Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'm not sure that is true. It's easy to say - spend a bunch of money and we can compete.

We have spent 817 MILLION on players in the previous 5 years; with only 269 coming back in player sales. And that excluded whatever we had to pay to Mourinho & Conte.

And that has only resulted in 1 top 4 finish.

So, how much more money do you think needs to be spent on the squad to make us competitive?
Money is not the issue, when you spend it and who you spend it on is an issue. However the biggest problem is that after 20 odd years the wonderful Danny still can't build a structure that allows the club to be successful on the pitch. We lurch from one DOF to another with different football philosophies, there doesn't appear to be any strategy at all, the footballing side of the club is a mess.

Chicken and Egg really.

No elite player wants to come and sit on the Spurs bench, with little prospects of picking up any honors.

Nobody dreams of playing for Tottenham Hotspur - that is the difference between us and 'Big' clubs. United, Liverpool, Milan, Bara, Madrid, Munich are teams players dream of playing for.

Yet top clubs manage it. If we had a 2nd string that was reliable, they would get more games.

Backups can easy get 20-30 games a season.

At the moment we lose Udogie or Porro and we lose games.

I'm not sure that is true. It's easy to say - spend a bunch of money and we can compete.

We have spent 817 MILLION on players in the previous 5 years; with only 269 coming back in player sales. And that excluded whatever we had to pay to Mourinho & Conte.

So, how much more money do you think needs to be spent on the squad to make us competitive?

I think we need to concentrate less on what has been spent and look at how many holes are in the squad and the calibre of manager we have. Both are not great.

Obviously we have not spent correctly have we.
Our repeated attempts at recruitment over the years are a joke.
We are one of the biggest teams in this country, yet act like some mid table side with our attempts to be successful.
At the moment, the team doesn't look like it has a win in it, every game we are conceding numerous goals, that can't be good for team confidence.

We prioritise spending our big money on players who are up and coming with future potential.

Ndombele, lo celso, Johnson, Richarlison (established yes but not proven as a consistent goalscorer)

This is a self imposed limitation placed on us by Levy.

We don't buy the sure things at the value theyre worth like Declan Rice unless we get a hot deal like maddison

We prioritise spending our big money on players who are up and coming with future potential.

Ndombele, lo celso, Johnson, Richarlison (established yes but not proven as a consistent goalscorer)

This is a self imposed limitation placed on us by Levy.

We don't buy the sure things at the value theyre worth like Declan Rice unless we get a hot deal like maddison

There is something else going on.

Players look great for 6 months under every new manager and then just turn to shit. Under one manager fine, that’s on the manager but the EXACT SAME pattern under 4 managers?

Increases prices by 6 per cent. Then stings pensioners whove paid all their lives to watch club and removes concession prices. I get we have to pay for stadium but thats a kick in the bollox by levy.

It’s total bullshit.

The fans don’t pay for the stadium. TV money, event money, qualify for the CL.

Stop hiring / sacking managers Willy nilly and paying them millions in compensation.

The fans money is the cherry on the cake. His bonus.
I’ve stopped giving ENIC any of my money. I know when I’m being scammed.

Just had my third season ticket renewal email through. Fucking jokers.

I must admit it gets harder every year to keep going. I only really go now to either meet up with mates to get out the house or go because my kids want to go and I've lumbered them with the misery of supporting us.

I must admit it gets harder every year to keep going. I only really go now to either meet up with mates to get out the house or go because my kids want to go and I've lumbered them with the misery of supporting us.

200.gif

There is something else going on.

Players look great for 6 months under every new manager and then just turn to shit. Under one manager fine, that’s on the manager but the EXACT SAME pattern under 4 managers?
Question is what, why does things start looking positive, then follow the same pattern and go to shit.
Only son remains from pochs time, and yet, it was happening then and happening now.

Levy fucked all of this up with Mourinho. Panicked over COVID and failed to back him. Conte sucked but Mou was different. He received no backing and still got us to a cup final while getting the best seasons of Son and Kane’s careers.

He then was abruptly sacked the week after the Super League news first broke right before a City final. It was obvious why. Levy needed PR after the Super League news, and Mourinho had criticized him publicly and hurt his feelings.

That is Daniel Levy’s legacy. He should always, always, always be remembered for that moment. Sacking a manager on the cusp of a trophy because it would make him look bad. A cup final, he made the decision to send us into battle with Ryan bloody Mason vs Pep Guardiola. The most farcical match I have ever seen in my entire life.

This is fundamentally the difference between us and proper clubs. It’s all about the money for Levy. And nothing about the success.
It was also a manager that had just been slapped 3-0 by an oppo manager who was in prison and had been slapped 4-by pep weeks earlier. Mourinho was a horrible poison that he’s probed before and after us. He had to go

Asked my son if he fancied going over to Japan ti watch us play.

His reply.

“Why bother. We’d only lose.”

It’s a trip to fucking Japan!!!!

:dawsonlol: :dawsonlol:

Another average mess of a season under enic & levy with the usual dusty trophy cabinet. Finishing worse than when we started. Glaring holes in the starting 11 & squad. Big ins & out needed in the summer. & praying for city to stop our bitter rivals winning the title. But imagine rolling the dice with new owners & losing this!

I remember thinking in august, no Europe , give the cups a right go. Then we went away to Fulham….

Oh well , one match a week will allow ange to embed his style of play on the squad, look at how other teams have motored along in recent seasons with a Europe free season..,

No, not us. What the fuck is the matter with this club? Do they not mind being the butt of all jokes? Shambles’s.

I’m all for Ange getting the summer window but it’s not looking great , how are the majority of the cowards in our squad going to cope with Thursday and Sunday?

Back
Top Bottom