January 2018 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Fans want new players for positions that lack solutions WHEN the transfers window is open. More news at seven.
It’s normal sammy. We are in a dog fight for top 4. And our squad depth leaves a lot to be desire.

Haha

"Support the team support the club you melts! Except in January......and between July and September.......after that, cunt everyone off!!!! We´re shit!!"

If true, I can't see that Everton have a leg to stand on. Yes might be immoral from Chelsea but its what any other club would have done.

If Koeman hadn't priced him so high last summer (when in his last year and injured) then they may have got more for him then. I know Chelsea were going to pay it before Barkley said no )for whatever reason) but if it had been more realistic then they may have felt they should get it done there and then.

Can't believe I am defending Chelsea :pochfacepalm:

What Everton should have done was added costs of rehab training, physiotherapy and medical bills (as well as his salary) onto the offer for Barkley's sale.

Common 101 fucking sense, Levy would have has all these fucking angles covered had he been a Spurs players.

These are just quotes to try and boost the confidence of a player returning from injury. They're incomparable with the way he speaks about Kane, Dele and Eriksen, and he backs that up by giving them better and better contracts. The only game I see him starting anytime soon is Newport.

Your anti-Lamela agenda is hilarious, you're clearly obsessed by him!

I believe you said it would be highly unlikely that we ever saw him in a Spurs shirt again. Whether or not you or i think Lamela is of benefit to the team, Poch clearly has stood by him.

Last edited:
Your anti-Lamela agenda is hilarious, you're clearly obsessed by him!

I believe you said it would be highly unlikely that we ever saw him in a Spurs shirt again. Whether or not you or i think Lamela is of benefit to the team, Poch clearly has stood by him.

Those were his exact words. We'll never see him again in a spurs shirt.

Okay, well, he won't ever start again for Spurs.

Okay, well, he definitely won't be here after the summer.

Okay, he's signed a new contract. It's just so we can sell him for more.

It's really quite pathetic.

What Everton should have done was added costs of rehab training, physiotherapy and medical bills (as well as his salary) onto the offer for Barkley's sale.

Common 101 fucking sense, Levy would have has all these fucking angles covered had he been a Spurs players.
Problem is they had no leverage to do so. Chelsea don't care about having Barkley for the rest of this season all that much. If Everton got pushy and demanded to recoup extra expense since August, Chelsea would simply walk away and tell Ross they'll see him in June.

They've already shown that's exactly what they would do, as that's precisely what they did in the summer because they didn't want to pay the price requested. The fact that Everton settled for £15M at the beginning of the window without even talking to other clubs means that Barkley told them he was going to Chelsea now or in June on a free.

Everton had zero leverage...should probably consider themselves fortunate to get the £15m. Just another example of a poorly run club.

Vorm is the only expiring player we have before 2019, and 2019 is just Llorente and Dembele who likely won't be here and Jan who is probably getting a new deal soon. People talk about our finances and shit on Levy for the way he negotiates, etc. But where would we be if he wastes £££s here and there by being a numpty like the Everton/Liverpool/Arses of the world?

These are just quotes to try and boost the confidence of a player returning from injury. They're incomparable with the way he speaks about Kane, Dele and Eriksen, and he backs that up by giving them better and better contracts. The only game I see him starting anytime soon is Newport.
Lamela is our highest paid midfielder and his deal runs through June 2020. He hasn't received a new deal because only Lloris, Jan, Kane, and Son are on higher wages - and only just. Most of our players have received new deals because they were extended for contract length (leverage) sake or to bring their wages up in steps equal to their production.

Lamela got all of that on the front end with a 7 year £4M+ per year salary the day he signed. There's simply no reason to do a new deal for him, there's no way Levy would sanction making Lamela our highest earner while he struggled for fitness.

TL;DR - You don't have a fucking clue what you're on about.

Back
Top Bottom