January Transfer Thread 2024

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Small bit of Declan Rice (blurgh) about him from those few clips…

Looks a really good prospect for sure but we must remember, Harry Winks has been bossing it from the same position in the Championship and Skipp would have a similar highlight real if he was playing there. You cannot underestimate the extra time you have in midfield.

Rice is an out of possession pressing beast but not really able to play on the half turn against a press like that. That’s why woolwich still need a 6.

Not because of anything we do....... The beef was essentially between him & B'burn.

Cant remember the exact details, but he had some sort of renewal clause that they missed that meant he could be bought for 2m; and they tried to block him and get more money..... At one point it sounded like we were gonna give them a few extra quid to keep them sweet but I dunno if that ever happened.
Wonder if Wharton has a clause or Blackburn desperately need funds?

No point but g these young players if they never get a chance. I was listening to some other transfer gossip of young players from abroad. I’m thinking we have a bunch top quality young players coming through our own club why not give them a chance first. If we are gonna buy young players from other clubs what is the point of developing our own. I bet dorrington felt great when he heard we were buying Phillips. Who played about 8 game minutes all last season. He prbly sees his pathway blocked especially knowing we are likely to buy another CB who’ll be ahead of him in the q. V villa Ange could have given donley minutes when he took off Gil. Instead he brings on skipp. Ffs give these guys a chance. They certainly would get the fans more excited than keep playing the same old players.
So don't buy young talent unless they're English?

The sole purpose of buying young talent is to play them?

Don't buy them, even if they're better than the talent we have, because it stifles the development of lesser English players?

You do realise that even if these players are foreign, they can still end up as home grown/club trained if we get them young enough?

Upgrading players isn't restricted to the first team you know.

2W3WqBmxkTNp_veMiN5lR_uK1KNQGvKhfpfCduzQaBHxWz4llm4ttnoOj9xhsgGhud6GrcgQg1cInsOaKSN9BMi7S4Nq9bQag61WINmPmSIw7qT46u97uf_s7uZathyyHdZTmSKh2L7juBjFNU7nLdBQZskVjsKUMc7ovCs48lT_bWIGEXoI64yPnVkaenzo6n2yW2LfMDdOVxJEWq2JsVeBnZ_PZOPVIu73y3UoLZMYeAouvhJAbIj1P7yl_l34sb-3C-1vdIIsUh4TC7_QjxOsu_w4sv6_ikrNG2M5=s0-d-e1-ft

P!NK
Summer Carnival World Tour
Special Guests:
The Script, GAYLE, and KidCutUp

Saturday 15 and Sunday 16 June 2024, Tottenham Hotspur Stadium

:levywhoa:
Technically, this is Summer 2024.

Back
Top Bottom