January 2013 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'd be confident of Damiao choosing Spurs over Napoli if he had to make the decision, particularly because of Sandro and AVB's influence.

Also EPL is a hell of a lot better than Italian League!!
But I still don't think Damião should be the choice :(

I appreciate that but purely from a numbers perspective, we can't rely on Defoe to be a) on form b) injury free - the same goes for Adebayor. That said, I much prefer the two we have to Bent.

All that said, I hate myself for even suggesting it.

Whe Bent isn't scoring goals, he does nothing else. If we're going down that road (and we aren't...) I'd rather get Crouch back, at least when he isn't scoring he is more than just some bloke wandering around...

If we are gonna spend in this transfer window it will be on a striker imo.
Don't think we will get Moutinho now we're agreed to sign Holtby.

i think that Damião will take some time to adapt to EPL. If we really sign him it's going to work only in the next season.
Anyway, it's the best time to sign him because since he came from the olympics he had some poor appearences in brazilian league, he was not even rated one of the 10 top strikers this season
It's likely that his price tag has decreased :levystare:

Whe Bent isn't scoring goals, he does nothing else. If we're going down that road (and we aren't...) I'd rather get Crouch back, at least when he isn't scoring he is more than just some bloke wandering around...

But Crouch plays for Stoke whereas Bent has been kicking his heels for the past three months, most of the time not in the squad let alone bench. One is more viable than the other.

I'm defending my suggestion about some no mark who can't even get into Villa's shit team! Fuck it, let's offer Harry Kane and a complete World Cup '86 sticker album to Athletico for Falcao

BAKjKwSCEAATDg7.png:large

Not relevant, but made it a few minutes ago because I was bored. Know, not the best quality and stuff but it was 5 minutes work.

That would be a stonking signing. Im still not sure about Leandro, he seems to have gone off the boil.

Of the two, now, I would take Negredo without question.

Leandro is a rookie striker who would take a long time to acclimate over here.

Negredo is in his prime and used to European football. While Spain is very different from England I would expect a much more immediate impact from him.

For January, for seeing an impact this season and giving us a boost, Negredo is the only choice IMHO.

That said, he is obviously just fishing so there is no telling whether or not we have actual interest. No doubt we will just flutter our eyelids at Leandro all month, make a last ditch derisory offer and miss out. Probably welcome Fraser Campbell back as cover in a desperate loan deal :klinsmann:

Sevilla are European football's latest paupers. If they have an offer for their major stars that's remotely acceptable, they really don't have much of a choice but to accept.

Back
Top Bottom