Jan Vertonghen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

well i do prowl around and i am a wind up merchant..
it brings a smile to my face..
given all the fucking meltdowns, cunts, complainers and the know it all FM armchair experts, i feel the need to brighten my day by giving out shit.
very little posters on here anymore will enage in a lively debate when points are put forward, considered and then replied to; in a manner both engaging and educational.
Yeah - I know that - but you've got a fucking cheek suggesting your posts are both engaging and educational - you just slam any one who disagrees with you, and I don't blame you for that.

well i do prowl around and i am a wind up merchant..
it brings a smile to my face..
given all the fucking meltdowns, cunts, complainers and the know it all FM armchair experts, i feel the need to brighten my day by giving out shit.
very little posters on here anymore will enage in a lively debate when points are put forward, considered and then replied to; in a manner both engaging and educational.
Where is that walkie talkie salesman? Did you drop him off at the Marianna's OZ?

Yeah - I know that - but you've got a fucking cheek suggesting your posts are both engaging and educational - you just slam any one who disagrees with you, and I don't blame you for that.

i like to think with posters who i disagree with but respect i give them the courtesy to both reply to my rubish and for me to take seriously the content of that reply.
unfortunately the amount of these posters is getting less and less each day.

i like to think with posters who i disagree with but respect i give them the courtesy to both reply to my rubish and for me to take seriously the content of that reply.
unfortunately the amount of these posters is getting less and less each day.
Nonsense man - you're looking for the easy way out. You're a top clonker.

He's our best CB we've had since King and people want to sell him?

:avbfacepalm:
That may be (actually it definitely be) but the competition hasn't been great Tbf. Kaboul, Fryers, Chiriches, Fazio (may be equal or better, we'll see!)

But like Harry Redfapp it's not about their respective results/ ability .. It's about the attitude to me.

Verts almost invariably has a face like a slapped arse & very clearly hasn't wanted to be there for the past season 1/2

Some will say who can blame him, a la Lloris, but he doesn't have the ability to pull that one off. We're as good a team as he deserves right now but he doesn't seem to think that

Hope vertonghen moves on , he deserves better than playing for a mickey mouse chairman and a club whos fans hate him, lets stick to our level of players, Kaboul and chiriches. thats the tottenham way, bullshit defending and when are best players havent forced out a move we can ensure a minority of our fans will push for it.

Hope vertonghen moves on , he deserves better than playing for a mickey mouse chairman and a club whos fans hate him, lets stick to our level of players, Kaboul and chiriches. thats the tottenham way, bullshit defending and when are best players havent forced out a move we can ensure a minority of our fans will push for it.
I understand what you're saying mate and I believe I said the exact same thing a few pages back. But instead of giving up lets at least put up a fight to keep him and try to be much, much louder than the idiotic cunts who want him gone.

Just to be clear, with all the mud slinging, I don't want him gone, although I think he will.

Getting 20-25mil for him may be too hard for Poch to resist, considering he needs to rebuild the squad.

Just to be clear, with all the mud slinging, I don't want him gone, although I think he will.

Getting 20-25mil for him may be too hard for Poch to resist, considering he needs to rebuild the squad.
Mate, we had £100 million to rebuild the squad when Bale jumped ship. We would end up with a load more shit if baldini & baldy have anything to do with it. I don't think you'd replace Vertonghen with an improvement & rebuild the squad for that kind of money-if that's what we got for him. If he's happy to stay, I say we keep him. If he wants to go, he can join the rest of the players we couldn't keep & I will flip him the bird.

I genuinely wouldn't care if he left, in the past few games he's been playing well and with passion which is nice but if Poch wants Moreno then so be it, he's got a winners attitude and is a defend first kind of CB.

When fans stop putting players above the club and acting like we should be grateful he pulls our shirt on every week, then maybe the cunts will pull their socks up and earn their vile wages a bit more.

Vertonghen has been fucking shit to average for nearly two years now. Crying about playing LB in the press then putting in world class shifts at LB for Belgium.

He can fuck off if he dont want to be here, just like Modric, and just like Bale.

Hopefully, the fanboys fuck off with their faves too cos Id be happy to support a Championship Spurs, full of local kids, and pre twitter football fans to be honest.

When fans stop putting players above the club and acting like we should be grateful he pulls our shirt on every week, then maybe the cunts will pull their socks up and earn their vile wages a bit more.

Vertonghen has been fucking shit to average for nearly two years now. Crying about playing LB in the press then putting in world class shifts at LB for Belgium.

He can fuck off if he dont want to be here, just like Modric, and just like Bale.

Hopefully, the fanboys fuck off with their faves too cos Id be happy to support a Championship Spurs, full of local kids, and pre twitter football fans to be honest.
It's not a case of favourites, it's supporting all the players and not driving them out of our club.

I'm very much an advocate of 'if they don't want to be here, they can sling their hook', but I feel that Jan has shown more commitment this season than last - look at his reaction at the goals against Hull and Villa. Not saying he will see out his contract but whilst he still on our books, we should utilise him to the full - he is the best CB at the club, by a mile.

As I said before, it's an oxymoron. "Our defender is amazing, but our defense is shit". Alright then :memelol:

Lets check my list of defenders, shall we?

Spurs conceded 21 goals. 8th worse defense in the league.

Lescott, West Brom - 20.
Shawcross, Stoke - 18.
Ivanovic, Cahill and Terry - 11.
Williams, Swansea - 14.
Fonte, Southampton - 10.

Strange that, they've all conceded less than us. Utterly bizarre, who would have guessed, maybe good defenders mean your team concede less goals!?!

You've not even named the best defenders at West Brom and Southampton. One of the team you have named is the best team in the league so obviously they will concede fewer goals than us. Swansea have really over performed and Stoke are always fairly solid defensively.

You've not even named the best defenders at West Brom and Southampton. One of the team you have named is the best team in the league so obviously they will concede fewer goals than us. Swansea have really over performed and Stoke are always fairly solid defensively.

"Best" is relative, so that means fuck all. Lescott has played 11 out of 15 games, so I think it's fair to say he's a first team starter and so you can draw links between him playing and goals conceded.

Fonte, 14 games out of 15. Hence I can draw the link between them playing and goals conceded. Alderweireld (Who I presume is their "Best") has only played 10 times.

Williams has been good for the past 3-4 years, so not sure what the relevance is of Swansea over performing or not. Stoke are solid defensively because (Shock, horror) they have a defensively solid captain and defender back there.

Williams got absolutely torn one today for Spam's third goal. If that had been A Spurs defender, we would have all been slating him off for being so easily beaten. I didn't see him hurtling after Sakho to rectify his fuck up & making a last ditch tackle to stop the goal. All defenders drop howlers or get beaten by the odd mistake. I still say that Jan is in the top 5 centre halves in the EPL. I didn't bring stats into it, but the stats suggest that too. And if anyone would rather have Williams or Shawcross in our defence, well I think that's pretty incredible. For me, I wouldn't swap Jan for either of them but I bet Stoke & Swansea would

Back
Top Bottom