Liverpool v Tottenham Hotspur. Sunday 4 Feb. 16.30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Some of the comments on here about Kane are absolutely shocking.

"A disgrace"
"he handed the game to Liverpool"

Yes he missed a pen. He's fucking human ffs. Has no one missed a pen before??? The game was not all about that miss. Plenty else went on in the game. The two we conceded were poor defensively. We win lose and draw AS A TEAM. 100 goals is a great achievement. But he cos he misses something he usually buries he is abused by some so called fans. Disgraceful

He's scored 17/20 from the spot, any manager would take that to the bank.

Thing is, even the Dier goal, look closely at what Salah does. At exactly the right time he cuts Sanchez off from his last change to slide in and maybe make a challenge by cutting across him and adjusting his body. At the same time that adjustment to his body was to open his body up enough to shoot into the far corner which was the better option anyway if you have the ability to pull it off, but I think Salah had seen the small signs that Lloris was going to cover his near post as Lloris anticipated that was the easier shot and therefore the most likely.

The second goal, well, yeah a bit of a clusterfuck, but he was sharp and most impressively the finish was very good, a different finish and Lloris might have saved it.

Don't get me wrong, when he sighed for Liverpool I said in a post on here that he would be a failure. I was basing that off the small amount I had seen of him before. I was completely wrong, and I realized that a couple of months ago when I noticed these little subtle displays of ability happened in almost every goal. I wish we had bought him, he's that good.
Let me preface by saying I think he is an amazing player as well, but....

I think you're giving him to much credit on the first goal at least. Every keeper protects their near post and any forward worth their salt should bury that easily. Him opening his hips if anything is a tell of where he is going, not that it matters from 12 yds out though.

The second goal was clinical though, if he had gone anywhere but top shelf I think Lloris makes that save. (I do think Lloris was a little slow off his line though, Salah takes a bit of a heavy touch.)

Klopp unsure of the rules too haha (3min 20)

What a cunt. Complains for 4 minutes about incorrect calls, gets corrected, admits he doesn't know the rules, makes a disparaging remark that the refs are always correct, says that there's nothing more to say, and then continues to talk about it.

:pocheyes:

Oh, and Lamela intentionally jumped into Dyke's leg and simultaneously dived at the same time.

They seem to be claiming some sort of victory because they hacked Dele’s Instagram...

Personally I’d say that has just made Dele even more likeable.. Since when was getting noshed a crime? ( unless you’re Hugh Grant)

Well done Dele lad, you’ve proved you are normal..

Finally got to watch the match....

tee-hee-hee-hee-hiddlee-hee-hee-hee-hee-hee-hee-hee-hee-hee-hee-hee-hee-hee-hee-hee-hee-hee-hee-:eriksenlol:haw-haw-haw-haw-haw-haw-haw-haw-haw-haw-haw:dembelelol:-haw-haw-guffa-guffa-guffa-haw-hee-hee-hee-hee-hee-hee-hee-hee-hee-hee-hee-hee-:sonlol:-wah-wah-wah-wah-wah-wee-hee-hee-hee-

wait, stop, I can't breathe, no please stop.......
tee-hee-hee-hee-hiddlee-hee-hee-hee-hee-hee-hee-hee-hee-hee-hee-:harrylol:hee-hee-hee-hee-hee-hee-hee-hee-haw-haw-haw-haw-haw-haw-haw-haw-haw-haw-hawhaw-:crouch:haw-guffa-guffa-guffa-haw-hee-hee-hee-hee-hee-hee-hee-hee-hee-hee-hee-hee--wah-wah-wah-wah-wah-wee-hee-hee-hee-:pritchardeyes:

ok....hee...ah, ha, haw, haw, hee.......ok, ok, ok.....wait........oh......that was certainly something. Wasn't it?

COYFS

Just sobering up .... still laughing after that finish .... and now listening to Kloopy and his bunch of entitled followers ranting just makes it all the better ....

We played 'em off the park from 20 minutes onward .... feckin' commentators are clueless 'end to end' my arse .... and the reason we play the ball through our keeper is to run the legs off the pressing team .... sure the Dippers pressed very well, but from about 60 minutes on they were fecked .... we could and should have won that, but in Salah they have a real gem ...

Big shout for 'arry ... takes balls to put the ball on the spot having just seen one saved (no he didn't miss despite what the commentators said) and then coolly tuck it in the corner .....

OK Liverpool fan all serious spurs great players team manger lf one team like see win league spurs because build up team without money cunts city Chelsea sorry be rude you were better team today l think Liverpool spurs same problem is lose best players have rebuilt again

Just sobering up .... still laughing after that finish .... and now listening to Kloopy and his bunch of entitled followers ranting just makes it all the better ....

We played 'em off the park from 20 minutes onward .... feckin' commentators are clueless 'end to end' my arse .... and the reason we play the ball through our keeper is to run the legs off the pressing team .... sure the Dippers pressed very well, but from about 60 minutes on they were fecked .... we could and should have won that, but in Salah they have a real gem ...

Big shout for 'arry ... takes balls to put the ball on the spot having just seen one saved (no he didn't miss despite what the commentators said) and then coolly tuck it in the corner .....

BangkokSpud BangkokSpud you might just be sobering up but Ireland is only just getting started.

They seem to be claiming some sort of victory because they hacked Dele’s Instagram...

Personally I’d say that has just made Dele even more likeable.. Since when was getting noshed a crime? ( unless you’re Hugh Grant)

Well done Dele lad, you’ve proved you are normal..
If it's real, I just have one very important question...

Is it a guy holding the camera?
:deledoubt:

Or a lady?
:allitongue:

Because the former is a bit of a strange evening whereas the latter is more impressive.

(assuming Dele isn't bisexual, btw)

Played them off the park for the full 90 as far as I'm concerned, unlucky to not get all 3. Can only laugh at Klopp moaning about the penalties. Yeah the first one is a bit fortunate but the referees interpret the law correctly and rightly so we get the pen. Second one was stonewall, the fact that it is even being debated is farcical.

Yeah you woulda thought between Gallagher, Moss and the linesman one of them would know the offside rule which clearly states the pass must be deliberate.
He deliberately played the ball. He swung a chuffing boot at it.Just cos it didn't go where he wanted is irrelevant. I highly doubt dier intended to play the ball straight to Salah.but that's what he did.

Time well spent reading through this thread.

The dejection of their first goal.
The well deserved negativity of the half time post-mortem.
The joy of Wanyama’s screamer.
Is it a pen? Yes it is! We are going to win this!
Oh.
The acceptance that Salah’s second is something that just happens to us.
Is it a pen? Yes it is! We are going to miss this!
Yyyyyeeeeeessssss!!!!!!

I must be a cunt, John H, as I’m more than happy with a point from up there. And no, I don’t want to meet you to discuss it further. You sound a bit, well, you know....

Anyway, I’m going to bask in the reflective glory of this for a while now. My phone has been deathly quiet despite the number of grief monkeys I know promising to terrorise me after the match. They must all be searching frantically for any video evidence that we shouldn’t have been given our penalties. Good luck my salty chums.

I love our club.

Back
Top Bottom