Kane’s last home game for Spurs - Brentford, 1230 KO.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Don't care.....what if you have a colostomy bag at 70?........will you look back on this post with pride??.......🤷‍♂️

If I do I do, it is what it is, shit happens - literally 🤷‍♂️

Point your angst at the dude who insinuated physical violence against me, obviously he was joking so it's fair game to give it back to him, the old fuck can dish it out and so can take it.

I watched us get relegated — didn’t boo.
I watched us finish no higher than 7th for a decade or more - didn’t boo.
I watched us finish behind Woolwich for, I think, twenty plus years — didn’t boo.
So, I probably don’t plan on starting now.

The individual booing of Sanchez a few weeks back turned a corner for me. It’s not like he was ambling off the field as we were behind in a cup game.
I realized that half of our fanbase are self-entitled shitcunts. No better than the other teams I’ve long railed against.
In his (Sanchez) place, there’s no way I would have come on as sub vs Newcastle.

Thankfully, I watch the games with fans who are more supportive. We get upset, disappointed , curse etc. but we don’t boo the team . Now, some of the fans will probably say I’m an enabler and I should be hounding those players out of ‘our club’ but that’s the difference between us.
And the large selection of godawful humans that support us now will ridicule you for that mentality, because they have grown up in a world of finger pointing, witch hunting and bitching about everything.
The only way to own a piece of this cub is to buy shares, not sit in a seat a boo your eyeballs out.

I watched us get relegated — didn’t boo.
I watched us finish no higher than 7th for a decade or more - didn’t boo.
I watched us finish behind Woolwich for, I think, twenty plus years — didn’t boo.
So, I probably don’t plan on starting now.

The individual booing of Sanchez a few weeks back turned a corner for me. It’s not like he was ambling off the field as we were behind in a cup game.
I realized that half of our fanbase are self-entitled shitcunts. No better than the other teams I’ve long railed against.
In his (Sanchez) place, there’s no way I would have come on as sub vs Newcastle.

Thankfully, I watch the games with fans who are more supportive. We get upset, disappointed , curse etc. but we don’t boo the team . Now, some of the fans will probably say I’m an enabler and I should be hounding those players out of ‘our club’ but that’s the difference between us.

Great post.

This is not a modern Tottenham phenomia about entitlement. We've always done it, how short some memories are. I hate the booing of individual players but lets not forget John Lacy, John Pratt, Terry Fenwick, Chris Armstrong, Bobby Mimms. Before my time but Terry Venables got it as a player. There were constant grumbles about Mark Falco and Paul Miller which i could never understand as i liked them but the fans doing it had obviously got used to Greaves, Mackay, Chivers and England. The team were regulaly booed off in the 70s and even parts of the 80s so lets not rewrite history.

If you and Airfixx are happy with the direction the club are heading in, that's fair enough, it's your prerogative......👍
Others are naturally more pissed off and want to vent that frustration, especially with the astronomical ticket prices these days.

And you'll be back next season spending your money on a season ticket yet ready to boo them when the team is in a perceived bad moment, you should save your money if something like that genuinely upsets you because you booing players/the team isn't helping the team whatsoever, you know what the term supporter means right...?The first first 7 letters of that word should be enough to tell you what your job is when you turn up and go to matches.

But yeah you do you with your self entitlement.

And you'll be back next season spending your money on a season ticket yet ready to boo them when the team is in a perceived bad moment, you should save your money if something like that genuinely upsets you because you booing players/the team isn't helping the team whatsoever, you know what the term supporter means right...?The first first 7 letters of that word should be enough to tell you what your job is when you turn up and go to matches.

But yeah you do you with your self entitlement.
perceived bad moment

If you and Airfixx are happy with the direction the club are heading in, that's fair enough, it's your prerogative......👍
Others are naturally more pissed off and want to vent that frustration, especially with the astronomical ticket prices these days.

Who said I'm "happy"?

Perhaps stick with the post/posters in question, fella.....👍

This is not a modern Tottenham phenomia about entitlement. We've always done it, how short some memories are. I hate the booing of individual players but lets not forget John Lacy, John Pratt, Terry Fenwick, Chris Armstrong, Bobby Mimms. Before my time but Terry Venables got it as a player. There were constant grumbles about Mark Falco and Paul Miller which i could never understand as i liked them but the fans doing it had obviously got used to Greaves, Mackay, Chivers and England. The team were regulaly booed off in the 70s and even parts of the 80s so lets not rewrite history.

Personally, I have no problem with booing a performance at FT.

....And as I've said many times; if you have an individual deemed worthy of targeting (Levy or whoever), then chant..... Make your message clear.

"Levy out"
"You're not fit to wear the shirt"
"Conte sucks"
etc.

Generic in-game booing only serves to demoralise the whole team and is counter-productive.

The 'Sanchez-treatment' was simply cunty.

Personally, I have no problem with booing a performance at FT.

....And as I've said many times; if you have an individual deemed worthy of targeting (Levy or whoever), then chant..... Make your message clear.

"Levy out"
"You're not fit to wear the shirt"
"Conte sucks"
etc.

Generic in-game booing only serves to demoralise the whole team and is counter-productive.

The 'Sanchez-treatment' was simply cunty.
The booing of Sanchez was terrible. I really hate it, its lazy and misdirected. Not his fault he's still here or getting picked. Half time, full time, manager or chairman then its fair game imo. Fans have a right to air their grievances. They pay a lot of money. Again being a fan is not being a member of a cult, you are allowed some critical thinking and an opinion.

2-1 down and he brings moura on in the 65th minute - what the actual fuck? still can’t get my head round it/ mason has seen every minute of this miserable season what was he thinking ? Almost as if wants us to miss out on Europe next season
You know i would get letting him play 25+ minutes if it were a meaningless game (it wasn’t as we still had a legitimate chance to catch Brighton) but ironically, we were only in this position because Lucas’ previous 2 appearances were:

Everton - sub on at 82, red card at 88, team concedes with 10 men at 90. Dropped 2 points.

Liverpool - sub on at 90+3, assist Liverpool winner at 90+4. Drop 1 point.

So he played 7 fucking minutes and was directly responsible for us dropping 3 points. Just an abomination of a last hurrah at spurs. But let’s reward him anyway with 25 minutes to do nothing but make absolutely sure that the season is ruined.

You know i would get letting him play 25+ minutes if it were a meaningless game (it wasn’t as we still had a legitimate chance to catch Brighton) but ironically, we were only in this position because Lucas’ previous 2 appearances were:

Everton - sub on at 82, red card at 88, team concedes with 10 men at 90. Dropped 2 points.

Liverpool - sub on at 90+3, assist Liverpool winner at 90+4. Drop 1 point.

So he played 7 fucking minutes and was directly responsible for us dropping 3 points. Just an abomination of a last hurrah at spurs. But let’s reward him anyway with 25 minutes to do nothing but make absolutely sure that the season is ruined.

It's okay mate he's gone now

Back
Top Bottom