January Transfer Thread 2024

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Some potential Winter/Summer targets

189.png
Lloyd Kelly LCB (26) 2024 / €18.00m - Bournemouth

122.png
Jeremiah St. Juste RCB (27) 2026 / €10.00m - Sporting

179.png
Alan Matturro (19) LCB 2026 / €2.50m - Genoa

189.png
Tyrick Mitchell (26) LB 2025 / €22.00m - Crystal Palace

189.png
Jobe Bellingham CM (18) (loaned back to Sunderland until the summer)

222.png
Toni Kroos (33) CM 2024 / €15.00m - Real Madrid

If it was up to me, I'd be all over signing Matturru this winter, or next summer, because he's going to be phenomenal

Juste, with his Porro and van de Ven connections, his reading of the game, his passing and of course his speed may well be perfect as cover for Romero. The downside being that he might be expensive, as his contract is until 2026 (rumoured one year extension on top too)

Those two would give us fantastic cover however, Matturru will need time, so Davies could stay on next sesson or, we sign someone like Lloyd Kelly (although he has 'the new Dier' feel about him so I'm not convinced)

I'd try and get Propper on a 6 month loan from Twente this winter instead of Kelly/Davies. He's their captain though, so any move could be a little tricky lol

The most outstanding deal would be for Jobe. We've got no chance there but hey-ho lol

Mitchell would depend on Sessegnon. If Ryan can fill that Udogie back-uo it would save us a fair amount of money that we will be spending further up the field. Replacing Sessegnon isn't as important, especially if Matturru joins

Bringing in Toni Kroos would be a master stroke. He's ready to leave Madrid and his weath of experience would surely rub off on the entire squad, not just the kids. Coming on with 25 minutes stop go or even covering for Sarr/Maddison from the start. Great player, 18 month contract. Dankershen!

If it was up to me, I'd be all over signing Matturru this winter, or next summer, because he's going to be phenomenal

Juste, with his Porro and van de Ven connections, his reading of the game, his passing and of course his speed may well be perfect as cover for Romero. The downside being that he might be expensive, as his contract is until 2026 (rumoured one year extension on top too)

Those two would give us fantastic cover however, Matturru will need time, so Davies could stay on next sesson or, we sign someone like Lloyd Kelly (although he has 'the new Dier' feel about him so I'm not convinced)

I'd try and get Propper on a 6 month loan from Twente this winter instead of Kelly/Davies. He's their captain though, so any move could be a little tricky lol

The most outstanding deal would be for Jobe. We've got no chance there but hey-ho lol

Mitchell would depend on Sessegnon. If Ryan can fill that Udogie back-uo it would save us a fair amount of money that we will be spending further up the field. Replacing Sessegnon isn't as important, especially if Matturru joins

Bringing in Toni Kroos would be a master stroke. He's ready to leave Madrid and his weath of experience would surely rub off on the entire squad, not just the kids. Coming on with 25 minutes stop go or even covering for Sarr/Maddison from the start. Great player, 18 month contract. Dankershen!
I kind of laughed when I saw Kroos in there, but after a bit of thought, and after reading your last paragraph, I'm kind of warming to the idea. As cover for our AM he'd probably be perfect. He doesn't have the legs for a PL intense 90 minutes, but he wouldn't need to if the intention is to have him cover, or to start but get hooked after 45-60 minutes.

VDV could only ever manage 60 minutes a game for us before blowing out of his arse, yet his impact was enormous.

The more I think about it, the more I feel this could be an excellent move.

The only question would be whether he'd settle for that role, or if he'd prefer to go to a less intense league and start regularly.

Then there's the wages. He won't be cheap.

I kind of laughed when I saw Kroos in there, but after a bit of thought, and after reading your last paragraph, I'm kind of warming to the idea. As cover for our AM he'd probably be perfect. He doesn't have the legs for a PL intense 90 minutes, but he wouldn't need to if the intention is to have him cover, or to start but get hooked after 45-60 minutes.

VDV could only ever manage 60 minutes a game for us before blowing out of his arse, yet his impact was enormous.

The more I think about it, the more I feel this could be an excellent move.

The only question would be whether he'd settle for that role, or if he'd prefer to go to a less intense league and start regularly.

Then there's the wages. He won't be cheap.

Kroos is a 6 though?

Anyway he's winding down his career now, probably end up in the States or something.

The Rodon and Tanganga shouts I keep seeing on social media make me sick. Ange keeps talking about how the club needs fresh change and you still have so many people that want them back.

They both failed to impress under like 4 or 5 managers and all of a sudden a player who can’t get into Augsburg’s team or a player who hasn’t performed above Championship level should be recalled and in our squad in January 🤦‍♂️ ridiculous

I think Leeds will buy Rodon and we will get our cash back. Good move for all involved.

I hope we are done with such signings. Players who can give 90 minutes and improve the team please !!

More often than not he'd have had Casemiro behind him.

That's a bit of a myth, they actually rotated from 6/8, sometimes Casemiro would go roaming forward and Kroos would sit

He's been playing as a deep mid this season, not sure if he has the legs for an 8, especially in the Prem.

That's a bit of a myth, they actually rotated from 6/8, sometimes Casemiro would go roaming forward and Kroos would sit

He's been playing as a deep mid this season, not sure if he has the legs for an 8, especially in the Prem.

Likewise......

Yet it's one of those situ's where he'd come over expecting his rep to get him starts (esp. if succumbing to a move to a club whom are not perennial contenders). Pretty sure from the article I read he would be gunning for a 3 year deal too.

Shame really cos as a short-term fill-in for the rest of the season he would still likely prove useful.

Likewise......

Yet it's one of those situ's where he'd come over expecting his rep to get him starts (esp. if succumbing to a move to a club whom are not perennial contenders). Pretty sure from the article I read he would be gunning for a 3 year deal too.

Shame really cos as a short-term fill-in for the rest of the season he would still likely prove useful.

Yeah he's definitely not moving from Real to sit on our bench in a bit part role.

A player like that ends up in the MLS as a star signing like Busquets.

Notable tho:

1. Saudi pension
2. Saudi pension
3. Saudi pension
4. 'Qatar'
5. Saudi pension
6. MLS pension
7. Spain
8. Chinese pension
9. Saudi pension
10. Spain..................

11. EPL
12. EPL

He added: “It is a hamstring injury. I don’t how many weeks, but it is going to be some weeks. The timing is not good, because we are playing a lot of games in December, key games for us. But normally injuries come at the worst time. That’s what has happened now with Lloyd.

Back
Top Bottom