Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'd rather we were a shit show that wins something every few years, than a financially well run club that literally never wins anything anymore.

There. I said it.
I want to go to cup finals and see us win.
I want to see a league title in my lifetime.
If that means a leaky roof or the odd season where we finish 8th and have to buy a 36 year old Ibrahimavic type, bring it on.
I'm fed up of never being there. As it stands, we're on our way to a 20+ year run of nothing.
I agree but so many of our fans including posters on here don’t want to prioritise a trophy over qualifying for CL. Just read the match threads with posters wanting to play back up players or even kids rather than the first team. Personally I would rather we were in the FA Cup semi final than just 2 points off 4th place. unfortunately whilst I have seen many of our cup finals, I would have no chance of actually getting a ticket again but that does not stop me wanting us to win something.
Whilst Levy presumably wants money from CL over a trophy, so do many of our fans and not until this changes will Levy or any owner put put under pressure to change. Successive Managers have put out back up teams in cups for years. The teams put out in the Conference were a disgrace.

I agree but so many of our fans including posters on here don’t want to prioritise a trophy over qualifying for CL. Just read the match threads with posters wanting to play back up players or even kids rather than the first team. Personally I would rather we were in the FA Cup semi final than just 2 points off 4th place. unfortunately whilst I have seen many of our cup finals, I would have no chance of actually getting a ticket again but that does not stop me wanting us to win something.
Whilst Levy presumably wants money from CL over a trophy, so do many of our fans and not until this changes will Levy or any owner put put under pressure to change. Successive Managers have put out back up teams in cups for years. The teams put out in the Conference were a disgrace.
The conference is a disgrace to be fair

It’s my club you worm

No it's not, you're a customer, you don't own it, you just follow it because you are attached through sentiment

It's like someone worshipping McDonalds, buying Big Macs every day and then complaining to the CEO that their Happy Meals aren't what they used to be and then at the same time thinking that you own the company just because you've invested in it.

Set your expectations and stop acting like a self entitled child.

The conference is a disgrace to be fair
We should not have been in the position of needing to win the final match to qualify. I do agree that it is less important than the F A Cup but I really enjoyed winning the UEFA cup in the past which was in those days the 3rd important European trophy.

Is this what you lot do? cook up a plan to get someone binned because you don't like what they're saying?

This is basically the equivalent of cancel culture on TFC 😆
Do you approve of him using that insulting downs syndrome gif to mock and ridicule another poster!

If that had been posted by ENIC / Levy critic you'd have been all over it like a fly over shit you raging fucking hypocrite

We should not have been in the position of needing to win the final match to qualify. I do agree that it is less important than the F A Cup but I really enjoyed winning the UEFA cup in the past which was in those days the 3rd important European trophy.
I would say the UEFA CUP and Cup winners cup held pretty much equal prestige.
We won both of them, of course. In the days when even just qualifying was a much tougher ask than it is today.
In the days we used to win things regularly.
Then ENIC came along

Obviously a closet gooner would disagree, though

Last edited:
No it's not, you're a customer, you don't own it, you just follow it because you are attached through sentiment

It's like someone worshipping McDonalds, buying Big Macs every day and then complaining to the CEO that their Happy Meals aren't what they used to be and then at the same time thinking that you own the company just because you've invested in it.

Set your expectations and stop acting like a self entitled child.
funny-lips-silly.gif

You've peaked in your wummery of this thread when you're comparing being a fan of a football club to buying a big mac, shady.

God speed.

I say Levy doesn't want us to win.

1) When you win players become more marketable and therefore they demand higher wages. (Case in point, Leicester selling a league winning squad because it was more sustainable).

2) There isn't that much greater prize money and TV revenue between being League winners and being Fourth. The difference does not offset the revenue you have to inject to be able to win a league (Ask City and Woolwich. Liverpool are an anomaly)

3) The image of a growing Club has served his Ass-Holiness Levy well. He has aquired loans at better rates and been able to keep 'The Rebuild' bullshit going for longer.

4th or 5th (next season) is ideal for the likes of Levy.

Reading back, what the actual fuck was this post? 😆

I swear some of you guys inject crack into your veins man lmao

A troll gagging on gooner cock would be a more fitting description after yesterday's nauseating adulation of the enemy
Before ENIC showed up we had a similar history of success as Woolwich.

Adulation? As often is the case, you were simply typing complete bollocks.

Lying about easily researched facts and stats just confirms you as a shit talker. Shit opinions based on lies.
I see you post and I think of this.

south-park-poop.gif

Scott Munn was bang on the money about our eco friendly club travelling to Australia for a friendly football match. it is the market the club has to capitalise on.

Without Australia we are nothing.

I agree, who’s happier, West Ham fans after winning the conference league or us after a shit campaign and going out to Milan in the champions league?

They had a bad league campaign, but so did we. They may have won the third tier European trophy but I guarantee if we did the year we were in it we’d all be delighted like them.

(Obviously I’ll caveat that with them still being West Ham fans after the effect, which must be utterly shit. But it doesn’t detract from the point).

I would say the UEFA CUP and Cup winners cup held pretty much equal prestige.
We won both of them, of course. In the days when even just qualifying was a much tougher ask than it is today.
In the days we used to win things regularly.
Then ENIC came along

Obviously a closet gooner would disagree, though

What are you on about.

When did we last win a European competition?

How many European competitions were we in during the previous owners reign?

We're you in a coma during the late 80s and 90s?

It’s my club you worm

This is a classic case of delusion.

I would advise at your next psych evaluation you don’t tell them you think you own Tottenham Hotspur. It won’t end well.

They also noticed lot of people on here genuinely thought we could win the league and were in a title race. Keep those thoughts to yourself. Highest levels of delusional thinking.

My own recent evaluation they asked me my opinion.
I told them I thought we were in a turtle race. Maybe involving pizza loving ninjas? But I wasn’t sure.

They were pleased with that answer anyway.
Said that made much more sense than talking about winning the league under ENIC.

When do they release our annual financial report? I am still frustrated by that Fulham performance, I can’t wait to share our record revenues with others

Would you honestly? most weekends would be like the one that just past? I Remember the 90s too I'm 38 They we're shit and anyone who says the days under Sugar were better than the last decade, I'm sorry they're lying.

Trophies are obv important, and we should have won more over the last 10 years yes, but if you only watch for trophies you'd only watch football in May.

Also, like I said we don't exist in isolation, other teams exist too and sometimes they're just better than us .

I do feel in 16/17 we were insane and good enough to win, something we crumbled in the FA Cup semi and got knocked out of Europa by Gent
There's no point going to games every week with nothing to show for it.
I've been doing it since Wembley and wanted a season ticket for years before.
I had hope in the 90's because history said we'd win something every now and then because we always had.

2 in the 50's
7 in the 60's
3 in the 70's
4 in the 80's
3 in the 90's

(I've counted charity shields as that's the trendy new thing to do and teams like Arse would add it to their list every time)

Enter Enic
1 in the 00's
0 in the 10's
0 in half the 20's

But we're "well run"

Back
Top Bottom