la liga good or bad league ,

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The top end sides in Spain are far superior to everywhere else. But from about 4th down the premier league is far superior. Perfect example is Eibar who are 14th. They are somehow good enough and able to get more than a point a game in La Liga while Everton aren't able to achieve that in England!

If you can catch a game between the top 6 in Spain I'd highly recommend watching it

The top end sides in Spain are far superior to everywhere else. But from about 4th down the premier league is far superior. Perfect example is Eibar who are 14th. They are somehow good enough and able to get more than a point a game in La Liga while Everton aren't able to achieve that in England!

If you can catch a game between the top 6 in Spain I'd highly recommend watching it

Not so sure about that.
La Liga has what? 3 or 4 sides still in European competitions besides Real and Barca, whereas PL is left with Everton alone.

The story about a huge gap between top sides and the rest is only true in Portugal and, to a lesser extent, Germany and France. In Spain the gap is not that big.
After Real and Barca you have Atletico (CL finalist), Sevilla (EL winners) and other very good teams such as Valencia and Villarreal and decent ones in Malaga and Bilbao. After that there is quite a decline.
Anyways that means 9 decent-to-very good teams all able to be competitive in European stages.

By looking at the current PL table you would argue that down to West Ham (maybe?) there are decent teams. That would be 10 (11 with Everton being quite an outlier, like current Dortmund in Bundes).
11 v 9 does not make up for the gap between top 2-3 teams.

Serie A is in between the former two in terms of number of decent teams, but it completely lacks top end quality, so... much inferior to both.

In Bundes you got Bayern, and then other 4 good teams. After that, except Dortmund, it's borderline crap.

In Ligue 1 it's PSG and Lyon, then you have 3 more decent/good teams, and that's it.

In Portugal it's Porto and Benfica. Sporting is decent. Then they're done.

La Liga has what? 3 or 4 sides still in European competitions besides Real and Barca, whereas PL is left with Everton alone.
Both Spurs and Liverpool had eyes on the more important Sunday games going into the 2nd leg of the EL and the results were of little surprise. I have no doubt in my mind that we'd do over 6th placed Villereal and that Liverpool would do the same to Sevilla.

Also the other point is Chelsea cant afford to go easy or rest players against the likes of Burnley at home as they will drop points. It just wouldn't happen in Spain the likes of Granada or Cordoba going to the big 3 and being any more than another hat-trick to Messi or Ronaldo!

If you're after even comps. Tune into the A-League on BT Sport. We've got salary caps, Damien Duff & a ground that literally backs on to a beach!
1661.jpeg

Don't actually tune in if you want to watch good football. It's dross!

Me gusto a seguir el equipo nacional de España, pero la Liga es un poco aburrido para yo. Además es demasiado difícil a seguir una liga o un equipo cuando no se tiene todos partidos en televisión aquí. El mismo con la Bundesliga, Serie A, etc. Los grandes razónes que prefiero la Liga Primera de Inglaterra son que es en Inglés y puedo ver cada y todo partido de Spurs.
:soldadowatch:

Me gusto a seguir el equipo nacional de España, pero la Liga es un poco aburrido para yo. Además es demasiado difícil a seguir una liga o un equipo cuando no se tiene todos partidos en televisión aquí. El mismo con la Bundesliga, Serie A, etc. Los grandes razónes que prefiero la Liga Primera de Inglaterra son que es en Inglés y puedo ver cada y todo partido de Spurs.
:soldadowatch:
Estoy de acuerdo, bien dicho señor.

Always seems to attract the top players though...
So does Saudi, Qatar, China.

In Bundes you got Bayern, and then other 4 good teams. After that, except Dortmund, it's borderline crap.

In Ligue 1 it's PSG and Lyon, then you have 3 more decent/good teams, and that's it.
Bundesliga "borderline crap". That is such a poor review of what is a brilliantly competitive league, Bayern aside.

Augsburg, Hoffenheim, Mainz, Werder Bremen, Frankfurt, Hannover...they're not shit teams whatsoever. You either have VERY high standards, or you don't watch BuLi.

Also, Ligue 1 has come on leaps and bounds the last couple seasons, and actually most matches are pretty watchable. Clubs like Stade Reims, SC Bastia, Evian, Guimgamp etc can actually give the big boys a decent game, and it's not the equivalent of when Real Madrid play Cordoba and it's backs to the wall, soak up pressure and hope you don't lose by more than 5...they actually play football and give them a decent game, generally.

