Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Fair enough on the many injures in midfield and attack, but the defence was utterly predictable... MANY of us predicted it would happen.
Even the attack is inexcusable. We sold arguably the world's greatest forward for over £100 million, banked the fucking money, and essentially replaced him with noodles.

It's a fucking farce that some of our fans find this acceptable.

It's worse than the Berbatov / Frazer Campbell scam he pulled on us all those years ago

THFC increases revenue exponentially .

Increased revenue is spent by THFC on playing side.

THFC makes a loss for two years running due to increased spending.

BaLd mAn bAd.
It's not the spending that's the problem, it's the amount he has wasted over the years.

And the shower of a shit team Ange inherited thanks to this.

Yes a chunk has been sorted out, but a half decent club with the financial strength of us should never have been in this position in the first place.

This club has flittered between managers with no real sense of direction or philosophy.

We didn't even have continuarity through the club until Ange come along.

Even the attack is inexcusable. We sold arguably the world's greatest forward for over £100 million, banked the fucking money, and essentially replaced him with noodles.

It's worse than the Berbatov / Frazer Campbell scam he pulled on us all those years ago
I’ve been saying this since summer. It’s so perplexing.

If a player of Harry Kane’s calibre was sold by Woolwich, City, Liverpool, United, Chelsea, Christ I would even say ANY other Premier League club and the only effort the club made to replace him was a Nottingham Forest winger and a kid from Argentina, the outcry could be heard from space.

At Spurs, it’s somehow acceptable. We just plod along. “It’s a process.” “It’ll take 3 or 4 windows for Ange to get the squad he wants.” “It’s a long term project.”
The same excuses we’ve been hearing for 23 years dusted off and trotted out by the same people.

“They’re used to it here. Don’t play for something important. They don’t want to play under pressure. They don’t want to play under stress. Tottenham’s story is this. Twenty years there is the owner & they never won something. Why?”

The really sad thing is that the signings we have made have been fairly decent and you can see a manager that you want to get behind playing an exciting brand of football. And then you look at the back and see Davies and Royal.

But it can't be that unlucky given how a considerable number of ppl predicted issues with depth end of summer window

Fair enough on the many injures in midfield and attack, but the defence was utterly predictable... MANY of us predicted it would happen.

I agree , I probably said as much myself & when you lose key players with little quality back up in the squad you’re always going to struggle .

We’ve know this since our self imposed transfer embargo . Serious clubs never stand still

Osimhen, Williams, Redondo and Todibo first week in Jan. we’ve had twenty plus years of careful, frugal management - time to go big and win the league

Hi Daniel!

When do the f1 carts go live? Any other exciting synergies we can look forward too as well?!

Think it’s time the stadium had an official disinfectant supplier

Another Football Manager virgin. Hello!! How’s your gaming going?

Show me any club who has signed 4 world class players (under contract at peak age) in the first week of January. Which I believe those 4 are.

I will be waiting……..

I swear for people who follow football religiously enough to join and post on a forum the level of stupidity I see here is off the chart.

Is there one?

Excuse Me Wow GIF by Mashable

Another Football Manager virgin. Hello!! How’s your gaming going?

Show me any club who has signed 4 world class players (under contract at peak age) in the first week of January. Which I believe those 4 are.

I will be waiting……..

I swear for people who follow football religiously enough to join and post on a forum the level of stupidity I see here is off the chart.
Zomb and B-O can speak for themselves BUT turn on ur “exaggerating for effect” detector bruv. I swear for someone posting on the FIGHTING COCK message board the level at which you’re taking their statements literally is surprising (dare I say off the charts). 😆

Point is that based on Levy’s track record, I’m guessing that despite our desperate need, we don’t even have a center back transfer lined up and VDV went down what six - seven weeks ago. I’ll send my apologies to the bald cunt if we announce the signing of Todibo or Dragusin early in the window but I suspect I won’t have to.

And it’s been a while but you can sign up go cart operators and official disinfectant suppliers on football manager now? When did Levy start buying video game companies? 🤣🤣🤣

Last edited:
It's not the spending that's the problem, it's the amount he has wasted over the years.

Yes a chunk has been sorted out, but a half decent club with the financial strength of us should never have been in this position in the first place.

This club has flittered between managers with no real sense of direction or philosophy.

I've been saying the same thing since I joined this site........and still you have the hard of thinking that actually believe that we could spend £414m in one season because we're on some "rich list"

They don't understand that revenue/operating income/gross profit dies not equal spending power.

I've been saying the same thing since I joined this site........and still you have the hard of thinking that actually believe that we could spend £414m in one season because we're on some "rich list"

They don't understand that revenue/operating income/gross profit dies not equal spending power.
We could spend 400M.

Why haven’t we brought in external investment? Why haven’t they sold a small % of their investment to fund a rebuild and grow the revenue/value of the investment? There are ways to make it work….. no-one is advocating 400M every year but as a one-off, it’s more than possible and sets us up to compete for years (and grow revenue and increase investment value).

We could spend 400M.

Why haven’t we brought in external investment? Why haven’t they sold a small % of their investment to fund a rebuild and grow the revenue/value of the investment? There are ways to make it work….. no-one is advocating 400M every year but as a one-off, it’s more than possible and sets us up to compete for years (and grow revenue and increase investment value).
You know I agree in principle but if you bring that many in January with no pre season you can do as much damage as good

We need 3 over the course of the month

CB and a 6 asap though

Fucking hell you lot man, remove the sand from your vaginas 😆

Squad depth blah blah yes everyone knew we were gonna be in this position at some point, the squad was never going to be overhauled in 1 window man lol

At the end of the day you just gotta wait until we finish the rebuild, it's well on course anyway...you already waited '23 years' so I'm you can wait another 1 :thumbup:

You know I agree in principle but if you bring that many in January with no pre season you can do as much damage as good

We need 3 over the course of the month

CB and a 6 asap though
We need three players. The CB has to be first day or so of Jan

I think we need another wide player, I don’t think any of them are top tier. I would flog Richy, Son central and Veliz more involved with a stellar winger.

I’m not even sure we need a midfielder - I would love to see Hoj, Skipp and GLC out though in which case, yeah. Gallagher would do for me as a better squad player

Top of the list CB. Serious winger and Gallagher

Fucking hell you lot man, remove the sand from your vaginas 😆

Squad depth blah blah yes everyone knew we were gonna be in this position at some point, the squad was never going to be overhauled in 1 window man lol

At the end of the day you just gotta wait until we finish the rebuild, it's well on course anyway...you already waited '23 years' so I'm you can wait another 1 :thumbup:
What happens next year with other sides though? They all improve so there is a window of opportunity to compete for the title this season with a few expensive tweaks. 2 or 3 players and I strongly believe we can challenge no matter what happens vs Bournemouth

Agreed entirely.

I posted this midway through 2023 but the big challenge this summer was for bigwigs at the club to sit down and agree on the identity and style of play they want us to follow. Since the tail end of Poch we've had no direction at the club on the football side of things. Now we finally have a manager and style of play most fans will want to support, and the Paratici signings have been good in the main.

A problem is we are still wrestling with the failures from the previous regime which spent some big money but spent it very badly - dropping nearly 60 million on someone not serious about playing professional football must be near top of the list.

For all of the problems this season there has been a marked improvement in identity and application, and Ange has shown more than enough to be backed fully with a sensible buying policy.

Back
Top Bottom