January 2017 Transfer Window Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We won't get Barkley but he is a strange player.

Pros

- genuinely two footed with amazing balance
- proper pace and power with ball at feet
- can technically produce Sanchez/De Bryune level passing and shooting

Cons
- positionally dodgy, ok if playing as a free number 10 but not central midfield
- decision making is very up and down
- can have games where he disappears

He should be one of the top 5 players in the Prem on raw ability, he is probably the most two footed as well but it's his footballing brain that holds him back. He could easily be a better version of Payet or he could end up as another Jenas. We won't get him but it would be a gamble.

We won't get Barkley but he is a strange player.

Pros

- genuinely two footed with amazing balance
- proper pace and power with ball at feet
- can technically produce Sanchez/De Bryune level passing and shooting

Cons
- positionally dodgy, ok if playing as a free number 10 but not central midfield
- decision making is very up and down
- can have games where he disappears

He should be one of the top 5 players in the Prem on raw ability, he is probably the most two footed as well but it's his footballing brain that holds him back. He could easily be a better version of Payet or he could end up as another Jenas. We won't get him but it would be a gamble.

Give him a pre season with Poch and we could have a player but I agree inconsistent at the moment

Haha, fair, Zaha would be overpriced as he's an English kid but I think he's a better player than Barkley. Zaha has somehow kept Pardew in a job and consistently scoring goals and creating chances. I think he makes better decisions that Barkley and he's more talented all round. Is Barkley an upgrade on Alli - even an off form Alli ? Not for me.

Broomfield was the main person behind us signing Janssen and claimed he suited our style of play. For that alone i'm dubious about Broomfields credentials.

Do you think Poch is picking these guys off one by one for their suggestions over the last few years?

Do you think Poch is picking these guys off one by one for their suggestions over the last few years?
Wouldn't be at all surprised if Poch and our average (at best) transfer dealings this summer has something to do with it.

Its not the least bit weird that the type of players poch said we needed (fast paced players, Mane type players, players that can create something out of nothing) are nothing like the ones we eventually got? personally think Poch had too much faith in his scouts and went with it....only to regret it afterwards).

Please tell me you're not serious

:dembele:

In what sense? That Barkley could be a box to box midfielder and replace Dembele? Why would I not be serious? He has DEM AFRICAN GENES so he's athletic and strong, scores a lot more than Dembele too. I think Pochettino is one of the best coaches in world football so he'd be at the best club to develop even more.

Back
Top Bottom