January 2013 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Meh, not convinced that will be the deal-breaker. The entire English media is pounding away on the Willian drum, whether to Spurs or Chelsea. They are NOT going to deny him a work permit. If he were from Bolivia, then yea, they probably wouldn't be impressed unless he was the national star, but considering we're talking about Brazil here, I think they'd understand that he hasn't made it into the national team on a regular basis.

Did Sandro star in at least 75% of Brazil's games in the two years prior to him moving to Spurs? I'm willing to guess no, and he wasn't already a major star in European football, like Willian, who's been in the CL no less.

No, I'm much more worried about the 20m price tag, and I think that that money can be better used elsewhere.

We ship Gomes out yet?

I ask because something amusing, but also disconcerting, happened earlier. In the world of video games, THQ has been selling off its IP in a court ordered auction over the past few days.

What the fuck does this have to do with Heurelho Gomes? Well, I'll tell you...

One of the studios of THQ is Relic Entertainment, and I was curious to read more about what would happen to Relic Entertainment. As a young teenager, one of my favorite video games was "Homeworld" which was developed by Relic Entertainment. I have very fond memories of that franchise, which unfortunately hasn't seen another installment since 2003.

So, I began to Google "Relic Entertainment." I typed the word "relic" into my browser search box, and before I started to type "entertainment" something caught my eye, and I stopped.

There was one search suggestion for "relic" and I'm not lying when I say it that it was "Heurelho Gomes."

:gomes:

That was a low blow, Firefox.

Question: Moutinho is a fine, top notch, creative midfielder. How did he remain at Porto this long? Loyalty? Salary?

Question mk II: Did he blossom in the last 3 years or has he always shown such skill?

Question mk III: If all the attention linking AVB and this stud...what are the chances of some other club out bidding just to ruin this thread?

This window has been so dull, I'm considering sellotaping a sign that says SPURS LODGE to the front of my fish tank and giving hourly reports of the goings-on there.

Sod it, I'm going to do that.

Julesy, you are without a doubt my favorite recent addition to our little community.

:crouch: THANKS BRO.

Disco Benny says, "BlolbloboLOLbololblobol."
1239qa0.jpg

Smooooooooooooooth
EujPv4w.jpg

[Raucous Applause]
In my wildest dreams, I never thought that one day I'd be standing here. First of all, I'd like to thank The Academy, for this recognition of my hard work. There were so many people that never believed in me, that never gave me a chance, who told me that I was just another face and that I wasn't cut out for this business, and tonight I've proved them all wrong! To be honest, even when the nominations were announced, I saw myself alongside so many actors that were inspirations to me as a child, who helped define my dreams, and I didn't think that I had a chance. I aspired to follow in their footsteps, but to be recognized while I'm still so young is truly an honor.

[Sniff] I'd like to thank my family... My mother and father who sacrificed so much to give me a chance for a better life. Truly, they are the real heroes tonight, working class folk that slave their entire lives without thanks or recognition. [Sniffle] My sister! We've always butted heads, but I've got nothing but love for you, girl. [Openly weeping] My... wife... who stood strong behind me even when we lost the roof over our heads, and I was out of work.

... My lord and savior Jesus Christ! He's given me strength when all looked lost.

[The music starts playing] I don't know what I've ever done to deserve such love and support... MY AGENT!!! I knew that I was forgetting someone! None of this would have been possible without you, man.

EujPv4w.jpg

[Raucous Applause]
In my wildest dreams, I never thought that one day I'd be standing here. First of all, I'd like to thank The Academy, for this recognition of my hard work. There were so many people that never believed in me, that never gave me a chance, who told me that I was just another face and that I wasn't cut out for this business, and tonight I've proved them all wrong! To be honest, even when the nominations were announced, I saw myself alongside so many actors that were inspirations to me as a child, who helped define my dreams, and I didn't think that I had a chance. I aspired to follow in their footsteps, but to be recognized while I'm still so young is truly an honor.

[Sniff] I'd like to thank my family... My mother and father who sacrificed so much to give me a chance for a better life. Truly, they are the real heroes tonight, working class folk that slave their entire lives without thanks or recognition. [Sniffle] My sister! We've always butted heads, but I've got nothing but love for you, girl. [Openly weeping] My... wife... who stood strong behind me even when we lost the roof over our heads, and I was out of work.

... My lord and savior Jesus Christ! He's given me strength when all looked lost.

[The music starts playing] I don't know what I've ever done to deserve such love and support... MY AGENT!!! I knew that I was forgetting someone! None of this would have been possible without you, man.
Not even Going to thank me? Thanks... Everything I've done for you and no mention or even hint at my dramatic role. I see how it is...

ITK: the one I'm calling Jake Liverwort just tried to eat sand. Disco Benny is chasing everybody. Brad Frydel appears to be angry at his reflection but this could just be a rumour.

Proper old-skool cryptic shit - love it

I will decypher it later, but so far can confirm we are not signing Morientes this window

Update. They're all nipping the shit out of a plant I bought them today. Stop it, you bastards. That cost money. I ALREADY FED YOU. Primadonnas, the lot of them.

Also, two of the four are pregnant. In a couple weeks they should pop out an entire reserve squad. (No eggs. Live young. Kind of gross.)

Tyler Wieland said:
Is it just me, or does Disco Benny look unhappy? I've been hearing rumors about a fallout with the manager...
He is not responding to my requests for an interview.

Proper old-skool cryptic shit - love it

I will decypher it later, but so far can confirm we are not signing Morientes this window

Are you doubting me? I'll have you know my fish swim in CIRCLES.

Back
Top Bottom