Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Remember the league cup final against Chavs. Chav tickets going on the secondary market for £100 quid ours going for £200-300. For the champions league final ours going for £400-500 but Liverpool’s going for £1000. It showed fanbases, Liverpool above, us in the middle and Chelsea at the bottom.

I think our hardcore fanbase is still a lot bigger than Chavs. If there was a 200k stadium in London we could still fill it, I don’t think Chavs could but Chavs global Twitter fanbase is miles ahead of ours. They have a much bigger global following and more new fans, we still own the hardcore but for Chelsea that doesn’t matter as they aren’t funded by their fans they are funded by their owners.

When Gillingham have won more than our haul of 26 trophies, and Gillingham constantly look more likely to add to it, and players want to go to Gillingham over Spurs, and new football fans follow them rather than us, then yes, Gillingham would be a bigger club than us.
Being a "big club" is not permanent and it's not an entitlement based off past glories.

Counted them all have you?
Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit

Remember the league cup final against Chavs. Chav tickets going on the secondary market for £100 quid ours going for £200-300. For the champions league final ours going for £400-500 but Liverpool’s going for £1000. It showed fanbases, Liverpool above, us in the middle and Chelsea at the bottom.

I think our hardcore fanbase is still a lot bigger than Chavs. If there was a 200k stadium in London we could still fill it, I don’t think Chavs could but Chavs global Twitter fanbase is miles ahead of ours. They have a much bigger global following and more new fans, we still own the hardcore but for Chelsea that doesn’t matter as they aren’t funded by their fans they are funded by their owners.
I see your point but in Madrid £3000 (l offered) didn't get you ticket , there were double the Liverpool fans in the city but any end was gold dust and the same price

I see your point but in Madrid £3000 (l offered) didn't get you ticket , there were double the Liverpool fans in the city but any end was gold dust and the same price

Yeh I was just looking at mates app, Liverpool fan he is always look at tickets and went out his way to prove to me how much demand there is for Liverpool tickets. We however are generally better than everyone bar United, Liverpool and Woolwich which I think still shows how big we are fan wise or at least hardcore fan wise.

John Thomas John Thomas - no answer to my question then.

Tired Zzz GIF by Noah Cyrus

Which of the following clubs is bigger than us?

Manchester United
Liverpool
Woolwich
Manchester City
Chelsea
In terms of being able to wring self-sustaining revenue flows from on-pitch success (which is what counts most in the FFP era), I think United is the only one you could compellingly argue are bigger, and with the current state of Old Trafford even that has some degree of question marks.

As operated by Daniel Levy however Spurs will not be in the stratosphere of any of them nor Newcastle and the gap behind to Everton, West Ham and Villa, among others, is shrinking rapidly.

In terms of being able to wring self-sustaining revenue flows from on-pitch success (which is what counts most in the FFP era), I think United is the only one you could compellingly argue are bigger, and with the current state of Old Trafford even that has some degree of question marks.

As operated by Daniel Levy however Spurs will not be in the stratosphere of any of them nor Newcastle and the gap behind to Everton, West Ham and Villa, among others, is shrinking rapidly.
You don’t think Liverpool are a bigger club than us with a bigger history and more fans?

OooooookaAaayyyy

You don’t think Liverpool are a bigger club than us with a bigger history and more fans?

OooooookaAaayyyy
They're certainly a more historically important club, but so are Celtic, so are Ajax, so are River Plate.

They're very close to us in terms of revenue generation ability (which you'll note is the metric I stated I am applying), there's not a ton in it, but the new stadium gives us an edge, even considering the renovation work they've done.

Us, Woolwich and Liverpool are broadly similar in business scale terms. For now. The way Spurs are operated a chasm is opening.

They're certainly a more historically important club, but so are Celtic, so are Ajax, so are River Plate.

They're very close to us in terms of revenue generation ability (which you'll note is the metric I stated I am applying), there's not a ton in it, but the new stadium gives us an edge, even considering the renovation work they've done.

Us, Woolwich and Liverpool are broadly similar in business scale terms. For now. The way Spurs are operated a chasm is opening.
If revenue generation is all you’re looking at + closing the gap with Liverpool and Woolwich… then you’re the biggest ENIC fanboy out there.

Has revenue generation slowed in the past 5 years?
Not remotely, season 22/23 will be our peak in absolute and relative terms.

The MEANS of generating revenue on the other hand, that is, the competitive fortunes and long-term trajectory of the football club, have collapsed.

I have liberated myself from the burden of feeling the need to argue about this. The truth goes marching on.

Back
Top Bottom