Leicester away, Saturday 3 PM

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Let's just be honest here. We have a mediocre team. Compare our team individuals with those of Woolwich, Chelsea or City and they're far ahead of us. Apart from Eriksen, Lloris, Kane and Alderweireld, who are decent players (Lloris is World Class), our players are just midtable quality.

Kane, Eriksen, Mason, Dier, Walker, Rose, Townsend, now Alli, Carroll, Pritchard and Njie.

So many young guns, I actually love this team. It is going to be fun watching it grow and succeed.

images

That dark shadow did cross my mind at half time ... it is AVB without Bale.

At half time when? Last season at home to Liverpool or the West Brom game 3wks later? That's when it started.

We are not that far away if you count 3 quality signings as not far away. However, because of the actual minute chance of us making those signings we are miles away .

For all negatives there's a few bright things:

I love Kane. Gives his all, every time, all game. Alli scored and fought well. Dembele played well.

Of all the negatives, one is not going away unless we just fucking sell Lamela.

I mean come on, we all want him to do well, for it to suddenly click and all that but this kid is miles off being top level, let alone consistently good.

If we get a £15-20m bid from Juve we must snap their hands off.

Could've looked to ditch him and gone for Shaqiri and had just as much chance of him becoming a top player at 23 with the experience he has already. It's not even hindsight, the opportunity was staring us in the face.

Interesting read. I gather Lamela was shit (seemed like 3 straight pages of no comments but that) and Vertonghen did his usual backy off thing. Good to hear Alli scored - should have started. Poch should try and work the new boys into the team as soon as possible - it would shake up our rather predictable regular formation.

Sounds like a political broadcast for a 7 year old .

Other than Kane and Alli, I genuinely couldnt give two shits if everyone in his list was sold.

Njie will be shit because we are Spurs, Pritchard will be good enough probably, but Poch wont like him and he´ll be sold to Palace..Rose had a good season so now he´ll be shit.

Even poor Kane looks shit.

Love Tottenham

People going on about Poch, and fair enough, but Southampton didn't play this slowly (I admit I haven't seen today's game). Some of the players must take responsibility.

Interesting read. I gather Lamela was shit (seemed like 3 straight pages of no comments but that) and Vertonghen did his usual backy off thing. Good to hear Alli scored - should have started. Poch should try and work the new boys into the team as soon as possible - it would shake up our rather predictable regular formation.
Lamela is the big mystery. They must see something in him, but his first touch is poor, he can't see a pass, and when he does he can't actually make it. He doesn't really beat people one-on-one, and his defending is unbelievable. Sometimes he manages to get on the wrong side of the man when that is harder than doing the right thing. I don't get it.

Jan was fine overall, the goal was a comedy of errors, he was just trying to cover the last one.

Other than Kane and Alli, I genuinely couldnt give two shits if everyone in his list was sold.

Njie will be shit because we are Spurs, Pritchard will be good enough probably, but Poch wont like him and he´ll be sold to Palace..Rose had a good season so now he´ll be shit.

Even poor Kane looks shit.

Love Tottenham
Haha, that's the spirit.

My view on today was limited to a slightly iffy feed, so if I am being harsh it maybe my irritation at my ISP as well as Poch.

Our tactics appeared to be; bore our opponent into defeat. Play square. Play without pace & generally hope for a bit of luck here and there. Also, there seemed to be a desperate inability to react to the opposition way of playing, no attempts really made to put pressure on and commit them.

Leicester City, who have taken a massive amount of points since Spring, seemed to have drive, a set up, an ability to switch play & generally mix it up.

How they can match us or indeed be above us in such a short span is highly concerning.

As with Far too many other seasons we have chucked in the first 3 games. The team must sense the dilly dallying and fucking about from the top down.

We played "ok" in our first 3 games and did not win. We are due a period of playing poorly and not winning as well....

One last point....Lamela, I have to concede....he just needs to FUCK OFF and take Poch with him ( and Levy and Baldini and all the other tumors slowly killing off our Club )

Back
Top Bottom