Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

And secondly, where have I ever stated that Levy will back Conte in the summer?
If we fail to back Conte and he walks, will you be angry?

or will you just shrug your shoulders, not even care and continue to spend your days in the Levy / ENIC thread patronising and ridiculing Spurs fans who want to see their football team win?

:sonhmm:

JT think about that - you are saying that every owner who has not won a trophy should sell up - that's about 87 club owners in the UK.

The reasons we don't have the recent trophies of City, Chelsea, Utd, Woolwich and Liverpool is that since the early eighties we dropped miles behind the big three on income, in fact when ENIC took over we were outside the top twenty in Europe and barely sixth in the UK .... ENIC like any temporary custodians of our club had the task of bringing us as close to financially competitive as they could - are you honestly saying they've failed that role?

Sure we could sell up to Abro or a Middle East Nation ... do you actually want that?

Name the other clubs who haven't been financially doped who are winning trophies, pretty short list isn't it.

You can hate away, let me appreciate the positives - we clearly have a very different take on what 'support' means and that fine, just stop telling everyone your right "The overwhelming majority of our fanbase have had enough of ENIC" that's just your opinion, in my opinion it's simply not true.

Gotta say I disagree. From everything I’ve read on social media etc, I’d say the vast majority have, rightly, had enough of Enic.

If you claim undying love for the club then you can't just pick and choose the bits you of Spurs you like, the family analogy being very apt if you just think about it.

The issue I have with your stance is your oft repeated line that 'the vast majority agree with me' all the available evidence says that's total rubbish.

In my opinion most fans couldn't give two fucks about the owners, sure Levy as the MD is relevant, but it's managers, players and results that matter.

I've asked you this many time but I'll try again - what good and how supportive do you think endlessly cunting off Joe and DL is? - what do you think it will achieve?

From my viewpoint you and imo the tiny minority obsessed with ownership above football are missing the point. But, as I've also told you repeatedly, you support in your way I will in mine - just stop telling me 90% of fans agree with you when self-evidently that simply isn't true. If it were true the stadium would be empty, wouldn't it?
So you do indeed think that Newcastle fans who didn't love Mike Ashley didn't love their football club.
You think those that don't love their Saudi owners don't love their football club.
And Liverpool fans who didn't love Gillette and Hicks didn't love their football club
And so on and so forth.

At least we've cleared that up. The other forum members can make their own minds up on your theory I guess......

Don't even engage with him mate.

The moment someone starts blaming Pochettino for the disgusting neglection of our football team for one and a half years is the moment they reveal their colours.

Sickening
Agreed, although I'm considering a bin vote for your shocking use of the non-existent word "neglection".

I cite the Oxford English Dictionary...

Neglect (n)
mass noun
  • 1. The state of being uncared for.
    ‘there was a hopeless air of neglect hanging over Tottenham as the club failed to back the manager over two transfer windows’

1960s-man-wearing-dunce-cap-vintage-images.jpg

So you do indeed think that Newcastle fans who didn't love Mike Ashley didn't love their football club.
You think those that don't love their Saudi owners don't love their football club.
And Liverpool fans who didn't love Gillette and Hicks didn't love their football club
And so on and so forth.

At least we've cleared that up. The other forum members can make their own minds up on your theory I guess......

What are you on about?

I couldn't give a shit about Newcastle, City, Liverpool or Chelsea .... try staying on topic.

You are obsessed with hating our owners - in my opinion most fans are not bothered. At last you've accepted the point that you don't speak for anyone but yourself - "The other forum members can make their own minds" - let's hope you can stick to that. I give it about 24 hours ;)

:roflmao:Agreed, although I'm considering a bin vote for your shocking use of the non-existent word "neglection".

I cite the Oxford English Dictionary...

Neglect (n)
mass noun
  • 1. The state of being uncared for.
    ‘there was a hopeless air of neglect hanging over Tottenham as the club failed to back the manager over two transfer windows’

1960s-man-wearing-dunce-cap-vintage-images.jpg

I'll be honest, it didn't quite look right as I spelt it. :memeokay:

OK so you're saying that the Board now counts not Managers, Players and Results ..... each to there own I guess.