If you want to see the top two utterly dominate most weeks, La Liga is where it's at. The competition in the league is pathetic. The gap between top and bottom is appalling, and the League is essentially 'run' by RM and Barca.

So does Saudi, Qatar, China.

Bundesliga "borderline crap". That is such a poor review of what is a brilliantly competitive league, Bayern aside.

Augsburg, Hoffenheim, Mainz, Werder Bremen, Frankfurt, Hannover...they're not shit teams whatsoever. You either have VERY high standards, or you don't watch BuLi.

Also, Ligue 1 has come on leaps and bounds the last couple seasons, and actually most matches are pretty watchable. Clubs like Stade Reims, SC Bastia, Evian, Guimgamp etc can actually give the big boys a decent game, and it's not the equivalent of when Real Madrid play Cordoba and it's backs to the wall, soak up pressure and hope you don't lose by more than 5...they actually play football and give them a decent game, generally.

If you want to see the top two utterly dominate most weeks, La Liga is where it's at. The competition in the league is pathetic. The gap between top and bottom is appalling, and the League is essentially 'run' by RM and Barca.

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree.
I think that if you take the bottom 10 clubs in La Liga, PL, Serie A, Bundes and Ligue 1, make them play all together in a single league, and then combine their points, the Germans and French will be miles below the former three.

Lol the bundesliga is awesome , the pace, intensity and technical ability of a lot of the teams is of a very high standard. Apart from Bayern ,the top 4 changes regularly and almost every team plays gun ho attacking football.

Superb crowds and stadiums too.

I don't mind watching it. The league that bores me to tears is Serie A. Sorry, Bardi.
God yes - it used to be on Channel 4 on a Sunday afternoon years back. I'd get in from the pub, turn it on, and be asleep in 5 minutes. Even the excellent James Richardson couldn't save it. It was quite hipsterish IIRC
I can see why Serie A bores you English guys, totally. In comparison to the Prem it's slow and weak as hell.
It doesn't mean it doesn't have quality.
And it also does have other attractive aspects though, mainly from the tactical point of view.

It's like Popovich's Spurs vs Don Nelson's Warriors, for NBA enthusiasts. The latter is more entertaining, the former is better basketball.

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree.
I think that if you take the bottom 10 clubs in La Liga, PL, Serie A, Bundes and Ligue 1, make them play all together in a single league, and then combine their points, the Germans and French will be miles below the former three.
That statement is utterly baffling to me.

The BuLi has strength right through the league, and is far more entertaining and technically advanced than the bottom half of Serie A. Christ they play some of those matches on BT Sport and as someone who can watch most football (A League, Brazilian, MLS included) that is some tough stuff to stomach.

I watched Atalata vs Udinese the other day and it was genuinely the worst game I've watched for quite some time. Needless to say, it ended 0-0. I'll never get those 90 minutes of my life back :avbnaa:

Also feel French bottom half would fair ok. Certainly not far behind the others. Toulouse vs Eibar doesn't seem to be a particularly one-sided affair in my eyes. Nor is Sassuolo vs Guingamp a foregone conclusion. An odd, but interesting opinion you have. Happy to agree to disagree.

Kind of want to see a bottom half top 5 euro leagues league now though!!

Lol the bundesliga is awesome , the pace, intensity and technical ability of a lot of the teams is of a very high standard. Apart from Bayern ,the top 4 changes regularly and almost every team plays gun ho attacking football.

Superb crowds and stadiums too.
Couldn't agree more. The change in the league is a massive attraction for me. Bremen won the league in 2003/2004 and were almost relegated last season (and have been mid-table for a few years now).
Stuttgart BuLi winners in 06/07, now sat bottom after a few tough years. And we go mental when Man Utd or Chelsea finish 3rd!

The best bit is, despite this, Stuttgart will still have 60,000 every week and it will be roaring with support, regardless of the result. Someone in the general football thread posted a video showing the fans consoling their young centre half after he made an error and cost them a win. Could you imagine that at WHL? Or any team in the Prem? Fuck me, there'd be hell up. Particularly if it was a club fighting for their lives like Stuttgart are. A massive 2 points lost, but the reaction from the fans was quite lovely to see!

Back
Top Bottom