the end of a Ryan Sessegnon cross before picking up an assist for Kulusevski’s goal.

Crooks wrote in his BBC Sport column about Doherty and Tottenham’s win: “I haven’t a clue which Tottenham I’m watching at the moment.

“Is it any wonder Antonio Conte is threatening to walk out of the club on a Wednesday night after their shocking defeat at Burnley, only to find himself rowing back from his comments on Saturday, after a superb win against Leeds reminiscent of the one against Manchester City.

“Meanwhile, Matt Doherty, a player Conte never signed, had an outstanding game. The Republic of Ireland international was full of running throughout this fixture and made up phenomenal ground in order to finish a superb run by Ryan Sessegnon.”

And now Conte's joined the bandwagon :cool:

Doherty is another player that is improved. He has worked a lot. I like him because if he plays or if he doesn’t play he is committed and his attitude is always at the top. He understood that he can have an important part of this team. With Emerson on the right, but Doherty can also play on the left,” Conte told Football.London.
“I was pleased to see him at this level, also Ryan Sessegnon. Now we have recovered Sergio Reguilon. We are improving, we are working hard, when there are defeats we have to learn and continue to improve in many aspects.”

Back
Top Bottom