Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

TLiNh4G.png

So hope this takeover can happen and we are rid of ENIC.
It almost makes me want some rich cunt to buy us, ruin us financially and see us scrapping in League Two just so I can say 'are you happy now?'...

Almost

Hull City's owner has put them up for sale because he's not allowed to change their fucking name! Cardiff are a complete shambles, QPR has spent way above their means and are nowhere near any success or even consistency in the PL. Newcastle are owned by a complete cunt who uses the stadium to promote his main business. Chelsea are no doubt run on corrupt billions from Russia. City run on oil billions that are drying up. Glazers bought Man Utd with loans and saddled club with the debts, and are now selling shares and pocketing the cash themselves rather than paying that debt off. Woolwich fail to achieve any consistent success yet happily promote they have £170m sat in the bank, yet they only have 2 first team CB's on the books. Villa have stuttered considerably since they sacked O'Neill as they thought they were better than him. Charlton didn't extend Curbishley's contract as they thought he'd taken them as far as he could - where are they now? Palace lost their manager just a few days before this season kicked off due to disagreements. Sunderland bankrolled about 15 transfers under Di Canio and then sacked him.

We're not alone. And we're not the worst. Far from it.

It almost makes me want some rich cunt to buy us, ruin us financially and see us scrapping in League Two just so I can say 'are you happy now?'...

Almost

Hull City's owner has put them up for sale because he's not allowed to change their fucking name! Cardiff are a complete shambles, QPR has spent way above their means and are nowhere near any success or even consistency in the PL. Newcastle are owned by a complete cunt who uses the stadium to promote his main business. Chelsea are no doubt run on corrupt billions from Russia. City run on oil billions that are drying up. Glazers bought Man Utd with loans and saddled club with the debts, and are now selling shares and pocketing the cash themselves rather than paying that debt off. Woolwich fail to achieve any consistent success yet happily promote they have £170m sat in the bank, yet they only have 2 first team CB's on the books. Villa have stuttered considerably since they sacked O'Neill as they thought they were better than him. Charlton didn't extend Curbishley's contract as they thought he'd taken them as far as he could - where are they now? Palace lost their manager just a few days before this season kicked off due to disagreements. Sunderland bankrolled about 15 transfers under Di Canio and then sacked him.

We're not alone. And we're not the worst. Far from it.
Don't worry, your come out with a huge, obscene profit .

Last edited:
Chelsea are no doubt run on corrupt billions from Russia. City run on oil billions that are drying up. Glazers bought Man Utd with loans and saddled club with the debts, and are now selling shares and pocketing the cash themselves rather than paying that debt off. Woolwich fail to achieve any consistent success yet happily promote they have £170m sat in the bank, yet they only have 2 first team CB's on the books. Villa have stuttered considerably since they sacked O'Neill as they thought they were better than him.

I agree with most of that, but be very clear City's 'oil billions' are most definitely not 'drying up' anytime soon. This project is small change to their owners.

Seventh most profitable club in the world in regards to TV revenue.

Seventh most profitable club in the world in regards to TV revenue.

That is amazing really when you think about it.

Look at the Spanish league - over 35% of TV revenue split between two clubs. To the detriment of their league as well. Nothing worse than watching Real Madrid vs Almeria. It's absolute tosh.

Personally, I do enjoy most Spanish and German football. Serie A however is a different story.
That surprises me.

A top vs bottom clash in the Bundesliga is worlds apart from the same scenario in La Liga. Not even comparable really.

Serie A is complete dross from top to bottom. Ligue 1 has overtaken in my opinion.

I look at it this way, we're about the 6th biggest team in the league and our position is about that. To go beyond where we are needs a lot of money spending, we might be able to afford it, we might not.

Say someone else comes in, what do you want?

I ask because though he's guilty of some bad decisions, so is the leadership of every club, no one can get it right all the time or please everyone. Would you seriously want to be chairman? I wouldn't!

Back
Top Bottom