Jose Mourinho

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The man is unbelievable, he has won so many trophies and is a genius.

I really dislike Mourinho, but I won't pretend to be anything other than a bog standard football fan - he wins a few games and I'll be singing his praises. The game is a pantomime and that's what makes it fun. And that is something he realises as well.

I do, however, have genuine concerns about whether or not he is the right man in terms of basic tactics. It's not fair that people say he plays bad football, some of his teams have been incredibly destructive and easy on the eye. I also think he will be able to set us up as a genuine counter attacking force.

But I'm not convinced that his style will counter the modern press. I don't expect to see us return to using aggressive FBs, rather go for an even more narrow 4/3/3 with two DMs.

Who knows.

First interesting decision - if Eriksen plays on Saturday.

This is the greatest day in the Club's history. Finally, instead of a charlatan who has (and will) never win anything because he is a loser, we now have the most successful manager of the modern era. A genuine, Class A, top top manager who has won the league, the CL, the EL, FA Cup, Carling Cup and loads of other trophies.

This is what turns us from also rans to proper challengers.

This is the GREATEST DAY of all time.

Glad Poch has gone. Awful loser. Had umpteen chances to win something and blew it every time. The man was no good. He improved us for a bit (with the best team we had in 50 years) but we were in a death spiral at the end. 9 months (MONTHS) of relegation form football. Unacceptable.

You can't put your faith in a dream that a man who has done nothing will suddenly turn it around.

We are now a true player on the world stage. Our time has come.
Hahaha who the fuck is this....good post if you're a goner prick but go on have your say. Imma gonna save this page though. You know just in case it's not our greatest day etc...jesus wept.

We get it so fuck off for three years then come back when he's gone - most off us have seen managers come and go and care about the club not some jobsworth - clearly that's not for you. Come back in three years or maybe less who knows.

Well, you daft cunt, I clearly care for the club and for football. That should be evident from my posts. In my eyes, those of you that welcome Mourinho with open arms do not care about the club, you only care about short term bragging rights.

All I hope is that he adds belief and conviction.

That he sees the younger players like
Sessegnon, Lo Celso and Ndombele, as well as Parrott, Skipp (future now tenuous) and Winks as players to develop and nurture.

It could go the other way and mean he jettisons in favour of more experience or more trusted which would be a shame.

All the players need to see it now as a new challenge. A new hard task master to prove themselves to again.

He has been watching our players closely for a while. Some will never play for Mourinho.

he wasnt supposed to be their friend. He was supposed to be a manager. a leader. He was clueless. Useless. Won nothing. Never will. His buys were shocking. Had no clue what to do in most situations.

Jose is the best we can get. Top manager. a Winner.

We will win under Mourinho.

A great day.
You don't come here to hunt do you?

I wish it hadn't ended this way, but it is what it is.
I would have given my eye teeth for Jose as our manager when he first went to Chelsea, but he became a bit of a caricature on his return to England.
Having said that, if he can instil some of that winning mentality into the squad, then he will have my support. He's got that anyway, because he is our manager.
I do worry that he is a spent force, and we will be the first club that he doesn't win a trophy with - Spursey never died, just went into hibernation.
Anyway, how much damage can he do in two years? ;)

Well, you daft cunt, I clearly care for the club and for football. That should be evident from my posts. In my eyes, those of you that welcome Mourinho with open arms do not care about the club, you only care about short term bragging rights.

Again just your personal prejudice - if Mourinho wins a few trophies will you still claim it's a bad decision? - to be so focused on your opinion of one man that you place it above what's good for the entire club ... just who's being the daft cunt?

Rubbish.

I am not one of them but this is daft. What were you proud of this season and much of the end of last season under Pochettino?

We were poor in every sense. Directionless, lacking a philosophy, leaderless and incredibly feeble.

We had become everything Pochettino was brought in to put right.

skysports-jose-mourinho-mauricio-pochettino_4841355.jpg

We're fucked.

All I hope is that he adds belief and conviction.

That he sees the younger players like
Sessegnon, Lo Celso and Ndombele, as well as Parrott, Skipp (future now tenuous) and Winks as players to develop and nurture.

It could go the other way and mean he jettisons in favour of more experience or more trusted which would be a shame.

All the players need to see it now as a new challenge. A new hard task master to prove themselves to again.

He has been watching our players closely for a while. Some will never play for Mourinho.

One lasting trait that Mourinho had throughout the years is that he was never known for developing young players.

Young players with talent like De Bruyne and Lukaku were never given chances by Mourinho and this they went elsewhere for playing time.

Parrot and Skipp I doubt will be in Mourinho’s plans.

Back
Top Bottom