Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

They DID back him.

He didn't want any players in the Jan window before the CL final. From memory he turned down Thielmans and demanded that Eriksen stay or he would walk.
He certainly turned down Coutinho in that period.

My own view is nothing to do with hate or abuse, it just seems that some people seem unable to enjoy a Spurs win such is their loathing of Levy. And every defeat proves their point about him.

It’s called confirmation bias, a condition that renders people incapable of taking a reasoned stance.

For clarification I’m completely ambivalent towards Enic but the reality is until or unless a buyer comes up with the money Joe wants they’re going nowhere, so just relax and watch the football.
And yet, every time we win, nobody complains because they are actually trying to enjoy the win and forget about the bigger picture for a while.

But that's when posters who want to defend the owners like they have birthed them jump in the ENIC thread to say "There have been no complaints for the past 24 hours, where are the melters now? hur hur hur"

So what is it? People complain all the time or people don't complain enough? Getting mixed messages here?

It's almost like a certain faction of individuals are contrarian narcissists just looking for an argument OR they are so deeply embedded with their love for the owners that they can't wait to jump on here and praise them whilst attacking other supporters given any opportunity?

And yet, every time we win, nobody complains because they are actually trying to enjoy the win and forget about the bigger picture for a while.

But that's when posters who want to defend the owners like they have birthed them jump in the ENIC thread to say "There have been no complaints for the past 24 hours, where are the melters now? hur hur hur"

So what is it? People complain all the time or people don't complain enough? Getting mixed messages here?

It's almost like a certain faction of individuals are contrarian narcissists just looking for an argument OR they are so deeply embedded with their love for the owners that they can't wait to jump on here and praise them given any opportunity?
I’ll ask you the same question I’ve asked others (I never get a reply)

To quote you: who has “love for the owners”?

I’ll ask you the same question I’ve asked others (I never get a reply)

To quote you: who has “love for the owners”?
If you're asking this question then it just proves your point about certain posters having confirmation bias (you.)

Have you missed the last few pages alone with The Outsider posting about how people can't love the club unless they love the owners? You can't be that blind on the topic, c'mon...

It's almost like a certain faction of individuals are contrarian narcissists just looking for an argument OR they are so deeply embedded with their love for the owners that they can't wait to jump on here and praise them given any opportunity?

There is no thread with nearly 1,000 pages called "We love Levy/ENIC" and quite rightly so. There is a thread to express your views both positive and negative about Levy/ENIC this is it.

Why then do the anti brigade post on every feckin' thread what a ***** Levy/ENIC are ... after every defeat there they are, 'Levy's a **** get out of my club' you simply don't see after every win posts in every thread saying 'I love Levy please stay forever' .... owners come and go we all know that.

Fair enough if you want to rant or sanctify him then here's the thread, just keep it here. That goes for both pro and con ... try staying on topic then the actual football fans don't need to read the constant whining about Levy/ENIC.

I know this is very hypocritical as I jump all over the anti mob in many threads, I promise to stop if they do, can't say fairer than that.

they are so deeply embedded with their love for the owners that they can't wait to jump on here and praise them
Not this old chestnut again.

"People are levy fans, they live them more than the club, they praise them at every opportunity"

"Nobody does that, provide quotes where people do that"

"Oh....erm...... well......... I can't find any.......but that's what they mean"

If you're asking this question then it just proves your point about certain posters having confirmation bias (you.)

Have you missed the last few pages alone with The Outsider posting about how people can't love the club unless they love the owners? You can't be that blind on the topic, c'mon...

Didn't say that at all - I said if you claim "unconditional love" then you have to love everything regardless, that's what unconditional means.

I fully accept that you can "love" Spurs but that your love is very much conditional - there was not much love from me after the Burnley game that's for feckin' sure.

Nobody 'loves' the owners, well maybe their family, but hating on them simply because City, Utd, Liverpool, Chelsea have had vastly more resources ... what's the point?

Everton got a shiny new owner who spent loadsamoney - how's that working out?

There is no thread with nearly 1,000 pages called "We love Levy/ENIC" and quite rightly so. There is a thread to express your views both positive and negative about Levy/ENIC this is it.

Why then do the anti brigade post on every feckin' thread what a ***** Levy/ENIC are ... after every defeat there they are, 'Levy's a **** get out of my club' you simply don't see after every win posts in every thread saying 'I love Levy please stay forever' .... owners come and go we all know that.

Fair enough if you want to rant or sanctify him then here's the thread, just keep it here. That goes for both pro and con ... try staying on topic then the actual football fans don't need to read the constant whining about Levy/ENIC.

I know this is very hypocritical as I jump all over the anti mob in many threads, I promise to stop if they do, can't say fairer than that.

Why do you care SO MUCH about people being critical of the ownership?

Is it just that you can't stand to let others feel a certain way about them because you hold a contrarian viewpoint? Or is it that you are more deeply invested in them than the football club?

I just can't understand why you seem to care so deeply about the thoughts of others on this subject?

Nobody is forcing you to come into this thread and read the opinions of people who dislike the owners, nobody is forcing you to continuously quote others you disagree with on the matter (that's why an ignore button exists, you don't even have to ignore posters, you can literally ignore the thread...)

You don't see people saying "we love Levy" after every win, what you see is silence and people trying to forget about the bigger picture for once and enjoy the win on the day.

The overall opinion about the owners doesn't change because until they actually do something to prove they have changed their long failing policy on the pitch nobody will believe there is hope.

Also, you don't get to police what people post and where, you have the choice to engage with them or not and you can't seem to avoid engaging with them on this subject.

Why is that? It's my opinion that you can't stand to see the owners attacked, your speech about how supporters should love the whole club, not just pick and choose kind of proves that.