I see it in a way that owner action (or inaction) stifles the ability of managers and players to achieve results. Almost as if they put them in an unwinnable situation.

I didn't always feel this way but the cycle has repeated itself so many times now. We are always a couple of injuries away from being an average mid table team and the lack of squad turnover in recent years has really been a self inflicted weakness as we see some of our best players move clubs, burn out, or seek a move away (as well as how exhausted some of them look about once in every 2/3 games).

Broadly speaking in terms of spurs fans I encounter, and other team fans, I think the above is all common knowledge and generally agreed with.

So my opinion is that if we are all aware of these limitations, the energy spent on moaning about managers/players who were already placed in a very difficult situation might be best spent collectively directed at the overarching reason that we've seen this cycle repeat itself over 10 years.

My naively optimistic hope is that with enough support, we may see a change in owner policy. If not, I ultimately think its in the fans interest for ENIC to find owners who are more passionate about football ASAP.

What are you on about?

I couldn't give a shit about Newcastle, City, Liverpool or Chelsea .... try staying on topic.

You are obsessed with hating our owners - in my opinion most fans are not bothered. At last you've accepted the point that you don't speak for anyone but yourself - "The other forum members can make their own minds" - let's hope you can stick to that. I give it about 24 hours ;)
Stop back tracking. You clearly said I cannot Love the football club if I don't love the owners.

Stop digging yourself in and admit it was a silly thing to suggest. You'll at least salvage some respect that way. Please. You can do it.

If we fail to back Conte and he walks, will you be angry?

or will you just shrug your shoulders, not even care and continue to spend your days in the Levy / ENIC thread patronising and ridiculing Spurs fans who want to see their football team win?

:sonhmm:
I’ll probably have a bit of a moan for a little while, but then I have a sense of perspective.

My life is not consumed by Daniel Levy, unlike yourself.

I see it in a way that owner action (or inaction) stifles the ability of managers and players to achieve results. Almost as if they put them in an unwinnable situation.

I didn't always feel this way but the cycle has repeated itself so many times now. We are always a couple of injuries away from being an average mid table team and the lack of squad turnover in recent years has really been a self inflicted weakness as we see some of our best players move clubs, burn out, or seek a move away (as well as how exhausted some of them look about once in every 2/3 games).

Broadly speaking in terms of spurs fans I encounter, and other team fans, I think the above is all common knowledge and generally agreed with.

So my opinion is that if we are all aware of these limitations, the energy spent on moaning about managers/players who were already placed in a very difficult situation might be best spent collectively directed at the overarching reason that we've seen this cycle repeat itself over 10 years.

My naively optimistic hope is that with enough support, we may see a change in owner policy. If not, I ultimately think its in the fans interest for ENIC to find owners who are more passionate about football ASAP.

That's a very measured view, and indeed I would go along with that, culminating in the transfer fiasco 2018, however since then we've spend 500 million on players, appointed two of the most prestigious managers on the planet, on massive salaries, that should, and I stress should, finally start addressing the issues on the pitch with all the off the pitch problems now sorted.

Indeed I think without COVID throwing a massive road bump in everyone's plans we would be even further forward than we are now. In my opinion the energy spent shouting at people who aren't listening or don't care is entirely wasted, but each to their own on that one.

and for what it's worth, everyone at the club who know about this far more than me, say Levy is the hardest working most dedicated man they've ever met - he genuinely loves the club like all fans do.

That's not to excuse 'failure' but then is moving from 8th best when he took over to 5th best which we are now a failure? or simply not good enough to meet our expectations?

Stop back tracking. You clearly said I cannot Love the football club if I don't love the owners.

Stop digging yourself in and admit it was a silly thing to suggest. You'll at least salvage some respect that way. Please. You can do it.

Whatever - you moan away I'll ignore you - fair enough? If you consider cunting people off as support then have at it, I simply don't agree.

Back
Top Bottom