Leeds United vs Tottenham Hotspur | Saturday 8 May | 12.30 KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

True, but on the Eriksen front I think its important to realize we kept him precisely because how close we were to silverware and how key to that he was. If we'd cashed in, Poch likely would have walked.

Didn't matter in the end. But we've been pretty shit at buying, regardless of circumstance.
I'm honestly not sure about this part, I thought the rumours were that there was a deal with Barcelona brokered to sell Eriksen (potentially with Coutinho coming in on loan the other way) and Levy pulled the plug, pissing off Poch.

If true you can track that as the moment Eriksen's form went to shit for us.

Holy fuck I’m going insane. We fucking spent much less than what the rest of the top 4 has spent. Bbbb bbut we can’t compete with City and Man Ure. Don’t fucking cry about top 4 and titles then. In today’s football all that matters is investment. If you don’t invest you’re left behind.
Rest of the top 4? Is the implication here that Spurs are a top 4 club?

I'm honestly not sure about this part, I thought the rumours were that there was a deal with Barcelona brokered to sell Eriksen (potentially with Coutinho coming in on loan the other way) and Levy pulled the plug, pissing off Poch.

If true you can track that as the moment Eriksen's form went to shit for us.
And underwhelming bonanza transfer bust on loan from a Spanish giant, you say? Why did we pass that up?!

:baleshock:

Some day we‘ll all look back on these times and say "..........
I'll bounce my grandson on my knee and say:

Lad, this was the moment the Potter revolution began. I really thought Sir Chris Cowlin was going to storm the gates of NWHL and execute Levy and Donna Cullen on the spot, but thank God for that Alasdair Gold for talking the crowd down. They settled for a simple tar and feathering, such was the fashion at the time.

Anyway dear boy, I do ramble on... little did we know the great storm of 2022 was coming to wipe Merseyside and Manchester off this green isle of ours and Thomas Tuchel would be arrested for noncery only three games into the next season. The xGangsters they called us. Ahhh, by the Gods, I was strong then.

It goes beyond the negotiating though, I think even Levy's harshest critics can see that we're in a much better place in terms of profile, stadium, training ground, infrastructure, than we were when ENIC came in. They benefitted from increasing PL revenue but also deserve credit where it's due.

The biggest problem now is that there's nowhere else to go for Levy's talents. Everything is built except for a world class team. Someone else, because he is certainly incapable, needs to take charge of that task.
He has turned Tottenham into a profitable business I will give him that, but let’s be honest how much of us being so good was due to Us getting lucky with poch and Kane? Without them 2 I doubt we would have been a top 4 club!

He has turned Tottenham into a profitable business I will give him that, but let’s be honest how much of us being so good was due to Us getting lucky with poch and Kane? Without them 2 I doubt we would have been a top 4 club!

This is not a defense of Levy, but we were a top 4 club before Poch and Kane were here.

When people say a player/manager is clueless or shit, it's relative to their peers, not the posters on a forum. So it's not that amazing.

Otherwise, we might as well not ever talk about football, as none of us are coaching or playing in the Premier League, so who are we to have an opinion?

Mason is well out of his depth and half of our players are just plain shit. They are all a lot better than I would be at the job though...
It's the polarisation of opinion that tiresome.
I would have settled for "still got a lot to learn" rather than some of the insults thrown at him. Some of the opinions on here aren't worth the toilet paper they last wiped their arses with

Back
Top Bottom