January 2013 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Dawkins to Villa on loan and Gomelt to Espanyol on loan are remarkably stranger than Mason going to Lorient on loan. Would they even get games ?

Although we didn't spend any money this window, a positive I'm taking is that we clearly have money to spend. Hopefully we'll continue to save that money, we'll qualify for the champions league, then we'll be able to buy someone great in the summer (Moutinho and Damiao). With those two I believe that we would have one of the best squads in the premier league. Still happy with the team, Holtby looks to be a godsend. With him, I think our team is prepare to take on anybody in the league. And next year, we'll hopefully be competing for 1st with Moutinho controlling the middle of the field and Damiao leading the line.

Although we didn't spend any money this window, a positive I'm taking is that we clearly have money to spend.
we clearly have money to spend.
131769676239.jpg

Just want to have a little chance to say a couple of things before our little thread gets locked and put away.

Think overall it was a good window. We got in one of the brightest talents in Europe for next to nothing, and managed to get rid of Jermaine fucking Jenas.

I didn't dream that did I ? Jenas is gone isn't he?

:mong:

Saw a lot of people going into meltdown and having tantrums last night about the whole Damiao thing, you all know it was a Sky sports marketing ploy to get us to watch right? as well as to rig their grubby little betting racket?

Jim White said:
It's on Bitches

SSN bit of fluff said:
Skybet have dropped the odds on Peter Odemwinge staying at a travel lodge to 6/8 on

:harryblow:

Anyway far too much screaming and wailing last night for my liking, it was as if the vast majority of Spurs fans had suddenly been possessed by the ghost of Piers Morgan. I was for a moment cheered by the thought he might be dead, but that passed. Seriously though anyone would have thought we had been relegated to league 2 by some of the reactions. Some people were acting like spoiled children who weren't getting a toy.

We actually have a really good team, we had a really good team at the start of the season, and we have a better team now. So what if Ade is going to be away for a couple of weeks. He will be back. So will Younes.
None of the teams around us really strengthened apart from Chelsea who look set to explode in a hate filled ball of racist blue rage at any moment.

So chill the fuck out folks.

Oh and on one final note.

Carlito Brigante Carlito Brigante

Did Woolwich sign Edison Cavani? did they ever look like signing Edison Cavani?

Back in your box chump, to coin your oft used expression.....

Buried. :vdvshh:

I'd have liked a striker of note to have joined. I'd even have been reasonably delighted with Hooper or Graham to be honest.

However, I have to keep believing that any decision made in the window, in or out, is for the good of the long term stability of the club. We can get fourth with this squad and whilst that isn't a trophy, its continued progress, higher profile and a skip full of cash.

Hopefully, these will all add up to players of a higher calibre wishing to join us in the summer.

PS - POTL is a cunt.

we are a more attractive proposition IF we are in the CL next season, so why buy a striker who wants to come now, when the potential for a better striker could be available in 5 months?

All in all the only activity which warranted more than 200 pages was Jenas' departure.

Someone must had a montage of his best bits somewhere, surely?

we are a more attractive proposition IF we are in the CL next season, so why buy a striker who wants to come now, when the potential for a better striker could be available in 5 months?

All in all the only activity which warranted more than 200 pages was Jenas' departure.

Someone must had a montage of his best bits somewhere, surely?

Fuck that made him look like Messi...

What have we done!!!!!

:adeohshit: :avbshock: :dempsey: :gylfi:

The Negredo talk was that he wasn't for sale, which means we would have had to overpay for him, and that's not how Spurs roll.

By the looks of it, none of the player(s) we were after were available.

Have to have faith that we can see the season through with an anaemic strike force

Gwad help us if either winger gets injured. The thought of Clint falling over or Siggy meandering doesn't excite me... At least we have Bentley I guess.

It's time to dust down Bentley and see what he can do! I'm fed up of Levy and his penny-pinching; it's humiliating! Arseanal have bought someone and I don't count Holtby and Frye cos we needed a bloody
S-T-R-I-K-E-R! I don't know what the hell Levy thinks he's doing, mugging us off! How does he expect us to believe he was really interested in Leandro when the guy is STILL in Brazil??? I mean, when would he have been coming over here- JUNE???/

This is a farce!!!! Fuck this prat!

Back
Top Bottom