Jan Vertonghen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Yep Mensa, great info there, thanks for that. We actually needed him last year BTW, and the year before that and the ....:dawsonlol:
But anyway I take your point completely, and would love to see Daws stay. As I say v Chicago he looked fine, and maybe now he does believe he is part of Poch's squad.

Here's hoping :coys:

You know Ive always liked the guy, and wanted him at the lane, just the first choice thing was the debate, sad truth is nobody was on top form last year

images

I think it has more to do with the 3 clause special arrangement Levy signed with Madrid
1) Madrid buy our best players. If they`re deemed good enough
2) They supply Woolwich with a top international now and then
3) If Barca come sniffing, we tell them to fuck off
:levylol:
Funny ..............But True!

Seriously I would give it to Walker, don't think Hugo or Jan are vocal enough, having said that Leds wasn't exactly animated either. But I would still give it to Walker

I think about 72% of the reason why Spurs fans don't trust Verts is because of his facial expression in the tunnel last season at Anfield. For all we know his dog got run over that day.
Along with about 25 other performances.
Was excited when he joined - now needs to work hard to lose his moany bitch attitude that I have decided he has.

Anyone know if he`s signed his new contract yet ? I kept hearing it was a done deal, just a matter of putting pen to paper, dotted lines etc.....then nothing. Have I missed something ?

Anyone see how he played today?
Way off the pace. Most of their attacks were balls between Davies and Jan.
2nd half was better, but think that was largely down to more control from midfield with Dembele coming on for Holtby, who was gash as too was Paulinho. Got the feeling that there plan of attack was to press us very quickly in first half and get more than one goal it was 32 degrees when we kicked off, they just ran themselves into the ground and were looking tired, we brought on fresh legs and took advantage.

Back
Top Bottom