January 2023 Transfer Thread. The Big One

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Publicly humiliating people who you have employment power/superiority over (and have little right to reply or publicly defend themselves) is fucking cowardly and is unlikely to achieve fuck all. If he doesn't rate a player then try to improve them by teaching them, if that doesn't work then don't fucking pick them.

Shaw's been really good since Mourinho fucked off, and has shown the tactical aptitude to play three different roles well. Rashford (Mourinho: "this is what happens when I play the players I don't normally pick") is playing at his best again.

His methods are failing. His Chelsea team fell apart, he failed miserably at ManU and Spurs and is now only doing par/sub par at Roma.

He's a wanker. A bully. An egotistical cunt who never takes responsibility for his own failings - everything is someone else's fault. Calling a player a "sick note" because he doesn't want to play with an injury. Getting a Physio sacked for doing her job and treating an injured player.
I was never as sure a manager was going to fail with us as I was when Mourinho was appointed.
It’s frightening beyond belief that professionals employed by the club genuinely believed he could be a success.

Publicly humiliating people who you have employment power/superiority over (and have little right to reply or publicly defend themselves) is fucking cowardly and is unlikely to achieve fuck all. If he doesn't rate a player then try to improve them by teaching them, if that doesn't work then don't fucking pick them.

Shaw's been really good since Mourinho fucked off, and has shown the tactical aptitude to play three different roles well. Rashford (Mourinho: "this is what happens when I play the players I don't normally pick") is playing at his best again.

His methods are failing. His Chelsea team fell apart, he failed miserably at ManU and Spurs and is now only doing par/sub par at Roma.

He's a wanker. A bully. An egotistical cunt who never takes responsibility for his own failings - everything is someone else's fault. Calling a player a "sick note" because he doesn't want to play with an injury. Getting a Physio sacked for doing her job and treating an injured player.

I'm of the opinion that most of the current footballers are spoilt, mollycoddled, pre-madonnas. I believe the likes of Ferguson, Wenger, Beckenbauer, ...... would be seen in the same light. Its become taboo to speak the truth about players because you may hurt their feelings. We don't have soldiers anymore, we've given way to a bunch of diving, crying, complaining, pansies. We've had to look at the likes of Dele Ali, Pogba, Ndombele and host of other talented footballers and watch them become a bunch of tik tok, Facebook and Instagram performers. Jose had called out Ndombele, Rashford and Shaw. He had brutally criticised them, but he'd also made it known they have the potential to be the best players in their respective position. I guess I have just grown up in an era that makes me appreciate criticism. If it's aimed at me, I feel hurt, gather my feelings and do my best to prove different.

I'm of the opinion that most of the current footballers are spoilt, mollycoddled, pre-madonnas. I believe the likes of Ferguson, Wenger, Beckenbauer, ...... would be seen in the same light. Its become taboo to speak the truth about players because you may hurt their feelings. We don't have soldiers anymore, we've given way to a bunch of diving, crying, complaining, pansies. We've had to look at the likes of Dele Ali, Pogba, Ndombele and host of other talented footballers and watch them become a bunch of tik tok, Facebook and Instagram performers. Jose had called out Ndombele, Rashford and Shaw. He had brutally criticised them, but he'd also made it known they have the potential to be the best players in their respective position. I guess I have just grown up in an era that makes me appreciate criticism. If it's aimed at me, I feel hurt, gather my feelings and do my best to prove different.
The criticism of players isn't the point. Ferguson used to hammer his players, i've met an ex Man Yoo player who said it was frightening.

But he didn't do it in public and for that the players respected him. It brought the group together, they understood what was expected of them but they also understood the manager had their back and that made them want to do their very best for him.

If I fuck up and my boss pulls me and bollocks me then fair enough, I'll take it and try and learn from it. If my boss does it in front of the whole office i'll resent it massively and have no respect for him. The message will be lost because of the public dressing down, I'd probably come back at him as well and it'd turn into a row.

I don't think for a minute Jose used it as a tactic at all, no right thinking person would think it's the best way to get the best out of people. He used it to deflect away from himself, to publicly air his frustration at his failure to get the best out of some of his players. That's the job, you get well paid to do it, get on with it, stop moaning and find a way. And if you can't, you get rid.

The criticism of players isn't the point. Ferguson used to hammer his players, i've met an ex Man Yoo player who said it was frightening.

