Leeds United vs Tottenham Hotspur | Saturday 8 May | 12.30 KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

But Dier plays ! Rodon not even on the bench !
Ndombele ?
This is not our best 11

I agree. Midfield looks like it might lack mobility and strength against a much better side today than Sheffield United. Lucas and Ndombele better if fit for me. Glad to be proved wrong though. Bigger test today for Dier as well

Good starting team, good to have strong options on the bench aswell, Mason is making this much more straightforward which is what it needed.

Lucas and Ndombele you could argue hard luck but just get the last 4 games done and hopefully winning and the new manager can decide what he wants

One thing though that's dawned on me...

If we win the last 4, that would be 6 wins from 6 with Mason in charge in the league.. If we get top 4 also by winning those matches, it's going to be hard to argue against him being given a chance next season as much as I don't think he's ready. 6 from 6 would show the players are working for him though
Both Lucas and Ndombele have been out injured in previous Mason games, which wasn't confirmed until Mason's pre-match press conf for this game on Friday. They have trained this week though which is good and means he has even more viable options from the bench should he need them.

No need to change a team that's played well. Although this game will be a big test, they've beaten City and held Liverpool, Chavs & Man U to draws in their last 7 games.

If Mason wants to continue playing with more energy and pressing then he can achieve this with a fit bench of Ndombele & Lucas e.g. Swap Lo Celso out for Ndombele and Lucas for Bale will do this, both still have 90min fitness question marks if we are playing a more energetic approach. (assuming there's no tactical or injury-related switch that's required).

Back
Top Bottom