Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I’m not sure if that’s a yes or a no?

I’m not defending anything here, just don’t know.

Hopefully someone else can help me with an actual answer.
Would there be any reason for it that doesn't come across as being fucking greedy and short sighted?

All it's going to do is price fans out of going to games and hinder future generations, the lifeblood of any club...or maybe they're happy with a load of tourists instead...

Would there be any reason for it that doesn't come across as being fucking greedy and short sighted?

All it's going to do is price fans out of going to games and hinder future generations, the lifeblood of any club...or maybe they're happy with a load of tourists instead...
No reason at all. It is greedy and short sighted.

Wasn’t really what I was asking though.

Do all clubs have a specific number of concession tickets? I would imagine they would have to so they can forecast their financials correctly?
Good questions.

No one knows. And apparently THFC has not been transparent in response to questions from the supporters trust about how many concession tickets are made available for each match. Or so it was claimed on today’s episode of the TFC podcast.

The host of the podcast today said that income from the increased ticket sales at Tottenham represent about 0.6% of the club’s revenue. And I think for total match day revenue the figure of only 2.6% was mentioned.

If this is correct, then the variance caused by giving concessions to all who qualify (a small fraction of those percentages) is not going to be a threat to the club’s financials.

Of course, in other clubs with less sponsorship and TV money, ticket sales might be more significant segment of the pie and the financial risks correspondingly greater.

Last edited:
Good questions.

No one knows. And apparently THFC has not been transparent in response to questions from the supporters trust about how many concession tickets are made available for each match. Or so it was claimed on today’s episode of the TFC podcast.

The host of the podcast today said that income from the increased ticket sales at Tottenham represent about 0.6% of the club’s revenue. And I think for total match day revenue the figure of only 2.6% was mentioned.

If this is correct, then the variance caused by giving concessions to all who qualify (a small fraction of those percentages) is not going to be a threat to the club’s financials.

Of course, in other clubs with less sponsorship and TV money, ticket sales might be more significant segment of the pie and the financial risks correspondingly greater.
Cheers for that. I’d imagine no club would want to have too many beige wearing old folk or too many kids at the ground, so would just have a percentage of tickets for each.

Doesn’t make it any less of a money grab though.

Listening to the TFC podcast on exploiting loyalty.

it’s unbelievable what the board have got away with, without delivering any success.

They aren’t going to change either.

Really don’t understand why there are so many passionate defenders of the way they behave.

Cheers for that. I’d imagine no club would want to have too many beige wearing old folk or too many kids at the ground, so would just have a percentage of tickets for each.
On the same episode of TFC (well worth a listen) reps from the supporters trust said the fanbase (not just at Spurs but in the whole PL?) is aging. Young people prefer to sit at home and stream, it seems. This was in the context of rising prices and attracting the next generation of supporters.

Might be only beige wearing old folk soon!

On the same episode of TFC (well worth a listen) reps from the supporters trust said the fanbase (not just at Spurs but in the whole PL?) is aging. Young people prefer to sit at home and stream, it seems. This was in the context of rising prices and attracting the next generation of supporters.

Might be only beige wearing old folk soon!
True of the whole sports industry globally.

They've broken the conveyor belt of fandom by pricing their future out of matchgoing.

Why 15% though?

Just buy the entire club kick out that bald cunt for good.

We will never win anything meaningful as long as the bald cunt is still associated with this football club
It’s a good start, and could generate short term spending on the first team and will likely result in a full purchase at some point. I’ve thought for a while that a minority sale is the right and most likely next step, let’s hope they don’t trouser the full 15% and instead use it to create a better side and in turn grow the value of the club (and 85% becomes 85% of a bigger amount)

Back
Top Bottom