January 2018 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Ive noticed a rather ironic pattern emerging....there are a whole load of posters who during the season act like the best and most supportive fans on the planet. Preaching non stop about how good we are, and slating anyone whos being "a melter"
But once that window opens suddenly the team is just so poor to those people and the season is basically a shambles if we dont buy new people.

Weak squad, tight chairman, shit bench.

Say that when the window is shut though, and you´re just a negative cunt. LOL, look who´s turned into the "melters" now they´ve got Levy´s monopoly money to play with

Ive noticed a rather ironic pattern emerging....there are a whole load of posters who during the season act like the best and most supportive fans on the planet. Preaching non stop about how good we are, and slating anyone whos being "a melter"
But once that window opens suddenly the team is just so poor to those people and the season is basically a shambles if we dont buy new people.

Say that when the window is shut though, and you´re just a negative cunt. LOL, look who´s turned into the "melters" now they´ve got Levy´s monopoly money to play with
Jesus christ just shut up and let people talk about transfers. Tried to read transfer news and just ended up reading 2 pages of you fighting with another poster the other day.

Jesus christ just shut up and let people talk about transfers. Tried to read transfer news and just ended up reading 2 pages of you fighting with another poster the other day.

Im talking about transfers.......ironically your post wasnt

Telling that you actually read two pages of it, knowing full well there was no transfer news in the conversation. Oh you poor thing, how could you possibly have just not read it.

He's effusively praised him and discussed how important he is repeatedly. If you really think Lamela is leaving, I'm sorry but you're mistaken. Lamela will be in the squad for the first game in the new stadium, and it's entirely possible he starts. We'll see in September - I personally feel absolutely assured that both Lamela and Rose will be there.

Maybe you could give me a link to some of this effusive praising because I don't remember any, unlike the likes of Kane, Dele and Eriksen. If we bring an attacking player in this window, he'll be out the door. If he's still here after the window he'll be nothing more than a bit part player and there's absolutely no way he'll survive the Summer transfer window.

Maybe you could give me a link to some of this effusive praising because I don't remember any, unlike the likes of Kane, Dele and Eriksen. If we bring an attacking player in this window, he'll be out the door. If he's still here after the window he'll be nothing more than a bit part player and there's absolutely no way he'll survive the Summer transfer window.
Here you go.
Erik Lamela can provide qualities which Tottenham have been missing, says Mauricio Pochettino

Mauricio Pochettino ready to bring Erik Lamela into Champions League squad

Pochettino backs Lamela to be key man for Tottenham

Tottenham news: Mauricio Pochettino hails return of Erik Lamela ahead of Leicester clash

There's more as well.

I think, given Pochettino's past comments on January transfers being troublesome to integrate and his recent comments on how we need to change how we do transfers, that we will have no one join the team this window. We may have a Dele Alli-type deal where we loan the player back until season's end, but I think that's about it.

I do expect more deals to be done Kevin Wimmer-style; where we start negotiating now, with everything agreed to be confirmed after passing a medical at the end of the season. It's the cheaper path, and more effective for giving players a full summer to integrate with the squad.

Fans want new players for positions that lack solutions WHEN the transfers window is open. More news at seven.
It’s normal sammy. We are in a dog fight for top 4. And our squad depth leaves a lot to be desire.

So basically not media?
No, its a shit website, run by an equally shit and misleading online financial "news" service.

To give you an idea on how appalling that piece on HK is, the basis for the scoop is that Kane's favourite number is 10, which I assume they have just plucked from the ether, and the current Madrid nº 10 is Modric, who it is rumoured may be off after the World Cup.

Their financial advice is in a similar vein apparently

These are just quotes to try and boost the confidence of a player returning from injury. They're incomparable with the way he speaks about Kane, Dele and Eriksen, and he backs that up by giving them better and better contracts. The only game I see him starting anytime soon is Newport.

These are just quotes to try and boost the confidence of a player returning from injury. They're incomparable with the way he speaks about Kane, Dele and Eriksen, and he backs that up by giving them better and better contracts. The only game I see him starting anytime soon is Newport.
You were asked for quotes. You were given them.

Just admit you've been consistently wrong when it comes to Lamela. It's not a crime to just hold your hands up and say it.

We don't usually sign them to the last minute of a transfer window giving them no time to integrate with the team.
Being "cheap " over the years has cost us points time and time again.
Traditionally, yes, Levy has left it late, believing he could use timing to get value. Pochettino spoke about a month ago about needing to move to the opposite of that. And what Mauricio wants, he seems to get, as far as Levy is concerned.

Negotiating earlier (like well before the window ever opens) is, I think, a lot smarter since you can avoid bidding wars and get first pass at a player, but it requires the club having its shit together on scouting and negotiating, which we haven't done in at least 18 months.

Back
Top Bottom