Jose Mourinho

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Rose has done more in Germany than Nagelsmann, all be it in the second division but also won’t the league in Austria and currently

Don't get me wrong I liked Harry but I would say the prospect of the England job was more the reason he got side tracked.

It was Levy jumping the gun and thinking that AVB was next level.
We tried to run before we could walk and set ourselves back half a decade

What exactly did Arry do wrong over England?
He said no Englishman could turn it down when asked, and that was it....he wasn’t even offered so it wasn’t an issue.

And all the while it was ok for Poch to stroke off PSG and say he would walk if we win the CL.

It was Levy jumping the gun and thinking that AVB was next level.
We tried to run before we could walk and set ourselves back half a decade

What exactly did Arry do wrong over England?
He said no Englishman could turn it down when asked, and that was it....he wasn’t even offered so it wasn’t an issue.

And all the while it was ok for Poch to stroke off PSG and say he would walk if we win the CL.

I remember there was rumours at the time he wasn't at training etc, I don't know exactly but something clearly went down due to our collapse in the league. I liked Poch but he was a right arsehole at times, cryptic as fuck.

“I’ve always said that I would be pleased to join a great club like PSG,”
“Come to Paris? I hope so. It is true that it would please me. It’s part of my dreams. I try to watch all their matches, especially in the Champions League.
“The [French] championship is not very attractive because PSG is far from the other teams but I look a lot because it is a major source of players. There is talent so I have to follow Ligue 1.”

That came out 28 April 2016.

Three days after we drew 1-1 with West Brom meaning we had to win at Stamford Bridge to have a mathematical chance to beat Leicester.

So while the team are bottling it, Poch is dreaming about his next big big.
What a sign of things to come that was...

“I’ve always said that I would be pleased to join a great club like PSG,”
“Come to Paris? I hope so. It is true that it would please me. It’s part of my dreams. I try to watch all their matches, especially in the Champions League.
“The [French] championship is not very attractive because PSG is far from the other teams but I look a lot because it is a major source of players. There is talent so I have to follow Ligue 1.”

That came out 28 April 2016.

Three days after we drew 1-1 with West Brom meaning we had to win at Stamford Bridge to have a mathematical chance to beat Leicester.

So while the team are bottling it, Poch is dreaming about his next big big.
What a sign of things to come that was...

I remember that. Meeting Ferguson in public was way worse shortly after in May of that year. There was no way him and Perez were meeting Ferguson as a friendly chat. It was Ferguson making moves on him for Man Utd. He just got caught out so had to come out with an excuse. I remember the tabloids getting tipped off he was at Scott’s Restaurant and the photos of him leaving the restaurant looking unbelievably sheepish.

Rose has done more in Germany than Nagelsmann, all be it in the second division but also won’t the league in Austria and currently doing well in Germany.

Don't get me wrong I liked Harry but I would say the prospect of the England job was more the reason he got side tracked.

A bit of both imv

No one fancies prison

Does anybody know why the English media detest Jose so much? I always thought they hated Spurs (their audience are not spurs fans by some margin) but they seemed to praise Poch often.

Is it because he worked for Sky or is it just the hipster thing to do to hate anyone who isn't Klopp? Has it always been this way? We are pitted against the most hated team in Germany who represents everything wrong in modern football and still Jose is a monster.

The MSM have always been worth ignoring but this is quite interesting to see.

Does anybody know why the English media detest Jose so much? I always thought they hated Spurs (their audience are not spurs fans by some margin) but they seemed to praise Poch often.

Is it because he worked for Sky or is it just the hipster thing to do to hate anyone who isn't Klopp? Has it always been this way? We are pitted against the most hated team in Germany who represents everything wrong in modern football and still Jose is a monster.

Same media who tried to paint City winning stuff as a fairytale mate

What’s odd is it’s not just dislike, but real hatred.

He has obvious flaws. He’s a bad loser but an even worse winner. He rubs people’s noses in it. So a lot of pundits are desperate for him to fail, to return the favour.

As you say, hipsters go for Guardiola (even though he’s a massive cunt) and Klopp.

Add in natural enmity for us and it’s a perfect storm.

What’s odd is it’s not just dislike, but real hatred.

He has obvious flaws. He’s a bad loser but an even worse winner. He rubs people’s noses in it. So a lot of pundits are desperate for him to fail, to return the favour.

As you say, hipsters go for Guardiola (even though he’s a massive cunt) and Klopp.

Add in natural enmity for us and it’s a perfect storm.
Wish we could rub people's noses in it we always end up the butt of other teams jokes.

I have a feeling that unless it is the CL or the League, it won't mean much to the haters.

If we shithoused our way to an FA Cup you can expect an onslaught of articles following the final of why the FA Cup is a pointless exercise in the modern game etc.
Exactly. Just be called a pointless trophy by a bunch of people who want Levy out because we don’t win stuff

Imagine actually thinking we are near a title challenge. This is a three year rebuild.
Poch said ten and they all lapped it up.

I’ve got a feeling Jose is going to have the last laugh which means Spurs have the last laugh.

Bitter sweet for some of our fans though, oh well

I want you to promise me that WHEN we win something within the next few years that you won't slate the fans who hated him? :D

To be fair that is better than fans that seem to want him to fail so he will leave sooner. I'll never understand wanting your team to lose. Even in the League cup and if it is for the greater good.

I want you to promise me that WHEN we win something within the next few years that you won't slate the fans who hated him? :D

To be fair that is better than fans that seem to want him to fail so he will leave sooner. I'll never understand wanting your team to lose. Even in the League cup and if it is for the greater good.

I won’t rub it in

:levystare:

Back
Top Bottom