Jan Vertonghen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

tumblr_mb4m7gIIMl1r1fq7do1_500.gif

Really hope the clowns who had been slagging him off last season have a massive slice of humble pie, what type of dumb fuck judges a player who has been solid in his first season based on a poor run in the 2nd.Massive player in our defence second to only lloris.

Really hope the clowns who had been slagging him off last season have a massive slice of humble pie, what type of dumb fuck judges a player who has been solid in his first season based on a poor run in the 2nd.Massive player in our defence second to only lloris.
What kind of dumb fuck completely ignores about a season of indifferent attitude and shite form? He's been fantastic over the past several matches and deserves praise for this. However he also deserved a booting for his behaviour last year.

What kind of dumb fuck completely ignores about a season of indifferent attitude and shite form? He's been fantastic over the past several matches and deserves praise for this. However he also deserved a booting for his behaviour last year.

Yes players go in and out of form, two managers, squad entirely ripped up and put back together again in 2014, Sherwood's toxic presence creating divisions..ect. There were a lot of stresses on the player. Likewise the season when Arry decided mid season he was going to the 'world cup' based on media speculation.

My hunch is vertonghen is a spurs fan, if he wanted to leave he would have left by now. He will be 28 this year. hardly as if Barcelona or Madrid are going to come snap him up for a few good years left. He is ruthless and dirty in games because he does what it takes to win for spurs, Not a fan fvourite but a big part of the team

Being forced to play for Tim Sherwood does excuse it partially, tbf.

:sherwoodwtf:

I think he should be our next skipper!

Looks like he is enjoying his football again. Whatever the fuck was going on last year behind the scenes is now history (crosses fingers). Interesting that with all the contract talk a couple of months ago, we are in the Jan window not a peep out of the press.

lol - those body language experts again

The dressing room under Snakewood was hardly the epitome of camaraderie and happiness

lol - those body language experts again

The dressing room under Snakewood was hardly the epitome of camaraderie and happiness

It wasn't under AVB either, something was very wrong last season, neither manager seemed to be able to command the players respects. Not going to apportion blame as there is no point now but I feel the players are very much working for Poch right now, it might be his style, brains I don't know but everything feels happier.

I'll admit I was one of those who questioned his commitment, but not his ability. Our defence pairing should always be Jan plus A N Other. It is good to see him appearing to be enjoying his game now, you don't have to be an expert in reading body language to see he is in a completely different place this season. Long may it continue, I would be quite sad to see him go elsewhere.
PS - Not sure if this has been pointed out, but when he upended JD on Saturday,he was annoyed that we had two good shouts for fouls before the ball came over to JD and wasn't shy in mentioning it to the ref. (useless plank that he was!)

Spurs should have won 3-1 but the referee Chris Foy disallowed a second goal for Vertonghen, who had raced from his own half to shoot home with Costel Pantilimon out of position after going up for a corner in stoppage time. Foy was only a few feet from Vertonghen, who was in Tottenham’s half when the ball was passed to him, and asked the referee to explain.

“He said it was offside because the goalkeeper wasn’t behind the last defender but maybe he thought I was just in the other half,” the Belgian said. “I was onside by six or seven yards. But I have made mistakes and he [Foy] made one too. Fair enough, if the referee can admit to me that it is wrong then we can shake hands and it is fine!”

Foy is such a cunt.

Spurs should have won 3-1 but the referee Chris Foy disallowed a second goal for Vertonghen, who had raced from his own half to shoot home with Costel Pantilimon out of position after going up for a corner in stoppage time. Foy was only a few feet from Vertonghen, who was in Tottenham’s half when the ball was passed to him, and asked the referee to explain.

“He said it was offside because the goalkeeper wasn’t behind the last defender but maybe he thought I was just in the other half,” the Belgian said. “I was onside by six or seven yards. But I have made mistakes and he [Foy] made one too. Fair enough, if the referee can admit to me that it is wrong then we can shake hands and it is fine!”

Foy is such a cunt.
JV is the fucking man! I'd be pissed right off! Does anything phase this bloke?

Back
Top Bottom