Liverpool vs Tottenham Hotspur. May 7th. Saturday – 7.45 PM.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'm not a defender of him, but for the Liverpool game he is regretfully the best option we have for what I think the match will be, at Anfield, where they haven't lost in the League all season and have only conceded 7 times in 17 league games. So yeah, maybe starting Bergwijn at wing back is a completely fucking shite idea.

Sess was the worst player on the pitch yesterday (that stayed on, Moura had a stinker, but tbf has barely played much) but again, options. As for Winks, getting blamed for that goal yesterday was quite absurd IMO and I'm not so much a defender of him as I think the shit he gets is ridiculously OTT.

Almost at a point that it's worse than what Trippier got tbh. If he's happy being a squad player and on the bench he'll probably stay, not bothered either way.
Playing at Anfield we would be crazy to play a forward as WB. In our last 3 matches fine but not this one. It has to be a defender and with Tanganga and Doherty injured regrettably Royal is our best option. Rodon has not played and Sanchez is no better.

Liverpool play in such a way as to make it nearly impossible for whoever they face to put in 8 out 10 performances across their team.

At present it's literally the only way you beat them, or if you have that special individual talent.

It's where the likes of Bale, Gascoigne, and even Berbatov were so incredible. They were so damn good on their day that they could drive a team to another level.

Last edited:
Great post. They will be desperate to win….. if they score early, we are fucked but get to say 30 mins and desperation might creep in
Also the ref will be under pressure to give fair decisions after the stonewall penalty Everton should have had and Lampard calling them out.

Because it would. Liverpool are very different to City.

Every teams different to another, that's not really a point.

What's the logic in dropping him and playing Lucas/Bergwijn when he's already proved his worth at to the point against a similar sized opponent when he was key to the win?

Every teams different to another, that's not really a point.

What's the logic in dropping him and playing Lucas/Bergwijn when he's already proved his worth at to the point against a similar sized opponent when he was key to the win?
Don't feed the troll. He's notaspurfan.

A draw would be pretty ok for us as it will leave us 3 points behind the scum going onto the NLD, which ofcourse we must win else its all moot anyway. The problem is you cant play for a draw there like everton, sooner or later they break you down and then you just cant flick a switch and start attacking. we have to go hell for leather and hope to score a couple, accepting that they will reply on the other end. thats whats worked the last few times we have drawn them .
if we draw this and gooners beat Leeds we'd be 4 points behind.

Tuesday 3rd May​

CHAMPIONS LEAGUE​

SEMI-FINALS​

• Villarreal20:00Liverpool
    (Agg 0-2)

Saturday 7th May​

PREMIER LEAGUE​

• Liverpool19:45Tottenham Hotspur

Tuesday 10th May​

PREMIER LEAGUE​

• Aston Villa20:00Liverpool

Saturday 14th May​

THE FA CUP​

FINAL​

• Chelsea16:45Liverpool

Need uri Geller in this week to hypnosis royal thinking hes cafu and no-one can get passed him. Tbh when we play liverpool away they usually try and ponce a penalty. Particularly mane. They will burst out of traps to begin. If we weather the storm we can get a result. Our front three can cause damage.

Also the ref will be under pressure to give fair decisions after the stonewall penalty Everton should have had and Lampard calling them out.
I love the optimism here, but there is no way the refs are stopping worldwide interest in the title race next weekend. Anything that can be given will be given. And not to us.

I do not expect Salah to do up his bootlaces, put it that way.

tumblr_n4ds17lpWf1qhq8vso2_r1_250.gif

Back
Top Bottom