Liverpool vs Tottenham Hotspur. May 7th. Saturday – 7.45 PM.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Fuck me we have to stop this!

It'd be particularly sweet if Kane scored the winner and cupped his ear to the Kop given that they fucking hate him an inexplicable amount, like more than Gooners. The scousers FEWM at Kane, I'm not even sure why? I think it goes back to that pen in the 2-2? or "Claiming Eriksen's goal at Stoke" This affected the scousers in some way.

They also hate that's he's England Captain over the "Real Captain , Hendo"

God I Fucking hate them so so much. vile arrogant fanbase.

I remember we drew 2 all up there a couple of seasons ago. Jurgen the german nearly had a heart attack and it was if it was against the magna carta we got two penalties in front of the kop. Should have won that game tbh.

2 main concerns:

- 2 men vs 3 in MF

- Will we suitably recover for the Scum game?
Agree with the first point but it does mean we are dangerous in transition and a goal threat.

Generally, there will be no conditioning fatigue for that game….. they will be 100% unless there are knocks/niggles but that could be the case after a week or ten days

Out of all league fixtures for this club Liverpool away fills me with the most dread. Our top 4 survival hinges on it, a pretty desperate position we find ourselves in. I’m more of an optimist but can’t see this one going our way it pains me to say, a statement win for Liverpool and a demoralizing loss for Spurs is my prediction.

I would love to be proven wrong.

I think a draw would be still a very good result that would keep us in the hunt assuming we beat Woolwich it would come down to GD?
If we draw against Liverpool, and win our remaining three we finish a point behind them assuming they win against leeds, Newcastle and Everton

Out of all league fixtures for this club Liverpool away fills me with the most dread. Our top 4 survival hinges on it, a pretty desperate position we find ourselves in. I’m more of an optimist but can’t see this one going our way it pains me to say, a statement win for Liverpool and a demoralizing loss for Spurs is my prediction.

We went to the eithad in worse form and more than deserved our win. Liverpool need the win as much as we do and could leave gaps as they attack.
I think firminho is out injured which helps as he’s a sneaky bastard.

I do think Newcastle at St James and in their current run are too much to handle for Woolwich. And hopefully Everton are still in the relegation battle on the last day so they would give their everything (which isn't much, tbf).

I don't expect much from us against Liverpool but we really need to win the last three. That would leave us with 70 pts. If Woolwich drop points against any of the other three opponents, we should be good (even if they only draw once, we would finish level on 70 pts but our GD is presumably better).

All in all, I see it going down to the NLD...

There's a lot of happy clappers in this thread banging on about that we have a chance against Liverpool at Anfield..... And we're 'due a result there'

I'm in awe of your optimism.

:dembelelol:

Liverpool at home this season:

Played 17, 14 wins, 3 draws, 45 goals scored and 7 conceded.

They also went the entirety of the 19/20 league season undefeated at home with 19 wins and 1 draw, the only time they've lost at home was that period last season where they pretty much had no first team defenders available.

If we did win this one, it would be one of the biggest wins in recent PL history, against one of the best teams in PL history.

If we draw against Liverpool, and win our remaining three we finish a point behind them assuming they win against leeds, Newcastle and Everton
Ah okay. So we need one of those three to take a point/points. Newcastle away on Monday night under the lights out best bet?

It’s probably the hardest game in world football right now, going to Anfield. But I trust conte to employ good tactics and make the game hard for them as well.
Thing is though, even in their 4-0 thrashing Rashford got in behind tenet 3/4 times! We 100% will get chances!! The thing is whether 1. We can take them, and 2 we can do enough to keep them out.

Last edited:
Liverpool at home this season:

Played 17, 14 wins, 3 draws, 45 goals scored and 7 conceded.

They also went the entirety of the 19/20 league season undefeated at home with 19 wins and 1 draw, the only time they've lost at home was that period last season where they pretty much had no first team defenders available.

If we did win this one, it would be one of the biggest wins in recent PL history, against one of the best teams in PL history.
Hmm

The 3 draws - Chelsea city and…… Brighton yeah?

Likewise, their title hopes hinge on it. They’ve got to hope that at some point City drop points

Back
Top Bottom