Match officials: Bent, incompetent or just trying to do their best.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It's clear Hamas are behind this.
ADUG have the means, the money and the motive! Creating the illusion of a tight race will give their title added legitimacy in the eyes of the less informed

Think About It GIF by Identity

It wasn’t even just the incorrect decisions in the post by shempz shempz , he was at times giving fouls to Stoke that should have been fouls to us.

I’ve seen that in plenty of games versus Bolton, Stoke and Chelsea.
he also gave the most bogus goalkick to them when it was the most obvious corner ever.

I specifically remember telling my brother (who isnt a spurs fan) to come downstairs to see this decision. I hit the rewind button and played it...he looked at me saying "yeh ok what?"...I said "the cunt gave a fucking goalkick"...he looked shocked and got me to play it again and again. I will never forget that game.

he also gave the most bogus goalkick to them when it was the most obvious corner ever.

I specifically remember telling my brother (who isnt a spurs fan) to come downstairs to see this decision. I hit the rewind button and played it...he looked at me saying "yeh ok what?"...I said "the cunt gave a fucking goalkick"...he looked shocked and got me to play it again and again. I will never forget that game.
I watched it with my dad who had been a referee back in the day (I know, lower level) but we complained about pretty much every decision in that game.

Incredibly I found some highlights

View: https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=278884242164086

This shit makes your blood boil 😆

EDIT - And people say they want to go back to the days of no VAR, yeah no thanks.

But wait a minute, as you posted above, you know full well why he reffed that game like he did, it was because of him fucking up a couple of decisions that went our way in a previous game against Stoke he officiated. VAR still needs to go, the refs are still getting away with it despite it.

But wait a minute, as you posted above, you know full well why he reffed that game like he did, it was because of him fucking up a couple of decisions that went our way in a previous game against Stoke he officiated. VAR still needs to go, the refs are still getting away with it despite it.

Half of those decisions he wouldn't have got away with these days.

Even if you think referrees are on the take then they can't influence a match these days as much as they could.

Half of those decisions he wouldn't have got away with these days.

Even if you think referrees are on the take then they can't influence a match these days as much as they could.
We need to introduce a challenge system like in Tennis. 2 per team or something like that. If you challenge and it's right, you stay on 2 challenges. That'd shut people like Klopp up. "If you were so sure it was injustice, why didn't you challenge?"

I can see them saying "but we have VAR", but if the ref can ignore the VAR request to view the incident (assuming that wasn't bollocks) then the captain should be able to force him to look at it.

Just watched that bent corrupt twat Webb trying to handwave away the poor decisions VAR made against Forest.

Notice how "Mutual contact" is the word being used by VAR here, that's the same language they used earlier in the season during one of our games to deny us a penalty as well, I forget what game it was.

I honestly don't know how anybody can deny the bias and quite frankly, cowardly cheating that the officials are taking part in at this point.

There needs to be a full investigation from a third party that the PL are unaware of to expose what is happening behind the scenes at this point because it feels like it's just rigged for drama and ratings.

Just watched that bent corrupt twat Webb trying to handwave away the poor decisions VAR made against Forest.

Notice how "Mutual contact" is the word being used by VAR here, that's the same language they used earlier in the season during one of our games to deny us a penalty as well, I forget what game it was.

I honestly don't know how anybody can deny the bias and quite frankly, cowardly cheating that the officials are taking part in at this point.

There needs to be a full investigation from a third party that the PL are unaware of to expose what is happening behind the scenes at this point because it feels like it's just rigged for drama and ratings.
Mutual contact would be both lads going up for or into a 50/50 and facing each other….
Not getting taken out from behind …

Think the people still in denial are not seeing how fucked it is because they don’t want to see it.

It’s pretty obvious the premier league wanted to extend the title race and Oliver was doing everything he could to help that. Maybe we have just been unlucky to be on the wrong end of the preferred storyline more times than most this season. Wolves are another club like us.

Forest the other day with Everton who they clearly don’t want the responsibility for with relegation when they know already they aren’t going up bring any real consequences for City and chavski because they are too powerful

Think the people still in denial are not seeing how fucked it is because they don’t want to see it.

It’s pretty obvious the premier league wanted to extend the title race and Oliver was doing everything he could to help that. Maybe we have just been unlucky to be on the wrong end of the preferred storyline more times than most this season. Wolves are another club like us.

Forest the other day with Everton who they clearly don’t want the responsibility for with relegation when they know already they aren’t going up bring any real consequences for City and chavski because they are too powerful

For the first time I'm actually going to somewhat agree with you, I don't believe they're anti Spurs but they definitely referee the matches based on moments/ narratives and feelings.

Referees I feel are more interested in the stories and how they can affect the outcome of the matches as opposed to calling it down the line.

I remember when Clattenburg pretty much confirmed that he scripted the Spurs/Chelsea BOTB match in 2016 where he admits that he should have applied more control of the players ad he allowed the game to descend into chaos.

Prem is basically a Hollywood league and the narratives are just as if not more important than the actual football, this is why they abuse VAR because it just adds to the drama of the league and creates a load of controversy and puts more eyes on the league.

As soon as they bottled the Ivan Toney shaving foam incident, all bets are off. They'd rather just fuck us over blurry lines on an offside decision and ignore Kulu being tripped in the box.

It's cool, I'm fine with it - we should do the same because the minute we start doing it they'll change the rules regardless.

For the first time I'm actually going to somewhat agree with you, I don't believe they're anti Spurs but they definitely referee the matches based on moments/ narratives and feelings.

Referees I feel are more interested in the stories and how they can affect the outcome of the matches as opposed to calling it down the line.

I remember when Clattenburg pretty much confirmed that he scripted the Spurs/Chelsea BOTB match in 2016 where he admits that he should have applied more control of the players ad he allowed the game to descend into chaos.

Prem is basically a Hollywood league and the narratives are just as if not more important than the actual football, this is why they abuse VAR because it just adds to the drama of the league and creates a load of controversy and puts more eyes on the league.

And there it is.

Credit to you for not calling me tin foil hat and seeing it for what it is.

Others will eventually realise the premier league is no different than WWF wrestling.

Then there are others that still think wrestling is real.

Perfect example:

View: https://twitter.com/premierleague/status/1785600059268051216

League presumably thinks this is fine, so I want us to be doing that to goalkeepers on corners then.

A laughing emoji for a clip of tolerated cheating that advantaged one team over the other? This isn’t the behaviour you’d expect from a supposedly impartial league that represents each of its members equally.

Back
Top Bottom