The owners aren't the club and they never will be, that's a fact. Nobody should have to love them.

Didn't say that at all -
No you didn't, but we all know what you meant....we see through you...... nothing worse than a Levy lover who denies he's a Levy lover.....why not just be honest you cuck, bot, Levy loving cultist.

Bored To Death Yawn GIF by Rose McGowan

Not this old chestnut again.

"People are levy fans, they live them more than the club, they praise them at every opportunity"

"Nobody does that, provide quotes where people do that"

"Oh....erm...... well......... I can't find any.......but that's what they mean"
There are multiple pages of the outsider saying how supporters can't pick and choose who they love and to love the club you have to love it all, including the owners.

Why do you need me to provide you proof of things all the time instead of using your own eyeballs? That's why I didn't engage with you before because your rhetoric is disingenuous.

Whatever I waste my time providing you with would never be sufficient enough.

There are multiple pages of the outsider saying how supporters can't pick and choose who they love and to love the club you have to love it all, including the owners.

Why do you need me to provide you proof of things all the time instead of using your own eyeballs? That's why I didn't engage with you before because your rhetoric is disingenuous.

Whatever I waste my time providing you with would never be sufficient enough.
No, that's your bias that makes you think that's what he said.

He explained himself clearly and fully in his follow up post but your blinkered view does not allow you to acknowledge his point.

We have the 4th highest net spend in the PL since 2018 but that information is wasted on you as you refuse to accept facts .

Why do you care SO MUCH about people being critical of the ownership?

Is it just that you can't stand to let others feel a certain way about them because you hold a contrarian viewpoint? Or is it that you are more deeply invested in them than the football club?

I just can't understand why you seem to care so deeply about the thoughts of others on this subject?

Nobody is forcing you to come into this thread and read the opinions of people who dislike the owners, nobody is forcing you to continuously quote others you disagree with on the matter (that's why an ignore button exists, you don't even have to ignore posters, you can literally ignore the thread...)

You don't see people saying "we love Levy" after every win, what you see is silence and people trying to forget about the bigger picture for once and enjoy the win on the day.

The overall opinion about the owners doesn't change because until they actually do something to prove they have changed their long failing policy on the pitch nobody will believe there is hope.

Also, you don't get to police what people post and where, you have the choice to engage with them or not and you can't seem to avoid engaging with them on this subject.

Why is that? It's my opinion that you can't stand to see the owners attacked, your speech about how supporters should love the whole club, not just pick and choose kind of proves that.

The owners aren't the club and they never will be, that's a fact. Nobody should have to love them.

I don't - read my posts - you can have any opinion you want that's your right and the whole point of a debating forum.

What I object to is people telling me that 90% of fans want ENIC out, that anyone who supports ENIC or Levy is somehow not a real fan.

Your opinion is very reasonable, you just claim it for yourself not the entire Spurs family, my opinion is that a large part of the fan base recognise the massive improvements ENIC / Levy have brought whilst at the same time wishing like feck that we'd win something, but that's only my informed opinion and I would never claim it as a fact.

You shouldn't love / hate any owners, they come and go who gives a shit, nobody is saying that you must. But equally you don't have to abuse them either, to try and dictate how everyone should or shouldn't think, ridiculous.

Opinions are like arseholes, everyone has one nobody really likes another one very much.

Explain 'long failing' compared to what? The glorious success of the nineties when we averaged 9th place in the league and nearly went bust? Compared to most clubs we have been reasonably successful, we just can't quite get over that final line, yes it is frustrating as feck, but is it really failing? It's not as if we were regularly in the top four or winning Leagues and European Trophies, well not in my 60 years anyway.

No, that's your bias that makes you think that's what he said.

He explained himself clearly and fully in his follow up post but your blinkered view does not allow you to acknowledge his point.

We have the 4th highest net spend in the PL since 2018 but that information is wasted on you as you refuse to accept facts .
Jesus christ, even in his follow up post it was laced with contradictions "To show unconditional love, you have to love everything unconditionally" but the thing is, people can show unconditional love for the club without loving the owners because the owners are NOT the football club, they never have been and never will be, the two things are separate in the minds of the fans.

Also, we don't have the "4th highest net spend since 2018" that is just an absolute lie, one google search would tell you that.

Let's just settle this right now The Outsider The Outsider give me a straightforward yes or no answer.

Can the supporters truly love the football club without being required to love the owners?

Yes or no?

*edit* He has clarified in a follow up post that you shouldn't have to love or hate the owners to love the club so the debate is settled.

I don't - read my posts - you can have any opinion you want that's your right and the whole point of a debating forum.

What I object to is people telling me that 90% of fans want ENIC out, that anyone who supports ENIC or Levy is somehow not a real fan.

Your opinion is very reasonable, you just claim it for yourself not the entire Spurs family, my opinion is that a large part of the fan base recognise the massive improvements ENIC / Levy have brought whilst at the same time wishing like feck that we'd win something, but that's only my informed opinion and I would never claim it as a fact.

You shouldn't love / hate any owners, they come and go who gives a shit, nobody is saying that you must.
But equally you don't have to abuse them either, to try and dictate how everyone should or shouldn't think, ridiculous.

Opinions are like arseholes, everyone has one nobody really likes another one very much.

Explain 'long failing' compared to what? The glorious success of the nineties when we averaged 9th place in the league and nearly went bust? Compared to most clubs we have been reasonably successful, we just can't quite get over that final line, yes it is frustrating as feck, but is it really failing? It's not as if we were regularly in the top four or winning Leagues and European Trophies, well not in my 60 years anyway.

The bolded I completely agree with, that is a reasonable and well measured opinion and is exactly how I feel on the subject.

Back
Top Bottom