January Transfer Thread 2024

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The obsession with Gallagher is more than a little concerning to me.
I'm not overly excited by the player. But the absolute horror and fear it would send across the Chelsea fan base as they realise that we are and always have been the bigger club would make it money well spent in my opinion. Whatever the fee.
It's time they learned to accept their natural place in the food chain.

You reckon if we gave them some cash for Cunha it would help? Surely we could find 15m.
Let them cheaters rot!!!

discussion anthony GIF

Yeah you missed it. He won't deal with them NOW. At this price point, as opposed to say for Jude Soon-supbell whose deal includes sell ons to Chelsea. The point is he'd be spiting himself if he gave them millions right NOW more than he would be refusing to deal them out of this hole. He's waited along time for this FFP handcuff, I think the restrictions it causes is way more valuable to Enic and Spurs than any one player. Think bigger than Gallagher was my point. Its about the moment.

I haven't missed anything mate - you're debating whether or not the club would buy him, I'm discussing the merits of the player & the value placed upon him onntye assumption that we are interested in signing him going by the rumours. I'll not bother repeating myself beyond this post on this point so we'll agree to disagree i guess 🤷

Who do you think he replaces or is better than?

He goes in to compete with Bentancur Bissouma Sarr for the CM positions, ahead of Skipp and replacing PEH. On paper he'd have to prove himself better than the other 3 but if we're after him than that's clearly where the people buying and oking the transfer see him. What you or i think is by the by

Gallagher would be a really good signing at the right price.

Even if you don't think he's good enough to dislodge any of our first choice CM 3 (which is debatable) having the option to bring him on at 60 minutes would go some way towards helping maintain the intensity of our play.

He goes in to compete with Bentancur Bissouma Sarr for the CM positions, ahead of Skipp and replacing PEH. On paper he'd have to prove himself better than the other 3 but if we're after him than that's clearly where the people buying and oking the transfer see him. What you or i think is bye the bye
So you don't even know what position he would play, let alone what player he would replace.
Fair enough. Discussion over.

At this point it feels chelsea driven more than Spurs in the media.

In the summer we were def keen but given we signed a first team CB and added Werner's wages, I can't see us adding a 3rd first team signing this winter tbh.
But we removed Lloris and Dier's wages. Plus he wouldn't come in without PEH leaving anyway.

Finances won't be the issue.

It could well be the case that he's told Levy that Skippy and PEH aren't the right profile and GLC is too unreliable so I need one more midfield option.

Gallagher would cook in this system.

At this point it feels chelsea driven more than Spurs in the media.

In the summer we were def keen but given we signed a first team CB and added Werner's wages, I can't see us adding a 3rd first team signing this winter tbh.

Considering your recent predictions this means CG is definitely on.

UEFA rule means we can have:
Maximum of 17 foreign players
Maximum of 21 foreign + association players
Unlimited club trained or U21 players (latter have to have been with us for 2 years)

Foreign:
18: Vicario Porro Emerson Dragusin Romero VdV Udogie Hojbjerg Bissouma Lo Celso Bentancur Kulusevski Son Werner Richarlison Solomon Gil Veliz

Association:
5: Davies Johnson Forster Sessegnon Maddison

Club trained or U21:
3: Sarr, Skipp, Austin

So as it stands, if we sign Werner permanently, we would have to pick 2 players out of Sessegnon, Gil, Veliz to not be in a squad. If we bought another foreign player or even an association player this summer, we would have to ship out all 3.

Spursidol Spursidol Am I missing something or is buying Gallagher not actually that helpful for our HG issue?

UEFA rule means we can have:
Maximum of 17 foreign players
Maximum of 21 foreign + association players
Unlimited club trained or U21 players (latter have to have been with us for 2 years)

Foreign:
18: Vicario Porro Emerson Dragusin Romero VdV Udogie Hojbjerg Bissouma Lo Celso Bentancur Kulusevski Son Werner Richarlison Solomon Gil Veliz

Association:
5: Davies Johnson Forster Sessegnon Maddison

Club trained or U21:
3: Sarr, Skipp, Austin

So as it stands, if we sign Werner permanently, we would have to pick 2 players out of Sessegnon, Gil, Veliz to not be in a squad. If we bought another foreign player or even an association player this summer, we would have to ship out all 3.

Spursidol Spursidol Am I missing something or is buying Gallagher not actually that helpful for our HG issue?
It is obviously helpful, because signing Gallagher is entirely dependent on Hojbjerg leaving. It opens up one Foreign slot and takes up an Association slot in which we are severely deprived of decent players in. Gallagher is also a few years younger. It just makes sense quality wise, squad wise, and tactics wise. The only question mark is his Chelsea allegiance, but I believe he is a top professional and ultimately it won't matter if it happens

Back
Top Bottom