But he didn't do it in public and for that the players respected him. It brought the group together, they understood what was expected of them but they also understood the manager had their back and that made them want to do their very best for him.

If I fuck up and my boss pulls me and bollocks me then fair enough, I'll take it and try and learn from it. If my boss does it in front of the whole office i'll resent it massively and have no respect for him. The message will be lost because of the public dressing down, I'd probably come back at him as well and it'd turn into a row.

I don't think for a minute Jose used it as a tactic at all, no right thinking person would think it's the best way to get the best out of people. He used it to deflect away from himself, to publicly air his frustration at his failure to get the best out of some of his players. That's the job, you get well paid to do it, get on with it, stop moaning and find a way. And if you can't, you get rid.

I believe he said he cannot keep making decisions for Luke Shaw. He also said that Luke Shaw had potential to be great. That to me is criticism. He said Ndombele can do way better but has to stop being Lazy and work harder. Also said Ndombele has alot of potential. Also a crit. He said Dele Ali will regret not putting in more effort. All these players he was correct about. He spoke about it because of the fact that Fans kept on criticising him for his decisions. The same as people are doing with Conté today. He doesn't choose Spence and many Fans are talking about how he needs to go because he is so Ridgid. So his second in charge comes out and says "Spence is not good enough in training". I didn't see any outcry for that. People need to stop being soft. Part of being a public figure is being judged in the same court.

I believe he said he cannot keep making decisions for Luke Shaw. He also said that Luke Shaw had potential to be great. That to me is criticism. He said Ndombele can do way better but has to stop being Lazy and work harder. Also said Ndombele has alot of potential. Also a crit. He said Dele Ali will regret not putting in more effort. All these players he was correct about. He spoke about it because of the fact that Fans kept on criticising him for his decisions. The same as people are doing with Conté today. He doesn't choose Spence and many Fans are talking about how he needs to go because he is so Ridgid. So his second in charge comes out and says "Spence is not good enough in training". I didn't see any outcry for that. People need to stop being soft. Part of being a public figure is being judged in the same court.
He (no.2) never said ' Spence isn't good enough in training '.

Yes they're judged in public, by the public - not by their coach.

Isco, Tom Carroll and Danny Drinkwater notable free-agents.

all trash, and you could sign them but you couldnt even play them because registration is closed whether they are free or not.
so the club would be paying money for these washed up players to train

So we have a new full back when a creative midfielder and another centre half were in order ! I hope Porro can play midfield and centre back as we already have a full back !!
Whilst a creative midfielder and a promising centre half that we have been linked to across multiple windows end up moving to Galatasaray and Bournemouth respectively...

I'd say you couldn't make it up, but in all honestly that is exactly the kind of shit I would expect from a Tottenham TW!

Now I expect that someone will argue that the level of clubs they went to suggests that they aren't all that, to which I would counter that Zaniolo must be better than the literally nobody outside of Kulusevski that we have with any creativity, and the Ukrainian kid, well he just has to be better than Dier, Sanchez, Davies and Tanganga, I'm not even gonna bother to say anymore on that one...

Whilst a creative midfielder and a promising centre half that we have been linked to across multiple windows end up moving to Galatasaray and Bournemouth respectively...

I'd say you couldn't make it up, but in all honestly that is exactly the kind of shit I would expect from a Tottenham TW!

Now I expect that someone will argue that the level of clubs they went to suggests that they aren't all that, to which I would counter that Zaniolo must be better than the literally nobody outside of Kulusevski that we have with any creativity, and the Ukrainian kid, well he just has to be better than Dier, Sanchez, Davies and Tanganga, I'm not even gonna bother to say anymore on that one...
Zaniolo has had two major injuries in his career already, and that's playing in Serie A where the physicality is way behind the PL's. And from a mentality standpoint, the kid ain't impressing me that much either. He left Roma, the club that gave him his shot at the big time, for friggin Galatasaray in the mighty Turkish league. I mean no disrespect, but come on. Obviously he'll likely be out of there in the summer, but that still says what the kid's about.

So all in all, I'm really not bothered we didn't get him.

That Zabarnyi kid, on the other hand...

all trash, and you could sign them but you couldnt even play them because registration is closed whether they are free or not.
so the club would be paying money for these washed up players to train
Mash Up Ball GIF

As I keep saying, Conte has literally zero interest in signing a creative midfielder.

Back
Top Bottom