Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Rice is a better (and younger) player than Maddison, so in that sense, yes, it's the better signing.

However, *if* we had the same 105M to spend, with our current squad and needs, Maddison for 40 is a much better signing than Rice for the whole 105

IF
Is he?

maddison-table-1687951172-110204.png

How are folk comparing Rice to Maddison, they're completely different players?

They’re just trying to bash levy for not spending £105 million on a player because we have more areas of the team to improve than just 2 or 3 like them. Despite the fact Man City pulled out at £90 million and Chelsea, Man Utd and Liverpool didn’t want to pay that either despite all probably wanting the player. It’s apparently levy’s fault he’s gone there despite us signing Maddison. Some people just have them on the brain.

Ok, as you're being a dick.

Do you really think signing Rice is better than signing Maddison?

You realise we have also signed a keeper this week too? I struggle to see how you think Woolwich are showing us up?
Not showing us up but Rice is a good player and could be a stellar signing. Maddison is the better deal pound for pound I would think

They’re just trying to bash levy for not spending £105 million on a player because we have more areas of the team to improve than just 2 or 3 like them. Despite the fact Man City pulled out at £90 million and Chelsea, Man Utd and Liverpool didn’t want to pay that either despite all probably wanting the player. It’s apparently levy’s fault he’s gone there despite us signing Maddison. Some people just have them on the brain.

Thought bashing Levy was out of fashion lately, clearly not 😆

No

My criticism would be whether Levy would done a similar deal when we flying in 2016-2018 and he didn’t

Rice is a better (and younger) player than Maddison, so in that sense, yes, it's the better signing.

However, *if* we had the same 105M to spend, with our current squad and needs, Maddison for 40 is a much better signing than Rice for the whole 105

IF

£40m for Maddison is WAY better than £105m for Rice and there is no argument on earth that can convince me otherwise.

No

My criticism would be whether Levy would done a similar deal when we flying in 2016-2018 and he didn’t

We should let go of the past

At the end of the day Levy fucked up massively and we have been paying for it but it looks like the penny has finally dropped this Summer.

£40m for Maddison is WAY better than £105m for Rice and there is no argument on earth that can convince me otherwise.
Time will tell. They could Rice for ten years and win things in which case it’s the better deal. 100% here and now Maddison is the better deal (30M not 40M if Winks goes ;-))

We should let go of the past

At the end of the day Levy fucked up massively and we have been paying for it but it looks like the penny has finally dropped this Summer.
Hard to let go of that missed opportunity. We had an amazing 11 and completely shit the bed

Agree tho. Early, sensible deals in key positions suggest a step change

Back
Top Bottom